Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just now, Dominique Malonga said:

This thread should have been locked a long,long time ago.

It was?, too many times to remember but always got unlocked because it is way too important for some to get their fix. I think there are about 3 or 4 threads that popped up in the past complaining about it being locked and eventually the BIG THREAD was duly unlocked with warnings. And there are the times that non frequent posters were happy the thread wasn't locked when info on the OLDCO real Rangers FC in liquidation became public knowledge and also association corruption libel.

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

It should be locked for everyone's sake imo.

Imagine if The Demented Ones were let loose?  Some of them may even take an interest in football!

Edited by The_Kincardine

It was?, too many times to remember but always got unlocked because it is way too important for some to get their fix. I think there are about 3 or 4 threads that popped up in the past complaining about it being locked and eventually the BIG THREAD was duly unlocked with warnings. And there are the times that non frequent posters were happy the thread wasn't locked when info on the OLDCO real Rangers FC in liquidation became public knowledge and also association corruption libel.

Ah, I hadn't realised it had been locked before. Just seems tedious as f**k to me.

Imagine if The Demented Ones were let loose?  Some of them may even take an interest in football!

Is it true there's folk that have signed up to P&B
yet only have posts in this thread and nowhere else:lol:?

23 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Is it true there's folk that have signed up to P&B yet only have posts in this thread and nowhere else:lol:?

I can't say that.  There are, though. a fair few posters who joined P&B after Feb 14th 2012 just to post about Rangers.  You know who you are, you naughty bhoys ;)

There are also a fair few, mostly plastics, who have 'dotting accounts'.  They tend to be the dullest of the dull.  Aye, that's you BossHog/The King/The_67.

Still, if the highlight of your week was shiting in a Lidl bag then even The Big Thread looks attractive.

I can't say that.  There are, though. a fair few posters who joined P&B after Feb 14th 2012 just to post about Rangers.  You know who you are, you naughty bhoys [emoji6]

There are also a fair few, mostly plastics, who have 'dotting accounts'.  They tend to be the dullest of the dull.  Aye, that's you BossHog/The King/The_67.

Still, if the highlight of your week was shiting in a Lidl bag then even The Big Thread looks attractive.

When I first joined I had heard that there were posters who had joined the forum and only posted in this thread. f**k that man. This is easily the worst thread on the site, absolutely tedious. I read the forum for a wee while before signing up but when I did eventually register, I swore to myself I would steer well clear of this thread.

And here I am posting in it.IMG_1468717539.466028.jpg.6feabca968a026

3 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

When I first joined I had heard that there were posters who had joined the forum and only posted in this thread. f**k that man. This is easily the worst thread on the site, absolutely tedious. I read the forum for a wee while before signing up but when I did eventually register, I swore to myself I would steer well clear of this thread.

There are a couple of long-standing Rangers fans (most have been banned) who don't post on The Big Thread and a few newcomers who give it a body-swerve.  This is to their credit.

I like to 'hold our end up' so tend to spend my posting time here or in Rangers threads.  I enjoy match threads most, today for example.  You and I had a decent conversation on the Motherwell thread.  I'll also watch your game on Thursday with interest.

There are a couple of long-standing Rangers fans (most have been banned) who don't post on The Big Thread and a few newcomers who give it a body-swerve.  This is to their credit.

I like to 'hold our end up' so tend to spend my posting time here or in Rangers threads.  I enjoy match threads most, today for example.  You and I had a decent conversation on the Motherwell thread.  I'll also watch your game on Thursday with interest.

Don't think this thread does anyone any favours tbh.

Aye I think we've blown it regarding Brondby. We really should have took a draw into the second leg but dodgy officiating, a blunder from our inexperienced keeper and a lack of cutting edge in the final third have seen to that. I expect them to be stronger at home as well. They were good at Easter Road but I expected better if I'm honest. Saying that they were very comfortable on the ball and very streetwise.

24 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Don't think this thread does anyone any favours tbh.

Aye I think we've blown it regarding Brondby. We really should have took a draw into the second leg but dodgy officiating, a blunder from our inexperienced keeper and a lack of cutting edge in the final third have seen to that. I expect them to be stronger at home as well. They were good at Easter Road but I expected better if I'm honest. Saying that they were very comfortable on the ball and very streetwise.

