What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

It's a Wonderful Life 9/10

Saw it at the GFT last night, the first night of a 2 week run and the place was about 75% full. I'd imagine it will easily sell out this weekend and all next week.

It is, even after nearly 65 years, still an astonishing purveyor of the feel-good factor and, although a bit uneven in places, is superbly plotted, written and acted. Everyone should see it at least once in their lives.

I saw this for the first time last year, what a fantastic film.

V for vandetta - 8/10

People shouldnt be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Hmm posted this before and it doesn't seem to have worked...

Lost in Translation (2003)

Quite pointless, watchable but nothing actually happens...

6/10

Edited by SaltyTON

The Excorsist - 3/10

It was on last night. I dont see what the fuss is about tbh, a couple of frights but nothing really scary.

Nothing is scary, especially not on a TV, at the cinema it would be more effective, unless you've led a very sheltered life.

It's one of the best horror movies ever, but if you're not religious then it will be less powerful.

However, you're 13 and are semi-literate.

blade runner 7/10.

i'm sure that during it's generation it was a masterpiece, and it wasnt bad but for the first 40 minutes i was tempted to just cut my losses. Still though, saved itself in the end and it's getting a reasonable mark.

I saw the Directors cut at the Cannon in Dundee and the opening sequence of the flames and the city on the big screen just blew me away.

I like that the film takes time to introduce the characters and build the story.

In my five worst ever films, complete shite and not one laugh.

Nothing is funny, especially not on a TV, at the cinema it would be more effective, unless you've led a very sheltered life.

It's one of the best Guantanamo Bay comedies ever, but if you're not retarded then it will be less powerful.

However, you're 25 and are literate.

10/10

Now I should explain that it's getting this mark almost entierly on looks alone. This will henceforth be known as a "Kelly Brook".

This is the first film I've seen in 3D at the cinema, and I was really impressed. Although I'll hazard a guess that there's never been anything that looks like this before. We're almost getting to the point where it's gone beyond "CGI" because the majority of this was pretty much seamless for me.

The plot isn't really anything particularly new. Big Corporation (BOOOOO) wants to strip a planet of it's resources and the indigenous people get a wee bit upset about it. There's comparisons drawn with 9/11 and Iraq. It's Fern Gully with guns.

But being a James Cameron action film, there's great characters, amazing action scenes and terrible dialogue. And it's fun playing "spot the bits/lines from Aliens".

Most of all it's an amazing looking piece of cinema, and it'll be fun seeing how the pretenders try to keep up after this.

Nothing is funny, especially not on a TV, at the cinema it would be more effective, unless you've led a very sheltered life.

It's one of the best Guantanamo Bay comedies ever, but if you're not retarded then it will be less powerful.

However, you're 25 and are literate.

It's the only GB comedies I know of, so I'll have to give you that one, but yes you would have to be retarded to find it funny.

Comedy, unlike horror, isn't affected by the surround effect of the cinema system.

And yes, I am 25 and literate. However my head hurts, cos I had a fit on Wednesday and knocked myself out. :(