Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You do know what the co in newco stands for, dontchya?

Playing in Europe, accounts. Done and dusted.

Entering cups at lower level" I recall Celtic fans posting a snippet of rules on twitter, which they claimed showed a new club. A short while later some helpful bears posted the rest of the rules, which cleared things up. It may have been Stricky who posted it on here originally, dig deep and look for it.

All evidence of a big hiccup in the the timeline in 2012.

I don't really bang any 'new club' drum. As far as I'm concerned, what lives on is pretty much Rangers, but not wholly, smoothly so.

The club/company thing cannot be swallowed whole, because the terms have always been regarded as synonymous and treated that way. A professional football club very clearly is a company.

You do know what the co in newco stands for, dontchya?

Playing in Europe, accounts. Done and dusted.

Entering cups at lower level" I recall Celtic fans posting a snippet of rules on twitter, which they claimed showed a new club. A short while later some helpful bears posted the rest of the rules, which cleared things up. It may have been Stricky who posted it on here originally, dig deep and look for it.

I am sure that really happened.

Interrupted means that the membership stopped.

A licence applicant may only be a football club, i.e. a legal entity fully responsible for a football team participating in national and international competitions which

either:

a) is a registered member of a UEFA member association and/or its affiliated

league (hereinafter: registered member); or

b) has a contractual relationship with a registered member (hereinafter: football

company).

Therefore when their membership stopped they ceased being a football club as defined by the UEFA rules.

New membership, new club.

All evidence of a big hiccup in the the timeline in 2012.

I don't really bang any 'new club' drum. As far as I'm concerned, what lives on is pretty much Rangers, but not wholly, smoothly so.

The club/company thing cannot be swallowed whole, because the terms have always been regarded as synonymous and treated that way. A professional football club very clearly is a company.

A big hiccup, finish one season then start the next one?

Did you read that on a blog? Amazing the amount of people who have expertise in such things, it really is amazing.

Did you read that on a blog? Amazing the amount of people who have expertise in such things, it really is amazing.

Says the expert at hiding cakes and going lalalalalala whilst wearing slippers watching the big match as Vicky makes him his tea.

Edited by dirty dingus

I remember the P and Bers telling awra that pre season friendlies didn't count as proper games lol

Anyhow back to your link

" Rangers fans have already bought the entire away allocation for their match against Brechin at Glebe Park as the club's Sevco owners announced that they are charging up to 50% less for season tickets in the Third Division"

Thanks for posting that Stricky because I thought that the club was sevco, sure some blogger said so.

Anything to assist. I take it you are withdrawing your mistaken assertion? Edited by strichener

if Rangers Football Club (or whatever they are called) wish to pay their previous debts from their previous incarnation then I (and I am sure everyone else) would have no problem with the "continuation/same club" narrative

Otherwise, you are a contemptible spoiled brat of a club and if you can't see why others would view you as such then I feel sorry for you.

can't have your cake and eat it springs to mind.

if Rangers Football Club (or whatever they are called) wish to pay their previous debts from their previous incarnation then I (and I am sure everyone else) would have no problem with the "continuation/same club" narrative

Otherwise, you are a contemptible spoiled brat of a club and if you can't see why others would view you as such then I feel sorry for you.

I doubt it, it's fun for people to annoy them, and it's about overspending to win and starting a new company, not about unpaid debts.

If it was about unpaid debts, then there are many clubs in a similar boat.

No, I didn't. I don't tend to read blogs, other than when something is linked to from here.

I've not at any point claimed expertise in anything. I am however, capable of reading and of forming independent thoughts.

You seem to be focusing now on the duration of the interruption. Again this isn't because you really believe it to be key. Instead it's because you think it suits your argument about nothing changing.

We still have Rangers, but the timeline got broken.

Nakamura is right.

Criticising the non payment of debts is perfectly legitimate. Morally, it's dreadful that such obligations can apparently just be walked away from.

If we want to use that as evidence of a new club however, then we'll have to concede the existence of quite a few of them, from Dundee to Livingston to Hearts etc.

Rangers have a fractured history not directly because of owing money, but because they were once liquidated. Obviously one is related to the other, but it's the latter that was the interruption.

Nakamura is right.Criticising the non payment of debts is perfectly legitimate. Morally, it's dreadful that such obligations can apparently just be walked away from.If we want to use that as evidence of a new club however, then we'll have to concede the existence of quite a few of them, from Dundee to Livingston to Hearts etc.Rangers have a fractured history not directly because of owing money, but because they were once liquidated. Obviously one is related to the other, but it's the latter that was the interruption.

It's nothing to do with opinions Monkey. It is the rules as they are written and enforced now. UEFA are quite clear with the financial fair play rules.

To obtain a licence to play in European competition you have to be a member of your home association for 3 consecutive years. Rangers were denied a licence on this point.

New membership, new start to the history.

Pre liquidation and post liquidation.

It is not allowed for a club to changed legal form in order to shed debt. All other clubs who have done this since 2011 have been forced to acknowledge the change by their home association, why not Rangers? Armageddon?

It's nothing to do with opinions Monkey. It is the rules as they are written and enforced now. UEFA are quite clear with the financial fair play rules.

To obtain a licence to play in European competition you have to be a member of your home association for 3 consecutive years. Rangers were denied a licence on this point.

New membership, new start to the history.

Pre liquidation and post liquidation.

It is not allowed for a club to changed legal form in order to shed debt. All other clubs who have done this since 2011 have been forced to acknowledge the change by their home association, why not Rangers? Armageddon?

How does that counter the post you quoted above it?

How does that counter the post you quoted above it?

Would I not be correct in thinking that all the clubs you mention as having previous bad debt had their problems prior to 2011? I think some of them may even have changed stucture, which would be the same result as liquidation under FFP. The rules have changed so using any precedence before 2011 is wrong.

Or in Vicky's case: you can't hide your cake and eat it!

Pay your debts.

Fücking tramps.

Au contraire, diddychops.

We've been deemed the same club by everyone who matters, which is good enough for us, and so we move on towards number 55 and leave the rest to their slaverings.

There is no debate anymore, it's now just name-calling, which is all the Rangers-haters have left. The seethe, which threatens to bring down the National Grid the closer we get to our rightful place, is actually glorious to behold. We are laughing at you.

And to think you blew such a golden opportunity to kill us off forever. Nae luck :lol:

If you honestly believed that why on earth would you dignify it with a response? It would be like responding to FB's 'h' nonsense. Most call him out on his implied "no wan o us" bull the first few times but ignore it after that. Yet rangers fans desperately defend the club/company pish every single time...

Au contraire, diddychops.

We've been deemed the same club by everyone who matters, which is good enough for us, and so we move on towards number 55 and leave the rest to their slaverings.

There is no debate anymore, it's now just name-calling, which is all the Rangers-haters have left. The seethe, which threatens to bring down the National Grid the closer we get to our rightful place, is actually glorious to behold. We are laughing at you.

And to think you blew such a golden opportunity to kill us off forever. Nae luck :lol:

I thought your new club put out a press release requesting that you didn't respond to being called a new club. :lol: