What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

It was funny at points though.

Was a way under-watched movie. I loved it.

Each to there own. Caught it on sky a few weeks back, actually enjoyed it because it was random but would be annoyed if i had payed or planned to watch it.

Went to see Surrogates last night.

A decent enough film, nothing spectacular apart from Bruce Willis's hair (as a surrogate).

Some parts are very Blade Runner-esque, also a fair bit of I, Robot and Minority Report in there.

I'd give it a 6/10.

Just out of interest, has anyone been to the pictures to see the 'digitally remastered' godfather and if so, is it really any different/better? Was considering going to see it anyway just to see it up on the big screen but its a bit of an expense considering Ive got it sitting in the house on dvd...

Just out of interest, has anyone been to the pictures to see the 'digitally remastered' godfather and if so, is it really any different/better? Was considering going to see it anyway just to see it up on the big screen but its a bit of an expense considering Ive got it sitting in the house on dvd...

It's always a great experience seeing a classic on the big screen, unless you choose a shite cinema with people talking through it. A good few years back, a cinema ran all three parts of the Godfather as consecutive late-nighters and it was brilliant watching the first two. I got myself guttered for the third one to numb the pain.

I saw this on monday, it was really good. I mainly went to see it on the big screen tbh.

Unless you managed Hearts, then if anything it's noble.

Yayyyyy, just like racial abuse!

After watching John Tucker must Die I learned so many valuable life lessons and have such a new respect for women that I would never try and use them as objects like that. Gosh mhak you're such a guy.

Poof.

There's bad, and then there's "go on a shooting spree" bad. I'm not sure there was really enough there. The fact that De Niro made it seem as such is a testament to the performance...

What would you consider to be '"go on a shooting spree" bad'?

Edited by Mak

Burn After Reading

After the extremely intense and not at all hilarious No Country For Old Men, the Coen brothers obviously needed to relax and let off steam. So they get the usual bunch of actors they always use - Frances McDormand, et al - and get them to play idiots for 90 minutes. So what you get is a film about a discovered disk and the hilarious consequences that ensue. Several laugh out loud moments - well four - and an enjoyable enough plot. Like much of the Coens' recent output, things get a bit convoluted toward the end as they clearly run out ideas. Bog standard Coens, miles off their best work - Barton Fink/Fargo.

4/10

Duplicity

Clive Owen and Julia Roberts have decent chemistry in the swindling romantic film but very little goes on. It jumped between past and present Tarantino-esc film which made it a tough but reasonable watch. Once the film is at present time it is a pretty obvious storyline and didnt have too many laughs(not even sure if it was supposed to). Not really sure what genre this would fall into.

5.5/10

RocknRolla (2008)

I wouldn't normally like this, as it was aimed at a different generation almost, but the characters were reasonably involving and showed quite a lot of human characterisation which for a film directed by Guy Ritchie.

Looking forward to seeing how he has treated Doyle's classic.

7/10

RocknRolla (2008)

I wouldn't normally like this, as it was aimed at a different generation almost, but the characters were reasonably involving and showed quite a lot of human characterisation which for a film directed by Guy Ritchie.

Looking forward to seeing how he has treated Doyle's classic.

7/10

Nay, Nay and thrice Nay. Utter SHITE.

Guy Ritchies has not come near a good film since Snatch. God help poor Sherlock this will probably be a minger too.