Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Weren't the same people saying we should be backing Mike Ashley the same people who a few months ago were mocking the fact he was involved with Rangers ?

I'm pretty sure that when Ashley appeared to be on the threshold of taking control I described it as good news for Rangers fans.

Not because he's a particularly great guy or that any of the others are particularly bad but because it would put control of the business and control of the debt and control of the bulk of the revenue in a single place.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Weren't the same people saying we should be backing Mike Ashley the same people who a few months ago were mocking the fact he was involved with Rangers ?

Forever_Blowing_It

are you trying to do one-up-manship by saying we are in some way wrong?

and do you regard your snippy comment as some sort of victory over the p&d's?

I would not have wanted Ashley anywhere near my club.

I would not want Dave King anywhere near my club.

Ashley has you by the nadgers, but the Good Rainjurs Men have gone out of their way to irritate him.

Your Clubs (old and new) and the current Companyies ( is the club and company which is owned by a holding company? I'm getting dizzy) are probably the most mock worthy institutions on Planet Earth.

Face it - 'Rangers' are f****ed no matter how it plays. days, weeks and months of incredible mirth ahead. At your expense. Glorious.

I hope they win tonight though. I've put them on my accumulator

I'm pretty sure that when Ashley appeared to be on the threshold of taking control I described it as good news for Rangers fans.

Not because he's a particularly great guy or that any of the others are particularly bad but because it would put control of the business and control of the debt and control of the bulk of the revenue in a single place.

No just certain posters seemed to be portraying Ashley as the devil a few months ago but now he is all of a sudden the best thing that could have happened to us . I have never really been on side of any of the boards , I still think sarver was the best offer we had recently

No just certain posters seemed to be portraying Ashley as the devil a few months ago but now he is all of a sudden the best thing that could have happened to us . I have never really been on side of any of the boards , I still think sarver was the best offer we had recently

I think you misunderstand (but it might be me). People were saying Ashley would be bad for rangers fans (not the company) because he's not going to fund an assault on the champions league but rather make sevco into a going concern that could actually make money for him. It was inferred rangers fans need to be billy big baws and since Ashley would probably turn sevco round by cutting costs this would cause the orc hordes to desert in droves.

It is only when measured up next to King and co that Ashley looks good for the fans. Sarver was probably the best offer as you say.

I consistently saw Ashley as a better bet for Rangers.

Of course he didn't give a shit about the club and was interested only in income streams he could secure. The point is though that it was in his business interests for Rangers to consolidate and ultimately prosper. He had no plans to throw money about and progress was likely to be gradual.

With King, I've always seen a greater chance of short term success if he's as willing as he claims, to throw money around. He's an extremely volatile character however, and the risk of things going terribly wrong is surely greater.

If it was my team, I wouldn't be keen on either option, but would favour the first one.

If my team had been through what Rangers have, I'd definitely not want anything to do with King.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I consistently saw Ashley as a better bet for Rangers.

Of course he didn't give a shit about the club and was interested only in income streams he could secure. The point is though that it was in his business interests for Rangers to consolidate and ultimately prosper. He had no plans to throw money about and progress was likely to be gradual.

With King, I've always seen a greater chance of short term success if he's as willing as he claims, to throw money around. He's an extremely volatile character however, and the risk of things going terribly wrong is surely greater.

If it was my team, I wouldn't be keen on either option, but would favour the first one.

If my team had been through what Rangers have, I'd definitely not want anything to do with King.

Pretty much how I read the situation. Time will tell RE: King & Co though.

What the tiny bear mind cannot comprehend is that while Ashley would be great for the long term financial stability at the club we can still laugh because we know that the austerity measures and the lack of willingness to fund the teddy bears dreams annoys teh fcuk of them.

Nae chance to be billy bigbaws.

Paddy big baws post

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sons of the Drowner .. deluded muppets.

Does that poster jock still post on here, maybe he'd know what you're on about. One of the few people who could decipher your ramblings.