What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

It's horrible. I only got 4 Sarah Connor wanks in before I turned it off.

Yowzers. I'd have bought the Special Edition too if I'd known that was one of the bonus features.

Shutter Island:

It was pretty heavy-handed in its storytelling and lacked a load of subtlety which lessened the impact of the reveal at the end. It was a fun movie to follow despite how grim some of the imagery was as it was a interesting mystery but, as I said, they seemed to give too much away early on.

7/10

Hail Caesar!

Hmm, a wee bitty disappointed with this. I'd been looking forward to it as I'm a huge Coen Brothers fan but I didn't think it was up to all that much. Don't get me wrong, there was some pretty amusing scenes but altogether the whole thing didn't go anywhere and kinda fell flat.

6/10

The Thing is the best film ever :thumsup2

Watched Amazon Women on the Moon again tonight. Holds up surprisingly well, and is remarkably prescient in one or two scenes, like Rosanna Arquette looking up information about Steve Guttenburg before a date, as I understand the young people do these days on their intarwebs. It's not quite The Kentucky Fried Movie, but it's pretty amusing nonetheless :P

How many films at the cinema have you left early ?

That could be a thread all on its own.

For me, Peter Jackson's King Kong, as it was shit and we knew we could probably catch the start of another film; same goes for Shrek (although I like the sequels, oddly). There's another one I've forgotten, and I wished I'd left Congo early once it was over. Aside from King Kong, the wife tells me she walked out of the 1998 American Godzilla, and I can't say I blame her.

Anyone seen memorable walk-outs from other people? A sizeable percentage of the audience started bitching and walked out of Brotherhood of the Wolf en masse when the subtitles kicked in at the beginning, and practically every late-night horror movie I ever attended in the States would feature an early walk-out from a couple after the baby they brought with them started screaming in terror :1eye

Grismby 2/10 - absolutely rubbish.

Deadpool 9/10 - I thought this was fantastic. Very unique movie and Ryan Reynolds suits the role very well. I've never watched any Marvel films and after seeing this i have printed of a list of movies and shows to get through!

I believe Deadpool isn't actually a Marvel film though, it's a Fox one, am i right?

Edited by Central

Grismby 2/10 - absolutely rubbish.

Deadpool 9/10 - I thought this was fantastic. Very unique movie and Ryan Reynolds suits the role very well. I've never watched any Marvel films and after seeing this i have printed of a list of movies and shows to get through!

I believe Deadpool isn't actually a Marvel film though, it's a Fox one, am i right?

Yip - Fox film, but Marvel character.

I'll warn you - no other Marvel film is like Deadpool!

Yip - Fox film, but Marvel character.

I'll warn you - no other Marvel film is like Deadpool!

I'd have to agree. I've not seen that many marvel films (2 iron mans and both avengers), but I didn't like them at all. Whereas I thought Deadpool was fantastic!

Are the x men films marvel? I enjoy them.

Hail, Caesar!

Watched this yesterday. If you had asked me then I would have given it a 5/10 but the more I think about it the more I think it deserves a little more credit. I love stuff set in LA during that time period (films like Gangster Squad etc I have a massive soft spot for). I find the whole Hollywood in the 50s era really interesting. The film itself doesn't really go anywhere and doesn't have a massive pay off at the end (Coen's do this from time to time) but it looks amazing and has a few really, really good scenes (the religion vs religion scene in the film studio boardroom is absolutely brilliant). It should have the making of a really good film if it had a stronger story thread but ultimately it is there to be enjoyed as an escapist piece of cinema.

7/10 (I think)