What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Robocop ( 1987 )

Probably one of the most violent and gore filled mainstream movies you'll ever see. Thankfully, unlike shit like Eden Road and Hostel, this is actually part of a great movie, a great story and actually a bonafide classic. I have no problems giving this full marks.

10/10

W.

Oliver Stone's film about the life of everyone's favourite nepotistic retard. I really rather enjoyed it, although I felt more could have been said about W's neuroses and general life before the conversion to Sky Fairie-ism. Bonus point to Stone for getting all the best Bush-ism's in even if they were in the wrong setting or context. :D

8/10

Cool Hand Luke - 8/10

A great film and one of the best characters played brilliantly by Paul Newman. The scene were he's just learned his mother's died and starts singing the song on his bunk had me welling up.

Definitely recommend it.

had a bit of a dvd sesh on sunday

black sheep 4/10

absolute shitter of a story, but it did generate a few laughs at times just due to it's pedantry, so i am solely basing the mark of that and the fit lass that was in it.

in bruges 9/10

i thought it actually a really good film, alot better than what i was expecting of it anyway. Colin Farrell's character was pretty hilarious at times. 'look, they re filmin midgets!'

30 days of night 8/10

pretty decent watch. Good story, and i thought that sam raimi did a decent job of transferring it over to the big screen.

Inside Man - 8/10

The rating may seem a bit high for what's basically just a heist movie, but I'm trying to rate it based on what it is rather than on the same scale as what could be described as more "intellectual" films. There are times when you just want a piece of light entertainment which isn't too taxing, and I thought that this was a very good example of that kind of film.

Black Hawk Down - 8/10

I'd heard a lot of good things about this film, and think that they were more or less justified. A couple of minor gripes (ie, the characters just seemed to be being too nice to each other all the time) aside, I thought that it was a very good film and probably a more realistic portrayal of the horrors of war than most.

Moon

Almost entirely consisiting of Sam Rockwell on his own (not quite but there's a major spoiler there) on the moon controlling a mining operation. Reminiscent of films like Silent Running. Great performance from Rockwell and quite well made but far too predictable and ultimately just OK. Directed by David Bowie's son.

6/10

Predictable? I've never seen a film like it. The closest I could name would probably be Wall-E - which I think is a genuine masterpiece. I went to see Moon today, and it was one of those great films you can file under "much better than expected". It's really hard to describe the plot without giving away the key but Sam Rockwell is fast becoming my favourite actor. He's brilliant in this - I think he'll get an Oscar nod, and quite rightly. Wonderful soundtrack, and like all the best S.F movies, essentially humanist in its outlook. It's surprisingly tender, and although half the movie is just Rockwell talking to a robot, there's depth and beauty and humour. I was never bored, and would recommend it to any fan of Sam Rockwell. For the second time ever - the first was TAOJJBTCRF - I'm going to pay to see this in the cinema twice. Really impressive.

9/10

Half Nelson

7/10 - quite enjoyable in doses, teacher who's addicted to drugs, strikes a bond with a black student who has her own issues going on. It dragged on a bit in doses, but made up for it with the very good smart ending.

Predictable? I've never seen a film like it. The closest I could name would probably be Wall-E - which I think is a genuine masterpiece. I went to see Moon today, and it was one of those great films you can file under "much better than expected". It's really hard to describe the plot without giving away the key but Sam Rockwell is fast becoming my favourite actor. He's brilliant in this - I think he'll get an Oscar nod, and quite rightly. Wonderful soundtrack, and like all the best S.F movies, essentially humanist in its outlook. It's surprisingly tender, and although half the movie is just Rockwell talking to a robot, there's depth and beauty and humour. I was never bored, and would recommend it to any fan of Sam Rockwell. For the second time ever - the first was TAOJJBTCRF - I'm going to pay to see this in the cinema twice. Really impressive.

9/10

To be fair, everyone I've spoken to about the film doesn't seem to think it was as predictable as I did. I agree that the soundtrack is great.

To be fair, everyone I've spoken to about the film doesn't seem to think it was as predictable as I did. I agree that the soundtrack is great.

Something that just struck me this very second, why on Earth was it rated 15? Seems a bit high, didn't you think?