What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Never been a massive fan of "modern" westerns, with a few exceptions. 3:10 to Yuma was excellent, one of my favourite films of the past year. Went to see this on Friday night with my mates.

What a load of over-indulgent tosh. About an hour too long - there are scenes in which minimal dialogue is used and you're literally sitting there waiting on something happening. A few good flashes, Brad Pitt's acting is as reliable as always and the scene early on where they rob the train is excellent - but mostly rubbish.

And whoever thought of giving Casey Affleck's character a squeaky voice was an idiot. That voice, coupled with the strong Southern accent, meant there were times where neither me nor my chums had a clue what he was saying at all.

3/10, only two or three good points about the whole film.

Paycheck

It's pretty bad. Hilariously at times. Watch his first confrontation with the FBI and try to keep a straight face. Some of the stuff with the different objects was cool, but they clearly never paid enough attention to it. Poor movie.

3/10

Midnight Cowboy

Felt duty-bound to watch it, given its critical acclaim.

It was probably very impressive in 1969, and I think that, at that time, it was a film that needed to be made. But despite Hoffman's (and to a lesser extent Voight's) brilliant performances, it's aged horribly, I think, and was somewhat flimsy to begin with.

If you've read Of Mice and Men, have seen any films wrestling with homoerotica and/or complex male relationships, and have a passing knowledge of the seedy side of 60s Manhattan, then don't watch Midnight Cowboy, as you already know it all.

4/10 in 2007, 8/10 in 1969.

No Country for Old Men - 7/10

Enjoyable and well made. One of the best "baddies" I've seen in a movie in ages too.

This will be the first film that I go to the cinema to see in around a year, and I'm greatly looking forward to it.

Never been a massive fan of "modern" westerns, with a few exceptions. 3:10 to Yuma was excellent, one of my favourite films of the past year. Went to see this on Friday night with my mates.

What a load of over-indulgent tosh. About an hour too long - there are scenes in which minimal dialogue is used and you're literally sitting there waiting on something happening. A few good flashes, Brad Pitt's acting is as reliable as always and the scene early on where they rob the train is excellent - but mostly rubbish.

And whoever thought of giving Casey Affleck's character a squeaky voice was an idiot. That voice, coupled with the strong Southern accent, meant there were times where neither me nor my chums had a clue what he was saying at all.

I have never disagreed with any post in this thread as much as I do with yours, Gaz! :P:lol:

I thought it was a masterpiece, a genuine masterpiece. I think Casey Affleck is brilliant, as is the extremely under-rated Brad Pitt (suffers from David Beckham syndrome I think). Both characters age before your eyes, and their slip into depression - I really look at Jesse James's death as euthanasia - was really moving for me. I didn't have a problem with any of the accents, either. I think the cinematography is unusual certainly, but I found that quite effective. I don't think there is a minute of wasted screen action, and the cameo from Nick Cave was the icing of the cake.

10/10 - no qualms about it at all. I'm so glad film-making can still reach this height.

Paycheck

It's pretty bad. Hilariously at times. Watch his first confrontation with the FBI and try to keep a straight face. Some of the stuff with the different objects was cool, but they clearly never paid enough attention to it. Poor movie.

3/10

Wierd. I loved it. I think you didn't pay it enough attention. :D

No, I paid attention. There was nothing I didn't get. It was just not very good.

The Wicker Man was on after it, but I was too tired after Paycheck and almost lost the will to live.

My big brother is downloading Running Scared now. I feel like doing just that.

The Shooter - Enjoyable enough without hitting any particularly high heights, decent enough story but alot of missing plot lines 6/10

Rise of the Foot Soldier - Some Southerners trying to be in the God father, watchable enough but main character is one ugly mofo and he kind of retreats out of the lime light as the film wears on. Still worth a watch for those 'he's been in Eastenders' moments 5/10

Die Hard 4.0 - Great action movie, my fav Die HArd since original, some excellent scenes and all the more spectacular on the Blu Ray - 7.5/10

No, I paid attention. There was nothing I didn't get. It was just not very good.

The Wicker Man was on after it, but I was too tired after Paycheck and almost lost the will to live.

My big brother is downloading Running Scared now. I feel like doing just that.

I watched that until Britt Eckland got naked, then went to bed. :D

i thought it was a pile of horse shite but the burd i was with liked it - burds know nothing though.

I watched that until Britt Eckland got naked, then went to bed. :D

If it's the scene where Ed Woodward is on one side of the wall and Brit is dancing naked on the other, wiggling her fine arse about, it was a body double. Sorry to burst your bubble if you thought it was her.