What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

3 hours ago, wellinwigan said:

Imperium

Harry potter joins the kkk .Unbelievable bit of miscasting in this dull thriller about fbi agent going undercover joining white supremacist organization 

2/10

Watched this the other day. I feel sorry for Daniel Radcliffe, I just can't take him seriously. I thought the film had some decent ideas but it was totally rushed and full of holes. It probably would have made a pretty gripping six part mini-series if it was done properly (but you could say the same about so many different films). 

Just watched Hacksaw Ridge. Old fashioned war film where local hick keeps his principles against the odds and performs heroically. Combat scenes were gory beyond belief. It's worth googling the real events after watching it, a particular bit of bravery towards the end was left out because Gibson thought the audience wouldn't believe it. 7/10.

Spoiler

Here's the man it was based on in "This is your Life!", worth it for the adverts alone.

Watched this the other day. I feel sorry for Daniel Radcliffe, I just can't take him seriously. I thought the film had some decent ideas but it was totally rushed and full of holes. It probably would have made a pretty gripping six part mini-series if it was done properly (but you could say the same about so many different films). 

I thought he was good in The Woman in Black but he's certainly never going to shake his Harry Potter persona. There is a decent actor in there though. Unlike Emma Watson: she's just dreadful. Still fizzing she's been cast as Belle!

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Are you going through a list of films to watch ? If yes what list is it from ?

Not sure what you mean mate? In relation to the Harry Potter comment? Nah, just meant finally nearly finished getting through the Potter flicks

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

The amount of different films you watch is incredible and they are so different compared to many who usually watch the same sort of films. Just presumed you were going through a list of some sort

Ah right, nah just have lots of different genre interest I guess. I watch a lot of docos, go to see lots of independent stuff, have a cineworld card for the "mainstream" stuff and then Sky/Netflix/Amazon etc for whatever takes my fancy in between times (mostly filling in blanks from the past that I didn't bother with at the time, like the Potter stuff for example)

Get Out 8/10

There's an awful lot to admire and enjoy about this. First up, the performance by Daniel Kaluuya is really first rate and Jordan Peele writes and directs like he's been doing this his whole life. The premise is fresh and interesting; black guy, Chris, going to visit white girlfriend's parents in the country but she hasn't told them he's black, what could possibly go wrong? Well, at the start, it seems like nothing as the parents fall over themselves to make Chris welcome and it's to the movie's credit that you get the sense that the thicker they lay it all on, it all becomes a bit too perfect. For the first half, it's genuinely unnerving as we're drip-fed little signs that not everything is quite as it seems. Chris's unease at the garden party populated by the parents' friends, every textbook damp liberal you could imagine, and where the movie briefly becomes a social farce -- like an episode of Frasier with a black guy in it -- was tremendous and there's jumps galore in one section that put me on the edge of my seat for the remainder of the film. Other light relief is provided by Chris's pal who works for the TSA, back in the city, dog-sitting. So it's all going great as we build to the big reveal, which turns out not be a huge surprise, and then for me it lost its way a little bit and started to rely on the TSA guy shenanigans a bit too much. I dunno, it's one of those horror / comedies that might have been better being more one thing than the other. It was too funny, which sounds weird. The last half hour would've been totally by the numbers had it been a petite, white girl as the last person standing so it was interesting to gauge my own reaction to it being a strong, black guy fighting for survival. Anyway, cracking film, just wish it had turned down the comedy a smidge in the second half. Special mention to the score ... perfect.

7 hours ago, Christophe said:

(49-50)

Timecrimes 7/10

Really good Spanish sci-fi/time loop shiz

Was turned on to this after watching Triangle with Melissa George. Agree that this was a superior piece of hokum.

23 hours ago, Christophe said:

(49-50)

Timecrimes 7/10

Really good Spanish sci-fi/time loop shiz

Europa Report 6/10

Another decent sci-fi/space one

Just found Europa Report, no luck with Timecrimes on Amazon or Netflix. Is it only on Sky? 

18 hours ago, MSU said:

Was turned on to this after watching Triangle with Melissa George. Agree that this was a superior piece of hokum.

Ha! I literally wrote out "see this if you enjoyed Triangle" then changed it as i wasn't sure if that was that well remembered!

Currently watching The Greatest Game Ever Played. Its easy to forget how good an actor Shia LaBeouf once looked like becoming

David Brent: Life on the Road 3/10

Feel like I deserve a medal sitting through that. Some of the songs were kind of funny but it was so forced and then the turn around at the end where everyone realizes he isn't so bad after all was just inexplicable. Way to ruin the legacy of a character from a near perfect show. Stick to calling big game hunters c***s from now on, Ricky.