Hard task for you blokes on Thursday and I doubt you'll score 2 goals - though you're capable of it.

The thread?  Depends on the posters and their mindset.  Often it's tedious, especially the 'Cut and Paste' morons...this is true elsewhere on the board, though.  One is often waist-high in dross and not just on The Big Thread.

Hard task for you blokes on Thursday and I doubt you'll score 2 goals - though you're capable of it.

The thread?  Depends on the posters and their mindset.  Often it's tedious, especially the 'Cut and Paste' morons...this is true elsewhere on the board, though.  One is often waist-high in dross and not just on The Big Thread.

I'd be happy enough with a decent performance over there as I can't see us going through after the first leg. I honestly feared the worst when we conceded so early on Thursday. We never let it get to us though and put in a really good performance. We really should have came away with a draw but what can you do.

True but i honestly haven't come across a thread as downright tedious since I've posted on this forum. It's the same back and forth every time.

It's so compulsive, even the haters cannot stay away.. Fascinating that you dislike it, joined with a self imposed mission to stay away and yet here you are despite all the other threads on the forum to pick from. As I said, it says a lot about you and it sums you up. I don't think I got anything wrong in that analysis. Your attempt to shift the focus away from your own shortcomings is all too evident.

"Haters" "a self imposed mission" "shift the focus away from your own shortcomings" :lol:

I said to myself "f**k sake I'll need to steer clear of that thread when I join" I never took some kind of oath you oddball:lol:

One of the most bizarre posts I've ever read on here. You've never posted outwith this thread have you?

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

So shall we discuss the set-up of our two clubs or will you shite the bed?

I'm sort of puzzled and intrigued by this hook you are dangling at the Celtic fans....

Celtic - formed as a club of members (part charitable fund-raiser for impoverished east-end of glasgow population), changed structure to become a limited company, later changed structure to become a PLC.   Continuous existence since 1887 or 1888 to present

Rangers - formed as a club of members, changed the structure to become a limited company, later changed  structure to become a PLC. Went into Adminstration, could not get CVA agreed and now in the liquidation process - 'DEAD'.

Totally new company formed, buys various assets of old club, and re-names itself The Rangers and tries to pass itself off as the Same Club. (Supporters, SFA slash SPFL, and Main Stream media happy with this pretence)

first club formed in 1872 or 1873. Perished in 2012. New  'Similar' club cobbled together in 2012.

36 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

Just don't read it.

That would be the obvious solution to Dominique's difficulties.

Of course the thread can be pretty poor much of the time, but it's not alone in that.  It's been not bad of late though, aided no doubt by my absence.

"This thread needs closed" is just one of those stock phrases that certain people who rarely spend much time here, like to come out with, under the impression that they're being original or remotely interesting.  

He'll go away soon.

10 hours ago, MoshiniBellend said:

Do you think that the conformation, of the SFA's definition of a football club being an ethearal, metaphysical entity attached to status morphing licence being at odds with UEFA and Scottish Law, is not significant?

Also ASA's decision based on the reply they "stated" they received from UEFA, now seems to be "rather dubious" and concocted?

It shouldn't have needed the RES12 guys to confirm something we all knew to be true.

The club/company are the one and the same. The terms are interchangeable and as you said synonymous. Article 12 conformed that without any decision from UEFA.

The question is, do fans of Scottish Football have the appetite to force the SFA to do "cleaning of their house"?

Or should they just let it rest and pretend nothing is amiss?

No, I don't think it's especially significant.

It's amusing because it again challenges Nacho's drivel about "all credible evidence", but all it really does is confirm that we can each find sources to support our preferred reading.  

I'm content with the idea that it was a guddle.  Rangers is not a completely new entity, but what happened in 2012 is not an irrelevance either, meaning that no continuity can sensibly be considered seamless or uninterrupted.  I'm happy enough that the measures taken four years ago reflect that.

If it really does matter a great deal to a group of adults to be able to say that the team they like best, has won loads of trophies in the past, then who am I to intrude on such need?  I think it's perhaps kindest if we just let them.

For me, the real issue concerns title stripping.  That's where injustice remains and it has nothing to do with continuity.