What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Dr Strangelove (Ranked 52)*

Pretty on the fence with this one. Took me about half an hour before I realised it was a comedy :lol: Plenty of laughs after that though and I actually enjoyed it. I won't rush to watch it again though.

5/10

* Not copying Christophe. Copying G_Man though! I'm working my way through the IMDb Top 250 films (that I've not already seen). Next up will be either Das Boot or Rear Window. Funnily enough The Simpsons has used something from all of these films!

16 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Straight Time 1978,  Dustin Hoffman is excellent cast against type as a newly released con who tries to go straight but finds his parole officer (M Emmet Walsh) is a dick and that society is pretty unforgiving. This forces his decision to go back into crime, teaming up with Harry Dean Stanton  and Gary Busey.

Michael Mann had a hand in the writing and anyone familiar with De Niro's character in Heat can see the inspiration in this, Reservoir Dogs also pays it a wee nod.

Also features a very young Theresa Russell and one of Kathy Bates' first screen appearances.

It's a classic. It's based on the book No Beast So Fierce by Edward Bunker, who played Mr Blue in Reservoir Dogs.

Requiem for a Dream (Ranked 79)

Decided to watch this instead. Quirky directing again. Loved the short sharp clips with regards to the shooting up. The sounds as well. The climax (well last 10/15 minutes) felt like a non-stop scene. Was excellent. The lead character was superb and deserved her Oscar nomination. Thought Leto was great as well. Really enjoyed it.

7/10

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Requiem for a Dream (Ranked 79)

Decided to watch this instead. Quirky directing again. Loved the short sharp clips with regards to the shooting up. The sounds as well. The climax (well last 10/15 minutes) felt like a non-stop scene. Was excellent. The lead character was superb and deserved her Oscar nomination. Thought Leto was great as well. Really enjoyed it.

7/10

Thought it was a solid 8/10

Lion..........9/10
Me and Mrs Boo shed a tear at the end of this tremendous film. Don't know if it was just my stream but the first hour could've done with sub titles. I nearly turned it off.

I can't work out if you're taking the piss or not, regarding the subtitles!

I've got to admit I shed a tear myself, amazing story.

For films with subs, i download them beforehand and stick them on a flash drive. Theres two usb slots on my android box so stick it in one of them and when the films starts, theres an option for subs in the bottom left corner. Not sure how it would work on a firestick tho..