What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Defiance - The story of a Jewish resistance fighter in Belarus , who saved over a thousand lives

in WWII . The lead role is played by Daniel Craig , whose acting ability I very much doubted before

this .

True story and very watchable . A worthy 9/10

Went to the pictures to see it and really enjoyed it.

Im a fan of Daniel Craig, would say 8.5/10

Defiance - The story of a Jewish resistance fighter in Belarus , who saved over a thousand lives

in WWII . The lead role is played by Daniel Craig , whose acting ability I very much doubted before

this .

True story and very watchable . A worthy 9/10

Apparently its not overly accurate.

I found it a bit slow for my liking. 6.5/10.

Once Were Warriors, The 25th Hour, Dead Man's Shoes.

All are quite cheap in there just now and are brilliant.

Cheers for that had a wee look on hmv website and they look pretty good.

What one would you say was the best out of them?

Cheers to Cowden aswell will be buying the prestige.

Ace.

Hangover is a good 7/7.5 out of 10. There is a few lull and predictable bits that are meant to be funny. But over the course there is some really good laughs.

Snakes on a Plane?

The Departed.

I must say i love that film, one of my favourites that ive no seen in a while.

Leon (Director's Cut) - 8/10

Loved it. It's incredible just how ruthless Leon is, particulary when he's trying to protect Matilda. Jean Reno and Natalie Portman are awesome, but for me Gary Oldman steals the show. He's terrifying. Has he ever delivered a shite performance?

Wasn't your typical Hollywood ending either, which i really liked.

Because it had a storyline ?

Yeah because it had a storyline.

Leon (Director's Cut) - 8/10

Loved it. It's incredible just how ruthless Leon is, particulary when he's trying to protect Matilda. Jean Reno and Natalie Portman are awesome, but for me Gary Oldman steals the show. He's terrifying. Has he ever delivered a shite performance?

Wasn't your typical Hollywood ending either, which i really liked.

They had to take out the scenes when he banged her did they not?

Edited by Nick_BCFC

Guest dougalldogg

Traingle 4/10

Really strange movie, was ok to start with then just started getting repetitive and boring, I read a review from someone who had said before it was a "mind f**k" which kind of sums it up really, If you have seen it you will understand.

Jimmy Carr - Telling Jokes 8.5/10

Not so much a movie I guess but a comedy dvd, it is absolutely brilliant, some of the stuff he comes up with is priceless, heard a few of the gags already but his new material was great.

The Magician - 7/10

Australian film about a hitman who has his friend follow his every move with a video-camera, for a film to be shown only after he's dead.

The film itself is quite slow-moving, but the dialogue is funny enough to keep it ticking over without being boring.

It's a Wonderful Life 9/10

Saw it at the GFT last night, the first night of a 2 week run and the place was about 75% full. I'd imagine it will easily sell out this weekend and all next week.

It is, even after nearly 65 years, still an astonishing purveyor of the feel-good factor and, although a bit uneven in places, is superbly plotted, written and acted. Everyone should see it at least once in their lives.

American History X ( 1998 )

A worthy addition to my full marks list right here. This movie basically takes it's 2 hours giving you two characters who are absolute c***s, and make you sympathise with them and put your emotions in them, and it works. There is some extraordinary stuff, with the highlights coming from the flashbacks to what Edward Norton did in the past and what happened in jail, but that's not to say that the stuff with his brother isn't good too. Couldn't give full marks if the little brother's plot was poor. This is must-see.

10/10

Just watched this. What a stunning film. Had me intrigued the whole way through.