What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Midnight Meat Train

Words cannot describe how shit this movie was, tbh I didnt expect a lot from it but it delivered even less, has Vinnie Jones in it as one of the main characters and he says 1 word in the whole movie in nearly the last scene :lol: although him not speaking does become part of the storyline. I wouldnt suggest anyone watch this movie as its just a gore movie with a shit plot that just spirals out of control almost as if they just got bored of writing and just thought "f**k it lets chuck some strange creatures in there somewhere and thats us done".

1/10

Case 39 - 4/10

Pretty ludicrous film about a wee lassie who persuades social worker Renee Zellweger to adopt her after her parents try to kill her. Turns out the wee lassie is basically the devil and Renee has to find some way (ie; kill her) to stop her.

There's some really laughable bits including a scene with giant flies that has to be seen to be believed. The biggest scare, other than Renee Zellweger's terrifying face, is

the bit she is chased from her bedroom to the street by a burnt madwoman

. That shit me up good.

I've not seen Orphan, but apparently it's a similar idea, but much better.

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Okay I'm still not loving the whole 3D thing, it just makes the whole experience uncomfortable!

Any film with Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman in it can't fail, and this was never going to. Pretty much covered all the kids aspects of the Lewis Carroll classics, without touching on the fairly macabre in much detail which was probably for the best in a children's film.

Good fun, despite Barbara bloody Windsor and Matt Lucas being in it...

8/10

Road Trip 69%

Reasonably enjoyable teen movie that i used to watch alot when i was younger. Hadnt seen it in a while but i still enjoyed it quite alot. I would have gave it a higher mark but i simply cannot stand tom green in movies.

Hard to believe this movie is 9 years old now, god i'm getting old...

Edited by the jambo-rocker

The Midnight Meat Train

Words cannot describe how shit this movie was, tbh I didnt expect a lot from it but it delivered even less, has Vinnie Jones in it as one of the main characters and he says 1 word in the whole movie in nearly the last scene :lol: although him not speaking does become part of the storyline. I wouldnt suggest anyone watch this movie as its just a gore movie with a shit plot that just spirals out of control almost as if they just got bored of writing and just thought "f**k it lets chuck some strange creatures in there somewhere and thats us done".

1/10

The Clive Barker short story it's based on it's actually really creepy. Until it gets stupid at the end.

Crazy Heart

Jeff Bridges is a fine actor and I like the good quality stuff in Country music genre but I was still worried it would be a pile of shite. Turns out it's a good, not great film and Jeff Bridges is excellent in it but why it demanded an Oscar is a bit of a mystery. Songs aren't too bad either.

Maybe a 7/10

From Paris With Love

Apart from the obvious"twist" which I actually never got, this is a leave your brains at the door enjoyable action romp, with Travolta excelling as a crazy unstoppable special agent. There's nothing that can touch him in this film, as he just stacks up the bodies one by one with out even a nosehair singe.

As I said, very enjoyable if you dont think about anything remotely involving a plot!!!!

8/10

I watched Aliens on Sunday, it is truly magnificent. 10/10

Went to see Alice last week, first time I've seen a 3D film which was interesting. It was pretty decent, visually pretty stunning, Helena Bonham Carter was funny in it and Johnny Depp also excellent. 7/10

the blind spot 9/10

was brilliant film and really intresting. sandra bullock deserved oscar

toy story 10/10

best animated film. cant wait for 3rd 1 in summer

law abiding citizen 7/10

good film but very far-fetched

The Unborn - Another crap purchase from me. A spirit is after posessing some hot bird who wanders about in her panties a lot. I think there was a line in where an old woman was trying to explain why the demon was after the girl and she said "Don't try to understand it" which is probably the best thing to do with this movie. 3/10.

The Unborn - Another crap purchase from me. A spirit is after posessing some hot bird who wanders about in her panties a lot. I think there was a line in where an old woman was trying to explain why the demon was after the girl and she said "Don't try to understand it" which is probably the best thing to do with this movie. 3/10.

The hot bird is the delectable Odette Yustman. She was also in Cloverfield.

xOdette_Yustman-03.jpg

Anyone seen Shutter Island yet??

The trailers look good and am thinking on going to see it on Friday night.

A couple of people I know have seen it and they thought it was very good. My guess is at worst it will be reasonable so it's probably worth checking out.

A couple of people I know have seen it and they thought it was very good. My guess is at worst it will be reasonable so it's probably worth checking out.

Cheers for that, tickets bought for Friday, will report back in due course!!

Shutter Island (2009/2010) - 8/10

Tense, intriguing, mysterious, quite good.

If you wanted to be pedantic about it, which I always do, it would be 2008/2010. :P

Made in Spring 2008, and premièred (in Germany) February 2010.