Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

You just get the feeling that this is a history defining day for both football clubs. It's a once in a life time event and it will be talked about for the remainder of everyone who will be there tomorrows natural life, and probably beyond. The future is unclear for both sides, but the triumphant fans will be able to end any derby argument with the retort:

' Aye, but remember that time we beat you in the Cup Final? '

This time next week there will have been a mass migration of one set of fans, while the others still be bragging about it. There will have been a signature and avatar change en masse in honour of the win. Gifs of the winning moment will be replayed on this and many others from here to eternity. Photographs of the winning captain and trophy with the ' pleasing ' caption will be displayed after every small triumph.

Legends and villains will be made. The player who scores the winner will relive and be reminded of the moment for the rest of his life. The winning team will be doing on pitch parades 50 years from now, where they will receive rapturous applause from a new generation of supporters. No matter where the victors end up, they will be forever known as the cup heroes of 2012.

The fans of both sides will never forget it, good or bad.

Enjoy the game lads :)

You are William McIlvanney in real life, aren't you? :D

After the last Scottish Cup final for Hearts back in 2006, I thought back then the only final that could possibly top that would be if it was with Hibs, but the likelyhood of that was about as much as an ice cube's chance in hell.

But this has been a season of events you could never have got odds for at a bookies, they'd have been too busy rolling on the floor laughing at you for asking for the odds on Kilmarnock winning their first League Cup and Rangers on the verge of collapse, never mind a Hibs/Hearts final.

I'm hoping that it's Hearts day, if not I'll not begrudge Hibs after 110 years waiting to catch up with Vale Of Leven and 9 lost finals (as bad as Dundee United's old "gypsy curse" hoodoo). But since this will always be the season everyone remembers as the one Rangers died, rather than the one Hibs beat their Scottish Cup hoodoo, maybe it would be best all round if they let Hearts have it this year so they can really enjoy winning it next year instead?

;)

Nah, don't think they'll buy that one somehow!

'I'll always remember standing in the tunnel before the game. You could tell the Hibs boys were nervous they kept looking over at us. But we just looked straight ahead, we were totally focussed on what we had to do. And I think that showed by the way we went out and played that day."

– Paul Hartley

This is the first Scottish Cup Final i've been looking forward to in some time.

As a neutral living in Edinburgh, the atmosphere at my work where Hibbees and Jambos have genuinely not been speaking to each other all week adds to cup which has lost its way in recent years what with the arse cheeks expecting to win or an Spl v Sfl expectant pumpfest.

I dont give a shit who wins but hopefully it's a classic.

'I'll always remember standing in the tunnel before the game. You could tell the Hibs boys were nervous they kept looking over at us. But we just looked straight ahead, we were totally focussed on what we had to do. And I think that showed by the way we went out and played that day."

– Paul Hartley

"Aberdeen v Celtic final, predicts Paul Hartley"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17709705

Paul Hartley spraffs absolute shite :)

I've neglected this thread for some other thread somewhere, can't remember the name of it. But I can't wait for this tomorrow and really hope Hibs do it. I've no soft spot for them, if anything I always thought if I was from Embra I'd support Hearts, but I really want Hibs to finally break the hoodoo. All the best lads and I hope everyone has a great day up until the match is decided.

Will this match be available on i player tomorrow night? I cant find anyone who can record it and dont have a +box. Anyone any ideas about this or will I have to wait for the DVD to come out to live it again?! The wifes a Hibs fan so one of us will be wanting to watch it at least anyway!

With the exception of our own semi final apperance, I'm looking forward to watching this on the TV more than any Aberdeen game I've been to this season laugh.gif