What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Has anyone watched Willem Dafoe in AntiChrist?

this movie is off the scale on the WTF? factor!!!

very strange movie indeed! My mate downloaded it and laughed as he handed me a copy and said "you will watch this only once" He was right! Bizarre movie with full penatrative sex and genital mutilation scenes. what the whole point of the movie was I couldn't fathom from behind hands in front of eyes for long parts of the movie.

Can't see the americans voting this for any oscars mind you!

:blink:

Watched "Sin Nombre" last night. It's a Movie about the Mia salvatrucha (MS 13) a gang founded in El Salvador that has infiltrated most countries round the world.

It is in Spanish and has english subtitles, A great watch none the less.

The character "the Magician" with his full facial tattoos is one seriously scary mofo!

8/10

Edited by Tim Malloy

Training Day (2001) - 8/10

Good film. Violence and Denzel. 8)

Probably one of my favourite ever films. I think Denzel (deservedly) got an Oscar for it?

"King Kong ain't got shit on me!"

Cloverfield

I liked the way this film was shot. It didnt expain too much it just let the camera roll. Im glad they didnt spoon feed the viewer with all of the facts. However, i didnt like the storyline. Too many coincidences, as you would expect, but the actual main feature was far too far fetched and quite frankly silly. No remorse shown by the main character at the loss of a sibling and his ex girlfriend manages to sprint having been impaled by a metal pole for 4 hours. Aye ok.

Ive got to get me one of the camera's they used. 8+ hours of filming, use of the light, dropped and smashed yet it was still intact untill the end.

Rating: 36%

Behind Enemy Lines

Owen Wilson should stick to films like this, not your usual pish like You Me and Dupree. A classic film. I think back and really not a lot happens but i still enjoyed it from start to finish. Even though i had seen it before i was still tenterhooks throughout. Very enjoyable.

Rating: 81%

Ive got to get me one of the camera's they used. 8+ hours of filming, use of the light, dropped and smashed yet it was still intact untill the end.

The entire film was a continuous playback of what was on the camera. Dunno where you're getting 8 hours from. huh.gif

The entire film was a continuous playback of what was on the camera. Dunno where you're getting 8 hours from. huh.gif

I thought the same thing as you! However right at the end the main character says something along the lines of, im paraphrasing here, "Around 7 hours ago New York City was attacked by..."

Where did he get this 7 hours from then? I added an hour for the party before said incident.

I thought the same thing as you! However right at the end the main character says something along the lines of, im paraphrasing here, "Around 7 hours ago New York City was attacked by..."

Where did he get this 7 hours from then? I added an hour for the party before said incident.

Oh dear god....

The Hurt Locker ( 2008 )

Great stuff here. You can see why it was so well liked. For a start, they set the ball rolling in such unpredictable manner that you can't shake the feeling of not knowing what's going to happen, and who it's going to happen to. They also don't signpost anything that's going on in the story either. You're basically going through the things that happen to the characters, as they happen, which takes you right into the action, as if Kathryn Bigelow hadn't already done a good enough job of doing that.

9/10

I thought it was very well done too.

I wouldnt disagree with giving it a 9/10

Have i glaringly missed something?

Yeah. As Stewarty said, the entire film was a continuous playback of what was on the camera. The camera wasn't rolling for 8 hours. It was switched on and off and the movie is what happened only when the camera was recording.

If it's a camera that has the capabilities of showing you what happened when it wasn't switched on the I've gotta get me one of those ;)

Think Blair Witch.

Yeah. As Stewarty said, the entire film was a continuous playback of what was on the camera. The camera wasn't rolling for 8 hours. It was switched on and off and the movie is what happened only when the camera was recording.

If it's a camera that has the capabilities of showing you what happened when it wasn't switched on the I've gotta get me one of those ;)

To be fair im not really disagreeing with you. This was my perceptions of the film too. I just want to know where the other 6 hours came from, between the initial explosion and the very end.

I dont remember saying the camera would record when it was turned off.