What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Don't forget the surfing!!!!

God, why can't I forget the surfing? :(

Part of the reasons why I couldn't call it a sequel, it was a blatant piss take... if it wasn't entertaining you would have thought Paul WS Anderson had directed it!

aw what a legendary man. this is my favourite film of all time. there are so many brilliant bits, but if you ask me there are two that stick out. the bit at the end when leonardo di caprios on the mountain and phones jennifer connelly, and the quote ' sometimes i look around me and wonder if god will forgive us for what weve done to each other, but then i look around me and realise, god left this place a long time ago.' I use that, or bits of that, so often in real life its scary.

I prefer the quote "I like to get kissed before I get fucked"

Brilliant film.

' sometimes i look around me and wonder if god will forgive us for what weve done to each other, but then i look around me and realise, god left this place a long time ago.'

I use that, or bits of that, so often in real life its scary.

When have you used that quote in real life?

Law Abiding Citizen

If you like a good revenge film, make sure you watch this. It's brilliant. Gerrard Butler's American accent is highly unconvincing but apart from that, it's got a good cast and the story is pretty gripping. They d an excellent job of keeping the viewer confused about which character (Fox or Butler) isin the right and who's side you're really on. I won't give too much away here but if orture scenes in films piss you off, you're in for a treat here. It never gets graphic but it leaves you in no doubt how grusome some of the stuff is.

I was watching Lethal Weapon a while a go and some folk were torturing Riggs to get information out of him. They were electrocuting him with a big stick and he didn't tell them anything. That's shite. All you'd need to do is walk in, take a sharpened HB pencil out your pocket and say, "This is a pencil. I'm going to push it slowly up your penis until you tell me what I want to know." Anybody would spill immediately.

So, watch Law Abiding Citizen.

9/10

Does anyone remember a kids film where the wee guy in it could go inside this alien or robot or something and he was really strong and lifted up a Ford Mustang or a Dodge Viper or something?

It was from the mid to late 90's BTW.

I'll try in here too.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

i live in a shit part of town so whenever were slagging it i say that god left this place a long time ago, and whenever one of my mates says or dos anything particularly harsh to someone or we see someting like that i say something along the lines of god forgiving us for what weve done to each other. its beginning to get on folks tits tho. to be fair to you, i did exaggerate a bit, i dont use it so often its scary, but i say something along those lines most days, i would say. like i say though, its beginning to get on folks tits, so i might phase it out.

Fair doos mate, was just wondering. :)

Did you know, and I found this astonishing as it's one of my favourite ever stories, that it hasn't been made as a live action feature film (I'm not counting the likes of Scrooged as they deviate too far from the original story) since before the war.

Every version has been cartoon, muppets or made for television.

What about Scrooge (1951) with Alistair Sims? Most consider it to be the definitive film version of A Christmas Carol.

Unless you mean The Gulf War.

What about Scrooge (1951) with Alistair Sims? Most consider it to be the definitive film version of A Christmas Carol.

Unless you mean The Gulf War.

I wasn't aware that was a direct version, cos of the name.

However, when I said feature film I was really meaning Hollywood cinema release - which obviously that wasn't.

I'll try and get hold of a copy though. :)

I went to see it last night in 3D and have to admit I was kind of blown away by the brilliance of the visual effects.

As other folk have said the plot is a little predictable but was more than made up by what you were watching.

The film I felt was a little drawn out and would highly recommend that you see the 3D version as I feel if it was just in 2D it would not quite be the same and you may get a little bored towards the end although the best fight scene is saved until then.

To answer the question on cost, it does cost extra to see it in 3D, it cost us £10 each at the Odeon Cinema in Dunfermline and you could have paid even more for a 'premier' seat.

Stunning.

My post on another thread about Avatar 3D.

10/10

Edited by monkeyblair

Great film, but so unbelievably cheesy! The 3D glasses were almost completely unnecessary as there was nothing except the odd ember and leaf that came much out of the screen.

Was going along very well until the bloody Indiana Jones 4 esque random animal attack happened, which took it a bit of track...

9/10

The Boy In the Striped Pyjamas - 7/10

Anyone who watched this will know what I mean when I say it had a really, relaly big impact on me. Although the only thing that stopped it from getting a higher rating was the fact that Germans are played by people with the most English accent you can imagine, and one of the jewish people with a scottish one then another jewish person with a english one. Made it very confusing at the start and really pissed me off to be honest. If you can see past that, anyone that hasn't seen it will think its fantastic.

Can agree wholeheartedly with this, but I would give it a wee cheeky 8/10. Really gripped by it, but as you say the only annoyance were the accents.

Paranormal Activity: 4/10

Not scary. Quite boring in all honesty, wouldnt bother if I were you.

Scrooge (1951)

Definitely the truest, and most true to the tale, version of A Christmas Carol ever made.

Truly wonderful, and the late Alastair Sim was magnificent as Ebenezer Scrooge.

Thanks to Half A Person for telling me about this film, and God bless us every one!

Flawless. :)

10/10