What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Coach Carter - 7/10. It is a decent movie but it is too predictable.

District 13 - 9/10. The action sences are just awsome. It is wonderfully choreographed. The parkour sence are outstanding aswell.

Edited by Livi-Ulster

The Karate Kid (2010)

Went on Sunday night to see the previews and it was breathtaking!! Jaden Smith was tremendous in it - he really has the potential to be a better actor than his father Will. Jackie Chan was superb as Mr Han.

Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) is a 12-year-old living in Detroit when his widowed mother gets a job in China. Once in China, Dre misses home and wants to go back to the US. His mother tells him that China is home now, and he must learn to accept his new home. Dre begins to like China when he falls for his classmate Mei Ying (Wenwen Han). Dre's feelings for Mei Ying are seen by Cheng (Zhenwei Wang) the class bully who is out to stop it. Cheng puts Dre to the ground with ease using his Kung Fu training. Dre doesn't have a chance using the little karate that he knows, and Cheng proves it the next time he sees Dre. Dre is getting beaten badly when Mr. Han (Jackie Chan) the maintenance man, secretly a Kung Fu Master, stops the fight. Dre and Mr Han visit the school of Kung Fu Cheng attends to confront his master and tell of his attack. The master then gives Mr Han an ultimatum as they leave - one of you fight, the boy (against Cheng) or you (against Cheng's master). Mr Han then proposes Dre competes at a Kung Fu championships on the condition the Kung Fu students leave Dre whilst he trains, which the master accepts. Now Mr Han, who originally refused to teach Dre Kung Fu, is doing so.

The scenes of Mr Han training Dre are heartwarming yet funny at times.

However, as soon as the proposal of the competition is accepted you know exactly what is going to happen.

Also, both actors done their own stunts and Jaden went through a vigorous Kung Fu course in order to do the film without a stunt double.

I'd give The Karate Kid (2010) a rating of 8 out of 10. It would have easily got a 9 or higher had

the film not been so predictable in the ending and the way it happened

Edited by Pol

Blue velvet, was on the telly the other night, the scene with Dennis Hopper and Isabella Rossellini in the flat is still the most disturbing piece of film ever made, and I've seen some dodgy shit.

If you've never seen it I strongly recommend you get hold of a copy asap, you will not be dissapointed.

9.5/10 (nothing will ever get a 10)

Blue velvet, was on the telly the other night, the scene with Dennis Hopper and Isabella Rossellini in the flat is still the most disturbing piece of film ever made, and I've seen some dodgy shit.

If you've never seen it I strongly recommend you get hold of a copy asap, you will not be dissapointed.

9.5/10 (nothing will ever get a 10)

The great man's finest performance although the film is a typical Lynch mindfuck.

Went to see The A-Team tonight.

It's not going to win any awards. It's not going to go down as a brilliant film. But as a sheer, leave-your-brain-at-home action film, it's one of the most fun films I've seen in ages. I had a beaming smile on my face from start to finish.

Like this ----> :D

I hope they serve beer in hell 55%

Apparently this was adapted from a novel which like most films was never as good on the big screen. Still had it's moments and one-liners that had me interested enough. Might give the book a look.

Daybreakers 74%

This had the potential to be a classic, about a world of vampires that live through a human civilization, only blood is running out as the humans are an endangered species. It was good for the reasons that it was a brilliantly innovative and fresh plot put forward but it was quite simply let down by poor characterization of some of supporting actors, which i thought at times some where used just to move the plot along without serving much depth to the story(Hawkes's brother, Neil's daughter). Still, it's one of those movies I'd recommend seeing, for it did have it's moments of suspense, gore and none of this teenage vampire pish that you would see get from shite like twilight or the vampire diaries.

Went to see The A-Team last night, and as others have said it's good, mindless fun. Face and Murdock were the best of the 4, but Hannibal and B.A were pretty good too.

And I did like the incredibly nerdy nod to original Murdoch Dwight Schultz.

7/10

The A-Team

Thought this was an excellent film. Murdoch was superb. The Braveheart part was just class. :lol: Only thing I noticed wrong with it was one of these swapping moments. In one scene when they were escaping with Murdoch in the Jeep and got their tire shot it was the back left, then when they arrived at the army plane it showed it as the back right tire that was sparking. Just me? I dunno. :blink:

9/10

Edited by DarkBlue62

The A-Team

Thought this was an excellent film. Murdoch was superb. The Braveheart part was just class. :lol: Only thing I noticed wrong with it was one of these swapping moments. In one scene when they were escaping with Murdoch in the Jeep and got their tire shot it was the back left, then when they arrived at the army plane it showed it as the back right tire that was sparking. Just me? I dunno. :blink:

9/10

I was expecting this movie to be awful and I mean fucking awful but most people seem to be really enjoying it.

I might give it a chance. :)

Edited by MattBairn

The A-Team

What was the point in this film? I don't understand why so many sequels and re-makes of classics are made these days and basically just absolutely pumped full of CGI, almost making events unrecognisable. There also seems to be a need to make absolutely everything a sloud as possible. Flying tanks? A plot? f**k right off.

I just wanted it to end.

0/10

That was one of the best bits of the film! It was just so cheesy/unreal that it was funny to watch. Fair enough, you've given it a 0/10...but what were you REALLY expecting? Oscar performances?

It's the A-Team ffs...it was always going to be OTT

Toy Story 3

Awesome. Was a bit bored in parts but that's to be expected with me being 20 and the film being for kids. However some of it was genuinely laugh at loud stuff, and I'll admit although I didn't cry at the end I was glad for the 3D glasses as my lip was wobbling a tad at the end.

9/10