Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

You just get the feeling that this is a history defining day for both football clubs. It's a once in a life time event and it will be talked about for the remainder of everyone who will be there tomorrows natural life, and probably beyond. The future is unclear for both sides, but the triumphant fans will be able to end any derby argument with the retort:

' Aye, but remember that time we beat you in the Cup Final? '

This time next week there will have been a mass migration of one set of fans, while the others still be bragging about it. There will have been a signature and avatar change en masse in honour of the win. Gifs of the winning moment will be replayed on this and many others from here to eternity. Photographs of the winning captain and trophy with the ' pleasing ' caption will be displayed after every small triumph.

Legends and villains will be made. The player who scores the winner will relive and be reminded of the moment for the rest of his life. The winning team will be doing on pitch parades 50 years from now, where they will receive rapturous applause from a new generation of supporters. No matter where the victors end up, they will be forever known as the cup heroes of 2012.

The fans of both sides will never forget it, good or bad.

Enjoy the game lads :)

You just get the feeling that this is a history defining day for both football clubs. It's a once in a life time event and it will be talked about for the remainder of everyone who will be there tomorrows natural life, and probably beyond. The future is unclear for both sides, but the triumphant fans will be able to end any derby argument with the retort:

This time next week there will have been a mass migration of one set of fans, while the others still be bragging about it. There will have been a signature and avatar change en masse in honour of the win. Gifs of the winning moment will be replayed on this and many others from here to eternity. Photographs of the winning captain and trophy with the ' pleasing ' caption will be displayed after every small triumph.

Legends and villains will be made. The player who scores the winner will relive and be reminded of the moment for the rest of his life. The winning team will be doing on pitch parades 50 years from now, where they will receive rapturous applause from a new generation of supporters. No matter where the victors end up, they will be forever known as the cup heroes of 2012.

Okay, NOW im shiting it.... :(

Great post. Some Hibs fans have been hitting out with the 'its just another loss if Hearts win' shite.

Each and every Hearts and Hibs supporter is aware of the magnitude of this match no matter what they say.

As a neutral I will be sitting back with a couple of beers watching what I hope will be a great game of football and a fantastic footballing occassion. Very jealous of both sets of fans at the moment but by tomorrow night I'll be glad that I'm not a fan of the losing team - I think it will be very hard to take.

Have a great day Jambos and Hibees: I'm very envious.

As a veteran of very many losing finals, and a few victorious ones, it's best to do most of your celebrating/drowning of sorrows after the game!

Have a fantastic time: I've had a dream about the game, there's only one goal in it (doesn't go to penalties) AND the goalscoring game winning hero has not scored at all this season!

I might even put a bet on (haven't been in a bookmakers since before United were even in any of those finals). Looking forward to it.

Really looking forward to this. Having a bunch of mates over for beers and to watch this and the Champions League, including 2 guys who are both from Edinburgh, Hibs fans, and called Andy. Think I'll be wanting Hibs to win as well, just so they break the hoodoo.

For the love of god, why did you have to make this post? I was actually starting to get more and more calm, and now this well written mind-f**k has me all over the place again. You should get a job standing in hospital waiting rooms delivering speeches about the magnitude of peoples operations to the relatives.

I'll not be back before the final, but I'll remember where I left it and read what remains of the thread next time I'm on PnB, regardless of the result. I just hope a lot of the jambos don't disappear if Hibs do win, although I have a feeling many would. Us Hibby's have endured nothing but gloating over the last few years, it'd be a shame if many of the gloaters can't take their own medicine.

I know Hibs aren't favourites, and yet I can't help but imagine what the celebrations would be like. Hearts fans have been there before, but whilst I'm sure they'd have some epic celebrations ours would be unreal. I get goosebumps every time I think about the 22,000 Hibby's descending on Leith to be met by thousands more jubilent fans. Although Hearts winning would make us losing more sore, at the moment I can't look beyond what it would be like for us. To miss out on that would be gut-wrenchingly sad.

Anyway, all the best lads.

Edited by Guest