What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I apologise :(

I fully intend to make ammends by watching Apocalypse Now whenever it is next on. Film 4 mentioned it'll be on at some point I think...

A Bucket of Blood (1959)

Made by Roger Corman (director of Little Shop of Horrors) a year before the Jack Nicholson flower-shop horror, using pretty much the same cast and set.

It's a very dark black and white comedy in which nerdy bus boy Walter Paisley wants to be an artist and kills people to encase them in clay.

Surprisingly watchable.

6/10

Indiana Jones and The Curse Of Lucas - 6/10

Good to see Ford making a good fist of his character but the story line and a lot of the script (and some of the acting) really relegate this into 4th place in the series.

Disappointed :(

Brick - 7/10

Fast paced murder mystery, arty sort of film. Pretty enjoyable and never boring. Really like Joseph Gordon-Levitt in anything i've seen him in and this film's no different.

Trees Lounge - 7/10

Steve Buscemi's directorial debut is basically a character study of the regulars who hang out at Trees Lounge bar. Buscemi's character is likeable if a bit "shady" and the ending is in sync with the rest of the film. Would recommend seeing it.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

Utter garbage, save for the acting by Ford.

LeBoeuf becoming the monkey king, aliens, Neil Flynn in a serious role, Ray Winstone as the least intelligent spy in history.

Aside from the chase scenes this was really, really bad.

Worst of the four by a long, LONG way.

Don't let Lucas and Spielberg ruin any more old film series!!!

4/10

American Psycho 2

Umm ... not quite. Dire movie. Liked Mila Kunis though. She certainly did her best with the shite material put in front of her. Tedious stuff, not helped by CONSTANT musical interference and laughable scenes.

1/10

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

Utter garbage, save for the acting by Ford.

LeBoeuf becoming the monkey king, aliens, Neil Flynn in a serious role, Ray Winstone as the least intelligent spy in history.

Aside from the chase scenes this was really, really bad.

Worst of the four by a long, LONG way.

Don't let Lucas and Spielberg ruin any more old film series!!!

4/10

Sadly we agree on a movie for once. Not sad that we agree, sad that it was an Indiana Jones movie.

Prom Night (2008)

Brittany Snow does a very good job as the Sydneyesque character in this very good Scream imitation.

Good cameo of Ming Na (Dr Chen in ER) as a doctor!

Very good movie of this kind, probably as it kept the gore to a minimum and spent a good bit of time building up the suspense.

7/10

indiana jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull

This film broke my heart , and I think it also killed a part of the inner child in me. I cant believe after nineteen years that this was all they could come up with . Aliens and CGI monkeys and prairie dogs dont belong in an indiana jones film.

1/10

Edited by mungo

Prom Night (2008)

Brittany Snow does a very good job as the Sydneyesque character in this very good Scream imitation.

Good cameo of Ming Na (Dr Chen in ER) as a doctor!

Very good movie of this kind, probably as it kept the gore to a minimum and spent a good bit of time building up the suspense.

7/10

Is that a remake of the 80s horror with the same name?

Is that a remake of the 80s horror with the same name?

It's called a remake, yes. But I haven't seen the original to tell you if there was any similarity, other than that it takes place on prom night.

Shooter - 9/10

Mark Wahlberg is a ex-special forces sniper who gets framed for trying to kill the president of the United States of America, JFK stylee.

The story is taken from Stephen Hunter's book Point of Impact, which is also good.

Loads of action and chases and a high body count at the end. If twats like me had went to the cinema to see it, instead of buying a pirate copy, then it might have done better at the box office.

Home of the Brave (2006)

War film set in Iraq, although filmed in Morocco starring Samuel L Jackson (as the army doctor) and the talentless Jessica Biel (as the bint).

A couple of decent cameos from 50 Cent and Christina Ricci.

If you want a fairly non-intensive Middle East conflict film then it passes the time quite nicely.

7/10