What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

This is England - 9/10

Love this film and the scene right towards the ends with Combo and Milky, could cut the atmosphere wit a knife.

Yeah man, it's a superb film. There's some brilliant scenes with Combo in it - other than the ending, my favourite scene was when he gives Lol the box he made whilst in prison and she rejects his advances. Superb acting from Stephen Graham.

Whilst browsing through the on-demand films on Sky Player on the 360, stumbled across an old favourite of mine from the early 90s (I think), Demolition Man

One of those great, park-your-brain-at-the-door action movies that Stallone had nailed for a good few years. Snipes is terrific in this too, and a typically ranting performance from Denis Leary thrown in for good measure. The plot's nonsense of course, but that's not important. Great fun. 8/10

Whilst browsing through the on-demand films on Sky Player on the 360, stumbled across an old favourite of mine from the early 90s (I think), Demolition Man

One of those great, park-your-brain-at-the-door action movies that Stallone had nailed for a good few years. Snipes is terrific in this too, and a typically ranting performance from Denis Leary thrown in for good measure. The plot's nonsense of course, but that's not important. Great fun. 8/10

How much do they charge per film on that?

The Final Destination ( 2009 )

I'm gonna go thumbs in the middle here. The plot is crap, but we know it's going to be crap because it's the same as always. So you get your fun from the deaths, and they are, again, pretty imaginative. Also with added gore this time around, which is probably to make up for the shitness of the actual movie, and to a small extent it does. It's not anything I'm going to want to see again, but this is fun and it doesn't last too long, meaning it's all blood from start to finish.

5/10

The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000)

Wiiiillllllllllmmmmmaaaaa!!! This is shite!

Crap cast, crap plot, totally predictable jokes at every opportunity, and Joan fucking Collins!

Had a few wee funny bits, mostly involving telling a guy poisoning dinosaurs to shut up...

3/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Rosemary's Killer 4/10

Slasher movie where the bad guy stalks victims in a dormitory on graduation dance night, if you've seen Prom Night then don't waste your time watching this as it's basically the same movie.

The Number 23

First of all, let me say that I am a big fan of Jim Carey's 'serious' acting a la 'Eternal Sunshine.........' and he puts on another decent performance here.

This starts off decently enough but soon descends into the realms of farce. More plot holes than you can shake a stick at and ends up more like a comedy. Although I was rather drunk by the end so I may be being rather harsh.

5/10

It's a horrifically bad film, you being rather generous.

I stumbled upon 'Wrong Turn 2' on Sky last night, and it was laughably bad. Like a grotesque mixture of Deliverance and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, it was about these horrible people who were 'starring' in a new reality tv show where they had to survive in the Virginian woods, where they encountered all manner of inbred, disgustingly deformed hillbillies (from Auchinleck, presumably). Good for a laugh I suppose, but hopeless nonsense nonetheless.

3/10

I stumbled upon 'Wrong Turn 2' on Sky last night, and it was laughably bad. Like a grotesque mixture of Deliverance and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, it was about these horrible people who were 'starring' in a new reality tv show where they had to survive in the Virginian woods, where they encountered all manner of inbred, disgustingly deformed hillbillies (from Auchinleck, presumably). Good for a laugh I suppose, but hopeless nonsense nonetheless.

3/10

Agree with the rating, utter mince after a fairly entertaining first film with Eliza Dushku.

The people were all totally uninteresting, so quite like actual reality TV, and you just wanted them all to die.