What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

10/10

Now I should explain that it's getting this mark almost entierly on looks alone. This will henceforth be known as a "Kelly Brook".

Out of interest, what would you give the film based on plot, acting, script, etc, without taking the visuals in to account?

Edited by SaltyTON

Out of interest, what would you give the film based on plot, acting, script, etc, without taking the visuals in to account?

I would say its a solid 7/10, pushing an 8 probably, but it's impossible to take away the fact that your jaw will be hanging open for most of it.

edit: and it's got Sigourney weaver in it, so it gets brownie points for that

Edited by KnightswoodBear

A Christmas Carol 3D - 5/10

Same old story just made different by being in expensive 3D.

Goggles made my nose itch.

Did you know, and I found this astonishing as it's one of my favourite ever stories, that it hasn't been made as a live action feature film (I'm not counting the likes of Scrooged as they deviate too far from the original story) since before the war.

Every version has been cartoon, muppets or made for television.

Did you know, and I found this astonishing as it's one of my favourite ever stories, that it hasn't been made as a live action feature film (I'm not counting the likes of Scrooged as they deviate too far from the original story) since before the war.

Every version has been cartoon, muppets or made for television.

I agree that the story is a piece of literature genius but how many times can it be recreated differently?

I agree that the story is a piece of literature genius but how many times can it be recreated differently?

It can at least be done once cinematically... that would be a start, big name cast, big budget, instead of having Frasier Crane singing songs with Jacob Marley, albeit hilariously!

The Boy In the Striped Pyjamas - 7/10

Anyone who watched this will know what I mean when I say it had a really, relaly big impact on me. Although the only thing that stopped it from getting a higher rating was the fact that Germans are played by people with the most English accent you can imagine, and one of the jewish people with a scottish one then another jewish person with a english one. Made it very confusing at the start and really pissed me off to be honest. If you can see past that, anyone that hasn't seen it will think its fantastic.

Edited by Reference

The Boy In the Striped Pyjamas - 7/10

Anyone who watched this will know what I mean when I say it had a really, relaly big impact on me. Although the only thing that stopped it from getting a higher rating was the fact that Germans are played by people with the most English accent you can imagine, and one of the jewish people with a scottish one then another jewish person with a english one. Made it very confusing at the start and really pissed me off to be honest. If you can see past that, anyone that hasn't seen it will think its fantastic.

'Tis a good film, how misleading were those changing rooms at the end? :ph34r:

Just watched Taken, was a no bad film if a bit on the short side, 7/10

Drag Me To Hell

I quite enjoyed this. If you like Sam Raimi's other horror films, then you'll probably like this. The story is standard enough and it's only a 15 so not as much gore as the first two Evil Dead films, which is pretty dissapointing. If you like horror films and like Sam Raimi then I'd give this a go, if you don't then it's still maybe worth a watch but don't be surprised if you find it a bit of a let down.

6/10

Freezer - 7/10

Japanese film about a lassie who is brutally gang raped and filmed by 4 blokes, she never tells anyone and moves away only for the rapists to track her down 5 years later and she extracts some serious revenge and buys a few big freezers.

Freezer - 7/10

Japanese film about a lassie who is brutally gang raped and filmed by 4 blokes, she never tells anyone and moves away only for the rapists to track her down 5 years later and she extracts some serious revenge and buys a few big freezers.

Kinda like a Day of the Woman (aka I Spit on your Grave) type film, but with freezers, aye?

Edited by SaltyTON

Home Alone 2 ( 1990 )

Basically the exact same movie here, with some little additives. Some of the stuff is cringeworthy to the max, and some of the repetition is annoying, but the good outweighs the bad big time, thanks to some silly but funny gags, and the even more cartoon like climatic setpieces, highlighted by the sensational pipe bit.

7/10

Escape from L.A. (1996)

A good fun spoof of Escape from New York, I would call it a sequel, but it really isn't...

Basically a comedy version of the same film, with comedy cameos from Steve Buscemi and Bruce Campbell, what's not to like?

EfNY got 8/10, so it needs to drop a mark from there, but still a good film.

7/10

Escape from L.A. (1996)

A good fun spoof of Escape from New York, I would call it a sequel, but it really isn't...

Basically a comedy version of the same film, with comedy cameos from Steve Buscemi and Bruce Campbell, what's not to like?

EfNY got 8/10, so it needs to drop a mark from there, but still a good film.

7/10

Don't forget the surfing!!!!

God, why can't I forget the surfing? :(