What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Because Spawn really was the lowest of the low.

Yet still has a ridiculous 4.8/10 on IMDb! :lol:

I'd like to see John Leguizamo strapped in to a electric chair awaiting the switch to be flicked... then get told they weren't going to do it for a couple of hours and make him watch that shite before they end his pain.

the version I saw was version 2, the original one I believe.

I saw version 2 aswell, and it really annoyed me although I seem to be one of the few who actually liked the film. A few people I know seen version 1, and most said that they hated the film but the end gave them their only fright of the film.

Forrest Gump ( 1994 )

Another movie which has not aged well. I just can't get past how ludicrous some of the plot is and this thing gets dragged kicking and screaming to being watchable by the amazing Tom Hanks, and also the love story arc with Jenny. All of the history stuff is just awful ( apart from the shrimp guy ) too. I rated this with 7 on iMDB but I really think I've been too kind there on reflection.

4/10

The Forbidden Kingdom (2008)

So ridiculous, and so predictable, but I love when Jackie Chan has a comedy part. He was a drunken kung fu guy trying to help Michael Angarano return the staff to fulfil the propechy and save the Monkey King (played by Jet Li), with the help of a hot orphan girl (Yifei Liu) and a monk (also played by Jet Li).

Totally daft, but it couldn't possibly fail with them all crossing the desert and in need of water when Jet Li says (paraquoted) "If you are immortal then you can make it rain", Chan gets out some paper, starts chanting and writing in Chinese and all of a sudden it starts pouring...

He looks up and Jet Li is on a rock pissing on him. :lol:

6/10

The Big Lebowski ( 1998 )

This movie definately benefits from a repeat viewing though. The Dude just breezing through the whole thing is a joy to behold. There's also John Goodman being an asshole, but such a funny asshole that you tend to look past the flaws. "This is what happens when you f**k a stranger in the ass !" is a superb line.

8/10

Paranormal Activity

Utter pish. Not scary, not believable and all round crap. I was sitting in the cinema bored out of my mind by this dross. The fact theres severasl ending some up this crap. Why do they even try to claim its real? Did the demons act out 3 different ending?

At the end the whole cinema burst into laughter at this heap of shite.

2/10

How many different endings are their? The one i saw ended with her using the guy as an olympic shot-put then sniffing him and the camera. Im not putting this in a spoiler as its gives nothing away and quite frankly im too angry.

Edit: I saw version 1 although it also seemed to end like version 3. They are all shite. Loads of people have said how scary it was, i really dont get it. I was the least scariest 'horror' ive seen. And Mika, cmon what a pish name.

Edited by Cowden til i die

The Big Lebowski ( 1998 )

This movie definately benefits from a repeat viewing though. The Dude just breezing through the whole thing is a joy to behold. There's also John Goodman being an asshole, but such a funny asshole that you tend to look past the flaws. "This is what happens when you f**k a stranger in the ass !" is a superb line.

8/10

One of my all time favourites

With regards to Paranormal Activity, here are the current ratings on this site... an IMDb style average (well not really cos then my votes would count for more as I vote more often, but you get what I mean).

Gaz 9/10

jeffro 8/10

Proud To Be A Diamond 8/10

Mr. Brightside 7/10

Nick_BCFC 7/10

AsdaLoyal - 6/10

Francesc Fabregas - 4/10

heedthebaa - 2.6/10 (I did 9x2 + 1x8 / 10, that's making 15 minutes = a generous 1/5 of the movie)

Cowden til I die - 2/10

Cumbernauld Diamond - 2/10

Enigma - 2/10

Ludo *1 - 2/10

SaltyTON 1/10

Pride of Lanarkshire - 0/10

No specified rating (all negative)

sergie's no1 fan - "I thought it was quite a clever way to make a film.It just wasn't very scary.And the ending was bollocks.

Cant believe the hype surrounding this movie."

heedthebaa - "9/10 for the last 15mins. 1/10 for the rest of the film. Fucking slowest film ive ever watched. Seemingly $15,000 to make, a made up as you go script and shot in the directors hoose. It showed btw"

fly - "I don't see how anyone could have found Paranormal Activity scary. The advertisement of it seemed to suggest that it was going to be jumpy as hell, but there was not one moment in the film that I flinched at, never mind jump out my seat."

All in all that gives an average mark of 4.5/10 = FAIL, good enough for me. :)

EDIT: Missed out Cowden til I die's mark - new average = 4.3/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Thats good enough for me Salty. But where was my rating in the census?

Before i went to see the film i thought it was based on true events or some pish like that?

The opinion really is divided up but i just dont see how anyone could be scared. I sat in the cinema bored, not often i can say that. The trailers also made me think there was going to be a hell of a lot of scary moments. Bloody Yanks!!

Thats good enough for me Salty. But where was my rating in the census?

Before i went to see the film i thought it was based on true events or some pish like that?

The opinion really is divided up but i just dont see how anyone could be scared. I sat in the cinema bored, not often i can say that. The trailers also made me think there was going to be a hell of a lot of scary moments. Bloody Yanks!!

Sorry I must have missed yours, I'll add it in and see how it affects the average.