What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Sherlock Holmes - 9/10

Guy Ritchie in good movie shocker.

The man could not have possibly made this cracker of a film but he did. Sooooooooooooo much better than this last few efforts (mainly because he had no written input) an absolute romp of a movie with great action throughout. Excellent casting with Downey Jr brilliant as Holmes and Jude Law not too bad as Watson. The CGI of olde London was very good. The only real daft bit was the secret tunnel from the House of Commons to Tower Bridge (about 3 miles apart) that took minutes to reach. Well worth checking out, a very good film indeed.

Dumb & Dumber. Oh how I laughed. I've seen it a few times in the past and there were three moments in the movie that I still couldn't help but laugh out loud at.

"Wanna here the most annoying sound in the world?"

Score - 9/10

Edited by Nick_BCFC

Knowing

Started off with potential and looked as if it could be a decent watch but alas it didn't turn out to be. A rather silly ending just rounded off an overall poor effort. I like Cage though which kept me going.

4/10

Face Off

Bit of a Nic Cage marathon but this was by far the better watch. Lots of flaws as expected but it doesn't really take away from the film as a whole. Not a classic as some suggest but a very entertaining movie.

7/10

Dumb & Dumber. Oh how I laughed. I've seen it a few times in the past and there were three moments in the movie that I still couldn't help but laugh out loud at.

"Wanna here the most annoying sound in the world?"

Score - 9/10

YOU CAN'T TRIPLE STAMP A DOUBLE STAMP! YOU CAN'T TRIPLE STAMP A DOUBLE STAMP! LLOYD! LLOYD!

Inglourious Basterds - 2/10

Tarantino takes a plot you could have written on the back of a postcard and stretched it to a buttock numbing 2 and a half hours.

Pitt's accent is ridiculous, there are plot holes everywhere and the cinema climax laughable.

Rubbish. Inglorious Basterds was a brilliant which re-affirmed the concept of 'fun' or 'enjoyability' that's been ignored in the rush to show conviction in the recent big Hollywood bores. A good story with fantastic performances all round, the soundtrack was spot on as usual, there were smatterings of classic Tarantino dialogue, and great action sequences and production values as well. Not to mention an Oscar winning performance from Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa

You're being harsh on District 9 as well. Excellent special effects, and using an unknown cast was a bold move that paid off. I didn't watch it with any expectations, and it is what it is - an enjoyable sci-fi romp

Edited by Shawfield Stallion

YOU CAN'T TRIPLE STAMP A DOUBLE STAMP! YOU CAN'T TRIPLE STAMP A DOUBLE STAMP! LLOYD! LLOYD!

As well as the most annoying sound in the world quote, the other two I laughed badly at were....

"Mary....I desperately want to make love to a school boy" after he'd run through what he was going to say to her

"FOR GOD'S SAKE! JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN NUMBER!" when his leg was on fire.

Notable mention to "Harry your hands are cold" when being throttled cause he'd not give him his spare pair of gloves.

Rubbish. Inglorious Basterds was a brilliant...
Opinions are like arseholes...
You're being harsh on District 9 as well. Excellent special effects, and using an unknown cast was a bold move that paid off. I didn't watch it with any expectations, and it is what it is - an enjoyable sci-fi romp

I said the special effects were excellent and I had no preconceived idea since I knew very little about the film.

What I did say was that the documentary style at the start of the film could have been trimmed and Wikus's fate was all too predictable.

As well as the most annoying sound in the world quote, the other two I laughed badly at were....

"Mary....I desperately want to make love to a school boy" after he'd run through what he was going to say to her

"FOR GOD'S SAKE! JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN NUMBER!" when his leg was on fire.

Notable mention to "Harry your hands are cold" when being throttled cause he'd not give him his spare pair of gloves.

and

"I have a rapist's wit".

Was on a pretty long flight, so I'll just write what I saw and nothing much about them as I only noted what score I'd give them...

