What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Last film I watched was 'Doom' (I know, don't all point and laugh...)

Mrs Carter has a bit of a thing for Vin Diesel and I saw one of those '3 in a box' dvd sets for £3.99. It had Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, and of course Doom.

Now, I'd seen the other two before and they were ok, but nothing special. I had never seen Doom so decided to watch it.

Sorry :(

I should have known better....

edited cos i forgot to score it...

-2/10 - watching someone else play the game through a window from the high rise opposite is more fun.

Edited by randolph carter

Last film I watched was 'Doom' (I know, don't all point and laugh...)

Mrs Carter has a bit of a thing for Vin Diesel and I saw one of those '3 in a box' dvd sets for £3.99. It had Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, and of course Doom.

Now, I'd seen the other two before and they were ok, but nothing special. I had never seen Doom so decided to watch it.

Sorry :(

I should have known better....

edited cos i forgot to score it...

-2/10 - watching someone else play the game through a window from the high rise opposite is more fun.

Erm, Vin Diesel wasn't in Doom in any way, shape or form. Unless he was in his natural form as the creature...

EDIT: The Chronicles of Riddick is the third worst film I have ever seen. It is diabolically bad.

Edited by SaltyTON

Just watched Marley & Me.

It gets you involved, is reasonably well acted (especially Jen Aniston, she plays the hormonal bitch role exceptionally) and really sad at the end, if you've ever had a pet for a long time.

Good wee family flick I reckon

7/10

Last Man Standing ( 1996 )

Not without it's moments of madness. How did Bruce Willis' gun send someone flying 40 yards away ? It's not a bad movie by any stretch though. The decent cast helps with that, although Bruce Willis should steer clear of narrating in his low voice. It's boring as hell.

6/10

The Weather Man (2005)

Terribly boring first half, got a little better towards the end but not great.

When Michael Caine told Cage he had 3-4 months to live I thought 'you lucky b*****d' as he got out of this film quicker.

Cage is so damn wooden, I never know how he gets so much work!

4/10

Managed a rare outing to the pictures last night and went to see District 9

Firstly, I usually enjoy the trailers but on this occasion they were seriously depressing - 2012, Surrogates, Pandorum and Whiteout all with grim visions of the future - I was not holding out much hope for the film!

Anyway....

My god South Africans are annoying. Aside from that, any serious message was lost in the exploding heads. 6/10

I was a busy man yesterday and managed to fit in five films - each more crap then the previous one.

I can't even recall the names of a couple of them. Amongst them however was.....

Cursed A Wes Craven effort about a really crap looking werewolf. I used to think I enjoyed Wes Craven movies but after this effort I looked up what he's actually done and I probably like about 4 out of 30 of his films i've seen. Movie took a while to get going. You didn't even see the wolf for an hour and when you do you wish you hadn't it looks that bad. You don't get to see any of the kills in any detail either. 3/10.

Some childrens fantasy about how the sword got stuck in the stone after the fall of Rome. Poor fight scenes. Poor acting. 2/10

A film about where suddenly women can no longer get pregnant. Some bird eventually does and its a race against time to get her somewhere safe. Characters just come and go in the movie. 3/10

I can't even remember what the others were now. I might have a look tonight and post how I hated them tomorrow for you.

Children Of Men?

That's one of my favourites of all time. Each to their own I suppose.

Yeah that's the one. I've seen it twice now. First time I thought it was average/poor and yesterday I really hated it.

Am I right in thinking the guy with the long hair chasing them is the leader of the firm in Green Street?

Taxi Driver ( 1976 )

Travis Bickle is a superb character, and Robert De Niro plays the part with conviction. It's actually De Niro's performance in this movie which drives it, and if it weren't for him, this one might have fell flat on his face. He completely gripped you and made you believe that what he was seeing was infact scum of the earth, when in all truth, what you see of what Bickle sees isn't so bad as to get the reaction from Bickle that we ended up seeing.

So this is very much the Robert De Niro show. The score I'm going to give will be reasonably high, but I had a few problems with this. Mainly the lack of other characters. They brought them in, but I couldn't really give a shit about any of them, even if they did add to the gradual madness of the Bickle character.

7/10