What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Angels & Demons

Fair enjoyed it. Thought it was better than The Da Vinci Code.

7/10.

I enjoyed the da vinci code, but having watched it last week and having seen angels & demons tonight - the latter transfers much better to movie.

I enjoyed a&d better as a book, as it was far more action packed, whereas the da vinci code made you think more.

The "dodgy" bits of the book are cleaned up nicely, and for a film 2 hrs 23 minutes in length it fairly flys by.

Only negative is the exclusion of Vittoria Vettra gettin her kit off at the hands of the Hassasin :)

9/10

Mamma Mia! ( 2008 )

When the first song was crammed in with a crowbar, I thought to myself "here we go", but thankfully, that didn't happen again. Not the feelgood movie I was expecting. It was just a bit of fun. Sort of cringeworthy watching Brosnan sing though. I didn't think he was too bad initially, but then for his final number he was diabolical. If you like musicals, you'll love it. If you don't ... give it a try anyways.

7/10

Star Trek

Not a sci-fi or Star Trek geek but my interest was piqued after reading Shatner's humorous autobiography. This was thoroughly enjoyable big budget fair. Simon Pegg's accent divided opinion but he was good IMO.

8/10

The Damned United

Vastly different tone to the book. Where was all the 'dirty, f*cking, cheating Leeds' rants and the alcoholism? Probably omitted to placate the Clough family I'd imagine, which is fair enough. You won't get many better football films than this though. Michael Sheen is a good impressionist and Colm Meaney (Star Trek link there) is uncanny as Don 'bloody' Revie. On a pedantic note, I was slightly irritated by some factual errors/things conveniently missed from the film.

8/10

Edited by RayBees

Pineapple Express ( 2008 )

Seth Rogan might be the most hideous actor I have ever seen. He is just rank rotten here. Amusing comedy though. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over though.

6/10

Dante's Peak ( 1997 )

This pretty much has every cliche in the book, but already having seen the movie helped that not to be an issue. The effects when the volcano explodes are terrific and the constant upping of the chaos from the first to last eruption and then even more afterwards is good too. Takes too long to get going, but it's a decent enough disaster movie.

7/10

A Perfect World ( 1993 )

Another excellent Clint Eastwood movie. I'll tell ya one thing. He sure knows how to make 'em. The whole thing is all a bit predictable, but the entire ride manages to be absolutely thrilling. The scenes involving the black family being tied up are thrilling, and probably some of the best stuff I've ever seen in a movie. Fantastic movie.

9/10

A Perfect World ( 1993 )

Another excellent Clint Eastwood movie. I'll tell ya one thing. He sure knows how to make 'em. The whole thing is all a bit predictable, but the entire ride manages to be absolutely thrilling. The scenes involving the black family being tied up are thrilling, and probably some of the best stuff I've ever seen in a movie. Fantastic movie.

9/10

One of the very few films that almost brought me to tears.

Extremely under-rated movie.

Scream 3 7/10

I try not to think about the story too much as it gets ridiculous. Did they actually want us to believe that Angelina was the killer?

Wanted 8/10

Really enjoyed it, good twist at the end and James McAvoy's American accent isn't bad.