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) - 4/10

WALL·E (2008) - 7/10

Surrogates (2009) - 6/10

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009) - 8/10

Mars Attacks! (1996) - 7/10

The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (1998) (V) - 7/10

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009) - 7/10

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) - 5/10

The Informant! (2009) - 6/10

Inglourious Basterds (2009) - 9/10

Land of the Lost (2009) - 4/10

Angels & Demons (2009) - 8/10

G-Force (2009) - 9/10 *Why this was panned on IMDb I don't know, any kids film with loads of pop culture references for adults is always good - especially "Yippee-kay-ay, coffee maker"!

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) - 4/10

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009) - 3/10

Up (2009) - 9/10

Inglourious Basterds - 2/10

Tarantino takes a plot you could have written on the back of a postcard and stretched it to a buttock numbing 2 and a half hours.

Pitt's accent is ridiculous, there are plot holes everywhere and the cinema climax laughable.

Mmm not just me then, excellent. I watched this on the flight home from LAX, thought it was pretty pish. Had a few good parts but too many pish. I wonder how many Americans now believe that Hitler was killed in a cinema in Paris in 1944!

Similar to Salty here is a list of films watched on the 2 flights (Sydney to LA and return) and also at my bro-in-laws home cinema.

District 9 6/10

The Blues Brothers 9/10

The Hangover 6/10

O' Brother Where Art Thou 8/10

The Brothers Bloom 8/10

Ice Age 3 7/10

The Taking of Pelham 123 8/10

Up 6/10

Inglourious Basterds 4/10

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 5/10

Notting Hill 1/10

Watched this last night simply because the wife had never seen it and decided it was time that she did. What a complete and utter pile of shite. I'd been told by my mate that it was ok for achick flick but how wrong can he be?

Hugh fucking Grant always acts as Hugh fuckingn Grant. Drippy, shy English twat persona just makes you want to kick 7 shades of shite out of him. The script was vomit inducing and the plot was written by a 12 year old girl. utter utter bollocks. I only gave it one because of Rhys Ifans (sp?) I've had more enjoyable root canal work than this shit.

And the wife hated it as well.

Gran Torino 6/10

Clint eastwood always acts as Clint Eastwood but that's a good thing in this movie. The movie was a bit simplistic in it's portayla of a racist converting to a nice guy by gettign to know the people he rejects out of hand to begin with but you can forgive the schmaltz that you know you're goign to get in a hollowood (sic) movie. The script made me cring in bits "You know, you're alright" he sayd to the Hmong girl after he saves her from some black hoodlums. Oh dear. Still, I've seen worse movies.

Zombieland - 8/10

Just a really fun film from start to finish. Harrelson and the Michael Cera-alike play off each other well, and the cameo is just immense.

I think i fancy Emma Stone too.

Unknown - 6/10

Movie about five guys (2 of whom are tied up) who wake up in a warehouse with no memory of who they are or what has happened to them. They spend the rest of the film accusing each other of being "in on it", and trying to work out how to get out of it.

Decent enough idea, with plenty of twists, but could have been much better.

Mission Impossible 3 - 7/10

Certainly action packed, but i couldn't really care less about what happened to the characters in it. Philip Seymour Hoffman is great in it though. The scene where he's describing to Cruise what he's going to do to his wife is great. Just so sinister.

Watched Inglorious after reading a few reviews on here. I found it neither good nor poor. I do agree with whoever said Pitt sounds like a bell end. 6/10.

I also watched a movie where Lindsay Lohan is attacked and when she wakes up she has turned into another girl (a stripper). Unfortunately she only has one leg and one arm for most of the movie. 1/10.

Glengarry Glen Ross - 8/10

Other than the slightly underdone 'conflict' between Moss and Aaronow this was a film perfectly dealing with betrayal, desperation, machismo, generation gaps, and even to a small extent class, among other themes. I'd need to watch it again to fully appreciate it, I think, but on the first viewing Pacino in particular was magistral. Brilliantly scripted and casted.

Glengarry Glen Ross - 8/10

Other than the slightly underdone 'conflict' between Moss and Aaronow this was a film perfectly dealing with betrayal, desperation, machismo, generation gaps, and even to a small extent class, among other themes. I'd need to watch it again to fully appreciate it, I think, but on the first viewing Pacino in particular was magistral. Brilliantly scripted and casted.

One of my favourites. Jack Lemmon's character is heartbreaking to watch.

And it also gave us Gill in the Simpsons