whisky lovers

I've got 13 bottles on my watch list at this auction and I've just bid on a bottle of whisky I bought a couple of years back.

I never wanted to give the seller a profit but at the same time this is a quality whisky.

First time I've bid for something I've tasted before, on top of that I know I'll be paying over the odds. 

Pre-editing to add - already I am being out bid by some arsehole. 

17 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I've got 13 bottles on my watch list at this auction and I've just bid on a bottle of whisky I bought a couple of years back.

I never wanted to give the seller a profit but at the same time this is a quality whisky.

First time I've bid for something I've tasted before, on top of that I know I'll be paying over the odds. 

Pre-editing to add - already I am being out bid by some arsehole. 

Worth always asking in here if it’s something in particular your after, been given a few pointers myself and got them on the back of it.

14 minutes ago, Con Stapleton said:

Anyone know where I can find rare Japanese whisky?

The usual auction sites & very expensive/ sought after. Kariuzawa, for example, will go for upwards of 3K a bottle.

Edited to add: the artwork on the labels is stunning!

Edited by badgerthewitness

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Some good ones there, never tried Cadenhead yet, was always put off with their labels before I knew much about them and the fact that they say they don't waste money on them!

Are these all you latest auction ones?

I am at Campbeltown and went to the distillery for a tasting. Was lovely. 

23 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I had a Kilkerran last night in Glasgow, lovely, however not sure I could drink it regularly.

Had the 12 year old kilkerran and an 8 year old cask strength Kilkerran (heavily peated) before and they are different from each other. I preferred the heavily peated. 

The one I have bought is an 8 year old cask strength Kilkerran (port cask). I have read that it is pretty good and thought I'd give it a go.

Anybody tried Dalmunach?

A new name to me, but I walked past the distillery on the Speyside Way yesterday and the architecture is incredible. It was shut*, so no samples for me.

My photo doesn't do it justice, it was far too sunny to take a decent picture from the best angle.

Reading up on Dalmunach, I see it was only opened in 2014 and that most of its spirit is earmarked for blending by Chivas Brothers.

But some bottles of 4yo have been released for sale.

Curious to try it. Always enjoy whisky that bit more when I have been to the distillery.

* Also walked past, or nearby to, Ballindalloch, Cragganmore, Tamdhu, Knockando, Dailuane, Aberlour and Craigellachie. No doubt others! All shut. No drams were to be had. But maybe a Sunday in the off season is not the time to be going hunting for that.
b291bc11bffb3a34d99dbcfd9bfe8339.jpg