What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Stayed in on Saturday night so basically went on a bit of a dvd rampage.

Role Models - Thought it was going to be a complete and utter disappointment but it was actually very funny, with an ok plot to boot. 7/10.

Anchorman - Was actually the first time ive watched this in a long long time. Despite having saw it about a dozen previous times I didn't get completely bored with it, and actually appreciated the one-liners and brilliant quotes even more this time. 9/10

Platoon - Needs no explanation. Fantastic cast with a genius director 10/10.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1961)

This is fun, but with so many ludicrous plot holes and such bad science! It almost makes Event Horizon seem plausible! :lol:

A decent way to spend 1.75 hours regardless of ridiculousness.

5/10

Released 13th of February in UK cinemas (12th at Glasgow Film Festival).

Did quite well in the States.

I think I remember, I was supposed to go and see it but ended up not.

While we're on the subject of horror remakes:

Halloween 7.5/10

Most of the marks are for the basic blood & gore. Simple enough storyline.

I watched it on Sky SciFi Horror last night and I'm sure that there were different scenes in. The way he breaks out of the Smith Grove sanctuary or whatever it is is totally different from what I remember, don't know if anyones able to shed some light on this.

Another thing about the films script in general, how does the little fcuker learn how to drive? He's been in that place since he was 10 or whatever age he is!

Halloween 7.5/10

I watched it on Sky SciFi Horror last night and I'm sure that there were different scenes in. The way he breaks out of the Smith Grove sanctuary or whatever it is is totally different from what I remember, don't know if anyones able to shed some light on this.

Another thing about the films script in general, how does the little fcuker learn how to drive? He's been in that place since he was 10 or whatever age he is!

Danielle Harris :wub:

And the living legend Danny Trejo survives for ages in this one, he's normally within half an hour!

Halloween remake was horrifically bad. After The Devil's Rejects, I had some hope for Rob Zombie, but it turns out that it was a fluke.

Some time ago me and SaltyTON disagreed on this one by quite a distance. I'm with you on this. I absolutely love the original and it's a very significant film in my life but this 'reimagining' is a shocker for all the wrong reasons.

I think I remember, I was supposed to go and see it but ended up not.

While we're on the subject of horror remakes:

Halloween 7.5/10

SPOILER: In the work print of the film, an alternate escape scene was used. In it Michael begins his escape from the institution by killing 2 young orderlies while they are molesting a catatonic female inmate.

This is the version I saw last night, instead of Michael brutailsing about 7 guards and escaping.

And did you know Danielle Harris was 29 when shooting for the film!

Guest FTOF_PTFC_1
Gran Torino

Very impressive film. I've never seen any Clint Eastwood films from his younger days but might have to look some up. I've seen this and Million Dollar Baby and thought that both were incredible.

I love his duet with Jamie Cullum that's in the soundtrack for that film :)

Man On Wire

Wonderfully produced documentary about a guy who wire-walked between the two towers of the WTC in New York. Genuinely interesting, and surprisingly tense, it has some wonderful footage of a guy hundreds of feet above Manhattan.

Available on the BBC iPlayer now.

7/10 well worth a look

land of the lost with will ferrell and anna friel.

3/10

i liked will ferrell in other movies but i didnt realise this was a kids movie until i sat down.

he isnt trying at all in this. and anna friels english nanny accent is unbearable.

could have been much better.

The Hangover

Better than I thought it would be. Some laugh out loud moments. The shite pop music soundtrack which played about every five minutes was very annoying though.

7/10

probably the most over rated film in the last couple of years anyway

loads of people said it was hilarious and the funniest movie of the year.....i dont think i laughed once during it?

probably the most over rated film in the last couple of years anyway

loads of people said it was hilarious and the funniest movie of the year.....i dont think i laughed once during it?

Funniest film I've seen in quite some time. I barely stopped laughing throughout.