What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I think I may have said this one before, but Brotherhood (taegukgi) 9/10

This is everything that Speilberg wanted Saving Private Ryan to be but failed. There are battle scenes which better SPR, the story is better than SPR and the drama and message is a lot better than SPR. The whole movie just glides along at a good pass, and although subtitles are used the raw emotion is never lost due to some truely great performances.

I also defy anyone to watch this and not get a lump in the throat in the last scenes, one of the few films that I will openly admit to shedding a manly tear during (the other being 'Herbie Goes Bananas' when he goes over the side of the ship....mind I was 6 at the time)

lord of war 6/10

not a bad film to watch, it got a bit slow at times but it ll play a decent part of my ever growing dvd collection

kevin and perry go large 7/10

i first watched this film when i was about 10 and thought it was brilliant. Watching it now the humour isnt all that good now, although i'm disappointed in myself that it still made me laugh a few times. I thought rhys ifans was brilliant in it. muff, wankette!!

Casablanca ( 1942 )

This has not aged that well. Plus I'm not really that into this kind of movie anyways, so it was always going to be a tall order to win me over. The fact that the movie turned out to be not bad with these two things not going for it is actually a testament to the great dialogue and super performances. This is not a bad movie by any stretch and if you're into this kind of movie, it'll probably come across much much better. I just didn't care about it. Thumbs in the middle, leaning slightly up.

6/10

Many folk watched King Kong (The new one)?

I've started watching it THREE times now and fallen asleep on every showing before i've even seen the ape - twice before they even got on the boat and once just after the natives started killing them.

I haven't been horrendously tired before two of the times watching it - is it as much a snorefest as my snoozing suggests? I might have another crack at it tonight.

Under Seige

As predictable a film as you will see(well not quite) but its enjoyable none the less. Tommy Lee Jones plays a good insnane bad guy in this hijack action film. Doesnt have much else to offer i cant help but really like Seagal in this film.

7/10

Spaceballs

Another funny film from Mel Brooks with lots of comical moments, not as good as Blazin Saddles or Young Frankestein but well worth a watch. Rick Moranis plays a really good part in what is a good overall film

7.5/10

Edited by Cowden til i die

The Strangers 4/10

Not a big fan of horror movies and this didn't do anything to change my mindset. I ended up fast forwarding my way through it as there was very little dialogue and it was pretty dull (*cough* scary *cough*).

You can't really judge then can you?

The Strangers 4/10

Not a big fan of horror movies and this didn't do anything to change my mindset. I ended up fast forwarding my way through it as there was very little dialogue and it was pretty dull (*cough* scary *cough*).

Aww too scary for you? No point giving it a mark if you watched most of it(well whatever you didnt fast forward) from under your covers

Seen that not so long ago, pretty awful I thought. Nothing happens for over an hour.

wtf... wolf creeks worth an 8/10 for me at least.

seen let the right one in recently,think thats what it was called, anyway, utter utter -1 / 10 pish

also knowing with nick cage, 8/10 very good, well worth a watch

and devil wears prada, bit of a chick flick but quite funny 7/10

wtf... wolf creeks worth an 8/10 for me at least.

The only good thing about it was the bad guy. Most of it was pretty poor, but he managed to pull it above mediocrity.

seen let the right one in recently,think thats what it was called, anyway, utter utter -1 / 10 pish

Thought this was a 9/10 at least. Still considering changing my iMDB rating for it to a 10/10.

Monster Ark (2008) (TV)

Surprisingly good film about Noah's ark, and his mission to save mankind from the darkness. He protects the Earth by trapping it's creature in a crate, buried below Iraq, until it is freed by an archaeologist who found the final Dead Sea Scroll.

Declan O'Brien who is named to direct the third Wrong Turn film, a frightening idea in itself, puts together a decent religious scifi film.

Plus you get Zeus in there to add the most ideal person ever to play an army major.

7/10 - despite the totally unfair score on IMDb.

The only good thing about it was the bad guy. Most of it was pretty poor, but he managed to pull it above mediocrity.

Thought this was a 9/10 at least. Still considering changing my iMDB rating for it to a 10/10.

are you on the wind up?what was good about it.its not a horror for a start.not even slightly scary.pish story, pish special effects,pish acting,pish start, pish middle and really pish ending.would say its one of the worst films i've ever seen

are you on the wind up?

No.

its not a horror for a start.

Well spotted Einstein. It's a love story. The fact that the girl happens to be a vampire is just an addition to that.

not even slightly scary

That's because it's not really supposed to be. Although I was caught out a bit by the absolutely phenomenal swimming pool scene.

pish story

:lol:

pish special effects

What were you expecting ? Transformers ? What WAS there in FX was fine. Nothing wrong with it.

pish acting

I think YOU'RE on the wind up. Especially considering the two very young leads, I thought the acting was brilliant.

what was good about it.

I think that they made an amazing love story between two outcasts. The gradual change in the boy's character is brilliant as the girl has more and more of an influence on him. The swimming pool scene is absolutely spectacular stuff and will stick with me for a while. The fact that something so bloody and brutal can be so touching is just one example of just how amazing the movie is.

If you went into this expecting a bloody gorefest of a vampire movie then it's no wonder that you were disappointed.