What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Autopsy of Jane Doe -- 7/10

A surprisingly efficient wee indie horror movie, this. Father and son coroners (Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch) are finishing up for the night when an unusual body is brought in. A young woman has been found naked and partially buried in the basement of a house where a family have been brutally murdered. The body has no ID, no visible signs of trauma and the baffled police need a cause of death ... stat! So the coroners cancel their plans for the evening and prepare to cut Jane Doe open to discover her secrets, just as a storm begins to brew outside. Brian Cox seems to be enjoying himself as he chews his way through the scenery, and he takes an inordinately long time before he pays heed to his son's advice to GTFO of there, but none of this detracts from the unnerving, gory fun that's to be had as the night slowly becomes more bizarre. 

The Autopsy of Jane Doe -- 7/10
A surprisingly efficient wee indie horror movie, this. Father and son coroners (Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch) are finishing up for the night when an unusual body is brought in. A young woman has been found naked and partially buried in the basement of a house where a family have been brutally murdered. The body has no ID, no visible signs of trauma and the baffled police need a cause of death ... stat! So the coroners cancel their plans for the evening and prepare to cut Jane Doe open to discover her secrets, just as a storm begins to brew outside. Brian Cox seems to be enjoying himself as he chews his way through the scenery, and he takes an inordinately long time before he pays heed to his son's advice to GTFO of there, but none of this detracts from the unnerving, gory fun that's to be had as the night slowly becomes more bizarre. 

Watched this last week, good wee film. Took me a while to work out what else the guy's gf was in - turns out it was the first ever episode of Inside No9!

53 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Watched this last week, good wee film. Took me a while to work out what else the guy's gf was in - turns out it was the first ever episode of Inside No9!

So she was. Good spot!

Is there much point in watching if you've already seen the original King Kong and the 70s and (whenever the Jack Black one was) remakes?

Yes. Nothing like them. It's closer to Apocalypse Now than it is to the Peter Jackson reboot such is the way it's been done.

Jaws 4 eats a plane and teleports around the world. Also, Michael Caine air-dries faster than The Human Torch.

Only thing that beats that is the shark that ate Samuel L. Jackson. Now that's a double-hard steel-bollocked b*****d.

7 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

emoji38.png

Didn't think it was a bad movie tbf, but it gets ridiculous.

It was one of the first things I ever taped off the telly on our first video recorder so I must've watched it every day after school for months. I'll always have a soft spot for it, from the first line ("C'mon ... c'mon.") to the last ("Sure they did.").

7 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

It was Mr Sloane/Elementary that I recognised her from. She was in Guardians of the Galaxy as well(but I wouldn't have realised that if it wasn't for IMDB). She was also in a program that I seen adverts for all the time a few months ago (Hooten and the lady I think). Is Inside No.9 worth a watch?

Lion

Went to watch Lion at the cinema last night not knowing anything about it except my gf wanted to see it. Wow what a great film. Dont think it will work so well on tv but on the big screen you feel like you are on a journey and you get caught up in the emotion. This weeks probably last chance to see it at cinema so if you want to treat the missus take her to see this.