What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

No.

Well spotted Einstein. It's a love story. The fact that the girl happens to be a vampire is just an addition to that.

That's because it's not really supposed to be. Although I was caught out a bit by the absolutely phenomenal swimming pool scene.

:lol:

What were you expecting ? Transformers ? What WAS there in FX was fine. Nothing wrong with it.

I think YOU'RE on the wind up. Especially considering the two very young leads, I thought the acting was brilliant.

I think that they made an amazing love story between two outcasts. The gradual change in the boy's character is brilliant as the girl has more and more of an influence on him. The swimming pool scene is absolutely spectacular stuff and will stick with me for a while. The fact that something so bloody and brutal can be so touching is just one example of just how amazing the movie is.

If you went into this expecting a bloody gorefest of a vampire movie then it's no wonder that you were disappointed.

You/someone have/has deleted your post at 10.21 on the 20th, so I don't know which film you are talking about.

Which one is it?

What were you expecting ? Transformers ? What WAS there in FX was fine. Nothing wrong with it.

I think YOU'RE on the wind up. Especially considering the two very young leads, I thought the acting was brilliant.

I think that they made an amazing love story between two outcasts. The gradual change in the boy's character is brilliant as the girl has more and more of an influence on him. The swimming pool scene is absolutely spectacular stuff and will stick with me for a while. The fact that something so bloody and brutal can be so touching is just one example of just how amazing the movie is.

If you went into this expecting a bloody gorefest of a vampire movie then it's no wonder that you were disappointed.

no its advertised as the scariest horror of the year and is not scary or a horror.if i wanted a love story i'd watch romeo and juliet.

Advertisers just say something that they think will sell.

yeah so if you go to see what they promote as a horror you may leave feeling short changed because its actually not.the fact they have to do this only serves to highlight its weakness.

yeah so if you go to see what they promote as a horror you may leave feeling short changed because its actually not.the fact they have to do this only serves to highlight its weakness.

T'is a shame that the advertisers felt the need to advertise it as a horror. It makes sense seeing as it's easier to sell a vampire horror movie than it is to sell a vampire love story, but still, t'is a shame.

Goodfellas ( 1990 )

A movie so fundamentally flawed, I can't quite understand why people love it so much. The biggest flaw is the lack of sympathetic characters. That's what seperates this from other great gangster movies. The guys in this movie are all just grade A c***s and that's pretty much the end of it. It just feels all tacked together. It's done in such a way that the two hours just fly past, but also in a way that makes it even harder to care about what's going on.

There's lots of good here though. The plot is good and kept interesting by some terrific performances. There's some amazing scenes and some terrific work behind the camera from Scorsese. I can't even consider putting this in one of the top two marks though, because of what I said in that top paragraph. Still a really good movie though.

8/10

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 9/10

If you're the type of movie goer who gets uptight hearing countless F Bombs and explicit sexual discussion, then I suggest you avoid seeing this movie. However there is a lot more to this than the occasional F word (ok the 248 uses of the F word) as there is a lot of in jokes and nods to other movies directed by Kevin Smith.

From the performances of the main characters, to the small roles given to Matt Damon and Ben Affleck there is not a bad or sub below performance.....heck even Will Ferrell is good in this movie, and I normally have a huge dislike for him.

Goodfellas ( 1990 )

A movie so fundamentally flawed, I can't quite understand why people love it so much. The biggest flaw is the lack of sympathetic characters. That's what seperates this from other great gangster movies. The guys in this movie are all just grade A c***s and that's pretty much the end of it. It just feels all tacked together. It's done in such a way that the two hours just fly past, but also in a way that makes it even harder to care about what's going on.

There's lots of good here though. The plot is good and kept interesting by some terrific performances. There's some amazing scenes and some terrific work behind the camera from Scorsese. I can't even consider putting this in one of the top two marks though, because of what I said in that top paragraph. Still a really good movie though.

8/10

first part jeckyll second part hyde

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 9/10

If you're the type of movie goer who gets uptight hearing countless F Bombs and explicit sexual discussion, then I suggest you avoid seeing this movie. However there is a lot more to this than the occasional F word (ok the 248 uses of the F word) as there is a lot of in jokes and nods to other movies directed by Kevin Smith.

From the performances of the main characters, to the small roles given to Matt Damon and Ben Affleck there is not a bad or sub below performance.....heck even Will Ferrell is good in this movie, and I normally have a huge dislike for him.

He's obsessed with doing that and always will be. If he got to take charge of a remake of Alien you can be sure it would be littered with references to past films and characters of his. I really wish he could be prevented from ever making another film.

Atonement - 8/10

Wasnt really fancying it going into the film but really enjoyed it. The end may have spoiled or made the movie fro some people but i enjoyed it. Seems to be the same with all of McEwans popular novels. The Dunkirk one shot was extremely impressive, had to remind myself after a minute that it was still going.