What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Somers Town - 8/10

The latest film from Shane Meadows about a teenager from the midlands who runs away to London and the friendship he strikes up with a young Polish immigrant. Different from Meadows previous films but I found it pretty enjoyable and easy watching.

Edited by JMDP

The Missionary - 7.5/10

Had some great moments. I did feel the storyline could have been better and it could have focussed on his time at the mission in London more as there was comic potential in that. A bit of nudity would have been good aswell. Very pythonesque and very reminicant of Ripping Yarns. The film just was very typical of Michael Palin. I would happily watch this again.

Blackball. Its a 'humorous satire' on the celebrity culture with mild humour, some good casting and a mediocre performance despite trying to be olivier from all concerned, except the farmer from babe, he is quite clearly brilliant and only collecting a mortgage payment from the whole sorry saga.

its watchable tosh and ideal for not thinking/little chuckling too. 5/10

I do wonder who the hand stand ins are since james and paul do actually play some quite good shots despite the obvious comedy elements of their bowls techniques.

edit: the salvation brass band playing rocky is by far my favourite movie moment of the week

Edited by theentomologist

Inglourious Basterds

Just back from seeing it. A lot of good stuff but also Tarantino showing his inability to trim scenes here and there that would give it a more effective and enjoyable running time. As an earlier poster said, the guy playing the Nazi Jew Hunter is superb. The guy playing Hitler didn't do it for me. I think the slow pacing will make it a nightmare to watch in a multiplex which I wasn't in tonight thankfully.

8/10 for the goood bits and 6/10 for the less effective moments so I suppose that makes it

7/10

Déja Vu - 7/10

I've just been watching whatever comes up on my reccomendations on Amazon recently, and seem to be getting a run of fairly daft action movies. This one was an odd one - enjoyable enough, but seemed a bit like it wanted to be "Back to the Future" for the MTV generation. If you can see past the daft plot, it's an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours.

Edit: Speaking of these daft action movies, the next one that I've ordered is called "Shooter", starring Mark Wahlberg. I'd never previously heard of it, but have high hopes of it being up there with the creme de la creme of daft action movies.

Edited by Mak

Guest FTOF_PTFC_1
Déja Vu - 7/10

I've just been watching whatever comes up on my reccomendations on Amazon recently, and seem to be getting a run of fairly daft action movies. This one was an odd one - enjoyable enough, but seemed a bit like it wanted to be "Back to the Future" for the MTV generation. If you can see past the daft plot, it's an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours.

Edit: Speaking of these daft action movies, the next one that I've ordered is called "Shooter", starring Mark Wahlberg. I'd never previously heard of it, but have high hopes of it being up there with the creme de la creme of daft action movies.

Love that film :)

The Perfect Getaway (2009)

Very enjoyable. I kept trying to second guess it but I was always wrong and surprised with the outcome. I didn't expect the ending to be what it was, but there was some bits in the film that were unneccessary (i.e when the couple are discussing who they think the murderers are when they clearly know who it is).

9/10

The Time Traveller's Wife

Utter rubbish. Plot has massive holes in it and the whole concept is ridiculous. Too far fetched. I don't even think the most fickle of women will enjoy it. Apparently the book is much better. Read a review of it in the Sunday paper which says that the screenplay has written out most of what was good about the book.

Also, the guy travels back in time to meet his future wife when she's a child and tell her that he will marry her when she grows up. Surely the fact that he has gone back in time to tell her that is the reason that it happens? And, isn't that grooming? The only thing good about it was the hot dog I got.

Also, I don't think it's that long-bonus! Avoid it unless you are incredibly bored. Actually just avoid it at all costs.

4/10 (Being generous)

The Fast and the Furious.

Liked it, good film, cannae be bothered to describe it as there isnt much of a plot involved and you peeps have probably seen it.

7/10

Then I watched.

2 Fast 2 Furious

Again not much of a plot, but prefered this to the first one as Vin Desiel isnt in it.

7.5/10

Guest FTOF_PTFC_1
the strangers 7.5/10 film about two people being terrorised in the middle of nowhere by weirdos in masks. made mrs pubcarking shit her pants

Saw that at the cinema, was so scared, also laughed like f**k, and then when the DVD came out, I bought it and shat out of watching it in the dark :lol:, always has you looking behind your back

Utter rubbish. Plot has massive holes in it and the whole concept is ridiculous. Too far fetched. I don't even think the most fickle of women will enjoy it. Apparently the book is much better. Read a review of it in the Sunday paper which says that the screenplay has written out most of what was good about the book.

Also, the guy travels back in time to meet his future wife when she's a child and tell her that he will marry her when she grows up. Surely the fact that he has gone back in time to tell her that is the reason that it happens? And, isn't that grooming? The only thing good about it was the hot dog I got.

Also, I don't think it's that long-bonus! Avoid it unless you are incredibly bored. Actually just avoid it at all costs.

4/10 (Being generous)

The book is actually very good.

The Fast and the Furious.

Liked it, good film, cannae be bothered to describe it as there isnt much of a plot involved and you peeps have probably seen it.

7/10

Then I watched.

2 Fast 2 Furious

Again not much of a plot, but prefered this to the first one as Vin Desiel isnt in it.

7.5/10

The Toyko Drift one is a great film you should watch that and ive not seen the new one.

The Last House On The Left 4/10

The best horror of all time, just keep repeating it's only a movie proudly proclaimed the cover leading me to thinking that it was going to be an excellent gorefest, what a disappointment, don't think I'll bother with the remake now.

So the one I saw will have been a remake. You are right not to watch it. Pile of crap. Woeful storyline. Dog dirt acting. 2/10 cause you get to see a pair of tits (not the two main characters).

Also watched Troy - 7/10

Football Factory - 7/10. I like Billy Bright.

Balls of Fury (2007)

Really funny comedy, with a great cast especially the brilliant Christopher Walken. Maggie Q, Robert Patrick, James Wong (just about every film that needs an old Chinese American guy), Aisha Tyler (Charlie in Friends), Jason Scott Lee (Mowgli) and Patton Oswalt (Spence in King of Queens) all add to a good performance by Dan Fogler.

8/10, good fun.

4/10 (Being generous)

I wanted to go & see that but you have put me off it now, the book was great but films never live up to the books usually. :(

Has anyone seen The Ugly Truth? Mind you I don't care if it's rubbish because Gerard Butler is in it! Yippee! drool drool!!!! :D