What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

1 minute ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Re-watched American Hustle. I had watched it at the cinema and was really bored by it but given the reviews it got I thought maybe I was just not in the right mood when I saw it. Having seen it again I still think it's crap. The performances are all decent but I found it a slog to watch.

I think given the way the movie goes, the fact that there's only really one non-arsehole character doesn't help.

Also Tivo'd and watched Raiders Of The Lost Ark for the first time in years. I felt really sorry for the nazi monkey. You could, unfairly, in my view class the monkey as a Nazi collaborator but I think the monkey was as much a victim of the Nazis as anyone else. I'm not convinced the monkey knew about the shit going down in Germany at that time and her simian support for the nazis was fuelled by propaganda from her patch eyed owner who was a wrong un. Karen Allen said how smart the monkey was so I think the monkey knew the dates were poisoned and it was a suicidal regretful binge once she knew the damage she had done and the pain she had caused Indy.

Seen Deepwater Horizon on kodi, it past a bit of the afternoon, it is not bad, but it did raise a question, does Mark Walberg just play a version of the same character in every film he is in

Re-watched American Hustle. I had watched it at the cinema and was really bored by it but given the reviews it got I thought maybe I was just not in the right mood when I saw it. Having seen it again I still think it's crap. The performances are all decent but I found it a slog to watch.

Any episode of the bbc series hustle is a better watch imo

Also Tivo'd and watched Raiders Of The Lost Ark for the first time in years. I felt really sorry for the nazi monkey. You could, unfairly, in my view class the monkey as a Nazi collaborator but I think the monkey was as much a victim of the Nazis as anyone else. I'm not convinced the monkey knew about the shit going down in Germany at that time and her simian support for the nazis was fuelled by propaganda from her patch eyed owner who was a wrong un. Karen Allen said how smart the monkey was so I think the monkey knew the dates were poisoned and it was a suicidal regretful binge once she knew the damage she had done and the pain she had caused Indy.

Interesting observation.

Green Room 7/10
Interesting. Some pretty savage moments and some unexpected moments but not really as savage overall as I was lead to believe and I was :unsure: about Patrick Stewart

Feel free to not answer if it's too personal a question, but I'm intrigued as to where you get the time to watch so many movies every week?

10 hours ago, banana said:

Feel free to not answer if it's too personal a question, but I'm intrigued as to where you get the time to watch so many movies every week?

Just counted and I've done 12 in the last week! Bearing in mind that's holiday viewing though, I don't think my average is that much. I guess I probably watch more than the average joe, but then I'd rather go out and watch a movie than say Watford vs Crystal Palace and I dare say plenty on here watch excessive amounts of that kind of football.

Also I tend to bang out a handful of reviews in here when I remember and then don't post anything for a week so sometimes a couple of days worth of posts is a couple of weeks worth of viewing. Probably looks mental all at once though!

Personally thought the ending was what made Gone Girl a special film.

Did he stay with her due to the fact he felt obligated to look after/protect the child? Or did he stay because at the end of it all, he was attracted to the lengths she went to like his sister pointed out?

There really hasn't been enough analysis of the role of the monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark. This thread's been sadly missing that level of critical thought IMO.

12 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

There really hasn't been enough analysis of the role of the monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark. This thread's been sadly missing that level of critical thought IMO.

My favourite film monkey. Or should that be minkey?

I watched Everest (2015) over the holidays, I quite enjoyed it, it's a bit of a slow burn but it has got me interested in high altitude mountaineering......only as a spectator of course. 

So I checked out the documentary called K2: Siren of the Himalayas on Amazon Prime last night which is about a 2009 summit attempt with some really impressive footage of the climb. The people who do that kind of stuff are absolutely mental, climbing to the cruising height of an aeroplane without using oxygen. I'm now scouring Amazon and Netflix for more mountaineering docs.

And Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner = Wonder Woman (for real © Jolly Boy John)