Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Have a great day Jambos and Hibees: I'm very envious.

As a veteran of very many losing finals, and a few victorious ones, it's best to do most of your celebrating/drowning of sorrows after the game!

Have a fantastic time: I've had a dream about the game, there's only one goal in it (doesn't go to penalties) AND the goalscoring game winning hero has not scored at all this season!

I might even put a bet on (haven't been in a bookmakers since before United were even in any of those finals). Looking forward to it.

Who was this scorer?

I dreamt Claros got the winner.

My mate, a Hibbee, who's an ex-pat now staying in Australia, has travelled over for this game tomorrow, as he says that beating the 'yams' to win their first cup in over 100 years is something he doesnae want to miss.

I don't think he's even remotely considered the alternative...

To the fans of Hearts and Hibs I#m jealous as hell the 'Well are not there, enjoy your rughtly deserved day in the Sun (well hopefully).

Although I suppose its a cracker for the neutral a non OF final.

Good Luck to both teams. biggrin.gif

Optimistic with your sun prediction i think. Got jacket/jumper/scarf combo prepared ohmy.gif

Dundee Hibernians more than likely dreamt of a Hibs player scoring. Our team will probably be:

MacDonald

McGowan(scored) Zaliukas(Scored) Webster(Scored) Grainger

Barr Black(Scored)

Suso(Scored) Skacel(Scored) Templeton(Scored)

Beattie(Scored)

Unless it's Granny Danger with a howitzer of a freekick :D

Working in our fine capital city, I know plenty of fans on both sides and today especially they were struggling to concentrate - they were bouncing off the walls in preparation for this. Only one or two on each side seem confident, the rest were absolutely bricking it and conceding defeat in attempts to get any sort of sleep tonight!

I'm jealous of them and I haven't looked forward to a cup final that doesn't involve the Pars as much ever. The buzz in and around Edinburgh, and across Scotland, for this one is absolutely tremendous. We've got a lot of negatives in Scottish football at the moment, but this is such a fantastic positive to end the campaign with. Two of our biggest clubs, competing in their biggest match ever, on our biggest stage at our showpiece event, with all the sub plots that go with it - it's simply fantastic.

I usually try to watch the Edinburgh derby as a neutral as it's often a very entertaining watch. This one might not be as entertaining for the purist, or have as many goals, but it should be an enthralling and engrossing watch - hell, even the atmosphere will be worth watching.

I really am hoping for a great game and may the best team win. As I say, I've got pals who support the Jambos and others who are Hibbys, and whoever wins I'll be delighted for my pals on the winning team, but will feel sorry for the ones who end up disappointed. The fervour around this game proves that there is plenty of life in our game outside the Old Firm.

To both sets of fans, enjoy the day and create an atmosphere to do Edinburgh and Scotland proud.

Edited by Larbert_Par

See if the Old Firm just shrivelled up and fucking died, it would always be like this.

It's a nice thought isn't it. A proper Scottish football occasion and even if it's not a great game it will still be one to remember.

I come from a family of Hibs supporters and on those grounds I'll be in the green corner tomorrow. Mon the Hibees :D

Really choking on seeing this game, in a way I haven't been for a non-Celtic game since maybe Scotland v Ukraine. Both have potentially flash players who could have a blinder or get sent off in the 16th minute - really hard to predict.

If there's less than five goals and one red card, I'll be disappointed. Beers in, feet up.

You just get the feeling that this is a history defining day for both football clubs. It's a once in a life time event and it will be talked about for the remainder of everyone who will be there tomorrows natural life, and probably beyond. The future is unclear for both sides, but the triumphant fans will be able to end any derby argument with the retort:

' Aye, but remember that time we beat you in the Cup Final? '

This time next week there will have been a mass migration of one set of fans, while the others still be bragging about it. There will have been a signature and avatar change en masse in honour of the win. Gifs of the winning moment will be replayed on this and many others from here to eternity. Photographs of the winning captain and trophy with the ' pleasing ' caption will be displayed after every small triumph.

Legends and villains will be made. The player who scores the winner will relive and be reminded of the moment for the rest of his life. The winning team will be doing on pitch parades 50 years from now, where they will receive rapturous applause from a new generation of supporters. No matter where the victors end up, they will be forever known as the cup heroes of 2012.

The fans of both sides will never forget it, good or bad.

Enjoy the game lads :)

One of the best posts ever on P&B

Just back from the pub after enjoying a few "calm before the storm" bevvies with my mates and the magnitude of this game has finally kicked in, especially after reading this post.

This is what football is all about pride, passion, history and memories and thankfully f**k all to do with religious divides.

Lets make this an event to remember for all right reasons, for both sets of supporters and all neutrals.

It's at times like this I fucking love being Scottish and a Hearts supporter