What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest Dunc?

Went to see that new Harry Potter film last night.

See at the end, there's that note and he says that it's signed "R... A... B..." That's not "R.A.B", it's Rab. Robbie Coltrane had already had it all done, but he never thought to ask. Stupid b*****d.

Oh, and why does Harry Potter now look like John Lennon?

harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince10.jpg

john-lennon.jpg

Edited by Dunc?

Speed Racer (2008)

A great film from the Wachowski brothers (The Matrix, V for vandetta), starring Susan Sarandon, John Goodman, CHristina Ricci and up and comer Emile Hirsch all of whome put in brilliant performances. Great SFX, but you expect that in a Wachowski film, and only a pretty slow first half hour preventing a higher score.

8/10

The Last King of Scotland - 9/10

Wasn't sure if I was going to like this film, but ended up really enjoying it. Sure that everyone reading this thread probably knows the basic gist of what it's about, but if not it's about a young Scottish doctor who moves over to Uganda in the 1970s and eventually becomes personal doctor to Idi Amin. It's about how he gets to know and become friendly with Amin, turning a blind eye to the atrocities comitted until it's too late for him to get home and his life becomes a nightmare.

The film is apparently "inspired by real people and events", and I'm not sure how much of it is fact and fiction, but it's a powerful film with very strong performances. I'd definitely reccommend it.

The Last King of Scotland - 9/10

Wasn't sure if I was going to like this film, but ended up really enjoying it. Sure that everyone reading this thread probably knows the basic gist of what it's about, but if not it's about a young Scottish doctor who moves over to Uganda in the 1970s and eventually becomes personal doctor to Idi Amin. It's about how he gets to know and become friendly with Amin, turning a blind eye to the atrocities comitted until it's too late for him to get home and his life becomes a nightmare.

The film is apparently "inspired by real people and events", and I'm not sure how much of it is fact and fiction, but it's a powerful film with very strong performances. I'd definitely reccommend it.

It's all fallacy, the doctor didn't exist and it's based on a fictional book. The Amin stuff and the atrocities that he committed in Uganda all all based on reality, but McEvoy and Anderson's characters are creations of someone's imagination.

Agree with your rating though, there was something missing to stop it getting the full ten, but not sure quite what.

It's all fallacy, the doctor didn't exist and it's based on a fictional book. The Amin stuff and the atrocities that he committed in Uganda all all based on reality, but McEvoy and Anderson's characters are creations of someone's imagination.

Agree with your rating though, there was something missing to stop it getting the full ten, but not sure quite what.

That was more or less the impression that I got. I obviously knew that Amin was real, but thought that "Inspired by real people and events" was a very specific way of wording it as opposed to "based on a true story".

Don't suppose that it really matters, right enough. Still enjoyed it more than any film I've seen in a while.

Bruno

Superb movie! Probably wont laugh as much watching it alone at home, but in the cinema it was class. How does he get away with the things he does? Ridiculous.

9/10 - Thats being in the cinema. It may drop down once out on dvd.

Gran Torino 9/10

Clint Eastwood at his very best as a racist war veteran who lives next door to a Hmong family and after the impressionable young son of the family is pressured by a gang to steal Eastwood's 1972 Gran Torino car, they start to bond after Eastwood helps the lad's sister.

But as the lad is pressured more by the gang, headed by his cousin, it draws Eastwood into a gang feud as the fatherly instincts that he failed to utilise on his own two sons are turned to Tao, the lad next door.

It leads to an excellent, yet emotional climax as the clash between Eastwood and the gang comes to a head.

As a Clint Eastwood fan, I absolutely loved this film and I was gripped all the way as the story unfolded and yet again, another Eastwood movie hits the mark.

Shaun of the Dead

The best zombie movie. Funny as f**k :lol:

10/10

Oh dear God!

I worry about the human condition, it was an good comedy, nothing more. To say it's better than the Romero films is just crazy talk! Okay it's better than everything after Dawn, but not Night and Dawn!

the big lebowski 7/10

gotta love a bit of the dude every now and then.

happy feet 6/10

watched it out of boredom more than anything. Wasnt actually that bad, god i'm a sucker for programmes like that. Cant get the kiss version by prince out of my head!

'I think i hear somebody wanting something...ME!'

ahh...damn me and my suggestive sense of humour.

Guest Dunc?
Gran Torino 9/10

Clint Eastwood at his very best as a racist war veteran who lives next door to a Hmong family and after the impressionable young son of the family is pressured by a gang to steal Eastwood's 1972 Gran Torino car, they start to bond after Eastwood helps the lad's sister.

But as the lad is pressured more by the gang, headed by his cousin, it draws Eastwood into a gang feud as the fatherly instincts that he failed to utilise on his own two sons are turned to Tao, the lad next door.

It leads to an excellent, yet emotional climax as the clash between Eastwood and the gang comes to a head.

As a Clint Eastwood fan, I absolutely loved this film and I was gripped all the way as the story unfolded and yet again, another Eastwood movie hits the mark.

Nobody ever gives it 10/10.

You know why?

It's cos he sings at the end. Dreadful!

The Big Lebowski - 7/10

Had heard a lot of good things about this and i was curious to see if it lived up to the hype. I didn't find it that funny, but i thought the "story" was great.

John Goodman's character was brilliant.

Shut the f**k up Donny!