What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Payday

Film from 1973 in which the legendary Rip Torn plays a successful country singer. We join him for around 48 hours of his sleazy, sweating, drinking, shagging, fighting existence on the road. A little slow in the middle but well worth a look. Walk The Line this ain't

7.5/10

Mystic River - 8/10

Terrific film, with Oscar winning performances from Sean Penn and Tim Robbins. Although i was expecting some sort of twist with regards to Penn's daughter's murderer, when it did come it wasn't what i expected at all. Most "random".

Reminded me of "Gone Baby Gone".

I love Eastwood as a director.

Edited by Gall09

Where The Wild Things Are

Based on the famous book of the same name, directed by the twattish if amusing Spike Jones, and scripted by the professional liar Dave Eggers, this film features James Galdolfini in his most sensitive role. It looks stunning, as you'd imagine, and some beautiful costumes feature heavily. It's very dark though, and a bit of a weepy in places.

I loved it, but I'm not entirely sure how fair or justifiable it was to take a kids' book and turn it into a fairy story for adults. Either that or the director completely misjudged the tone of the film.

4.2/10

Where The Wild Things Are

Based on the famous book of the same name, directed by the twattish if amusing Spike Jones, and scripted by the professional liar Dave Eggers, this film features James Galdolfini in his most sensitive role. It looks stunning, as you'd imagine, and some beautiful costumes feature heavily. It's very dark though, and a bit of a weepy in places.

I loved it, but I'm not entirely sure how fair or justifiable it was to take a kids' book and turn it into a fairy story for adults. Either that or the director completely misjudged the tone of the film.

4.2/10

Loved it - 4.2/10? You're a very demanding viewer.

Taken 6/10

Never really liked liam neeson, and the subject matter is pretty grim but there are some quality action scenes in this one man vs the sex traffic industry movie. For some reason all I could think about was the family guy joke where Harrison Ford runs around grabbing people and shoutin gimme back my family.

Pulse 4/10

Suspense/thriller which had a stupid plot which had everyone killing themselves and was shot with some filter to make it look really drab and grim. Had one genuine holy f**k moment in the laundry room scene, other than that its got a hot lass in it and not much else.

The bourne supremacy 5/10

Might help if I saw the first one first, but I can't really get past the shaky camera which royally pisses me off whenever its used. Again some ok action scenes, but just didn't do it for me.

The Tortured ( 2010 )

Basically, a kid gets kidnapped and murdered, and the parents take the kidnapper and torture him. It's a simple concept but it's well acted and played out. The climax is pretty terrific as well. As for the movie on the whole, it's alright. It's relatively short and it doesn't drag out any longer than it has to.

7/10

Night at the Museum.

I love this film, seen it so many times. I don't know that you'd call it a guilty pleasure as such but I definitely shouldn't love it as much as I do.

Owen Wilson and Steve Coogan are just fantastic in it. Stiller is funny in it as well but not as good as the aforementioned actors. Add the scorching Carla Gugino and you've got a half decent film already. The plot is pretty solid, few minor gripes but since it's a children's film then I let it slide.

Dick Van Dyke is also quality, love him, probably too much as well.

8/10

Who doesn't love Dick Van Dyke ?

I don't know, I don't think too many people of my age(18) would actually know who he is. I only know him because I've watched loads and loads of Diagnosis Murder (thanks BBC2).

If I was to ask my friends I reckon about 60% wouldn't know who he is.

I am not fully convinced about his villain characteristics but he played it alright.

Edited by forehead7

Machete(said with spanish accent)

Good. Some really big names in this. Danny Trejo, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Jeff Fahey, Steven Seagal, Cheech Marin, Robert De Niro and Lindsay Lohan.

I'm just gonna say that Machete in this is an absolute legend. Minor spoilers:

He fucks Michelle Rodriguez. Then makes a tape of him, Lindsay Lohan and her on screen mother all naked and pulling in a swimming pool to show to her on screen father (Jeff Fahey) then passes up the chance to nail a hammered Jessica Alba but eventually rides off at the end with her on his motorcycle. Great guy.

Some good acting, with the exception of Steven Seagal who does an awful Mexican gangster. Brutal scenes and some decent action in it.

8/10

300 (2006)

8/10

Basically a cross between Braveheart, The Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

Decent, although the random casting of Gerard Butler as Leonidas was a bit weird!

I watched this last night. Quite enjoyed it but not as good as Troy.

I agree about Butler being an odd selection for Leonidas - every now and again the Scottish accent slipped out.

Lions for Lambs (2007)

Didn't know what I was getting into other than a political war based film, but found that the war story was kind of irrelevant in terms of the overall message of the film.

It was a tad pretentious to try and overshadow the war with the story about doing the right thing, then ending the film with the story of the soldiers ending and leaving the morality tale open.

For once Tom Cruise actually seemed human, which made a nice change from him seeming like a bit of wood... but I thought Derek Luke (who played Puff Daddy in Notorious) was great in his role as Redford's prize student, turned soldier!

Worth a watch, but not a masterpiece by any means.

7/10

Machete(said with spanish accent)

Good. Some really big names in this. Danny Trejo, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Jeff Fahey, Steven Seagal, Cheech Marin, Robert De Niro and Lindsay Lohan.

I'm just gonna say that Machete in this is an absolute legend. Minor spoilers:

He fucks Michelle Rodriguez. Then makes a tape of him, Lindsay Lohan and her on screen mother all naked and pulling in a swimming pool to show to her on screen father (Jeff Fahey) then passes up the chance to nail a hammered Jessica Alba but eventually rides off at the end with her on his motorcycle. Great guy.

Some good acting, with the exception of Steven Seagal who does an awful Mexican gangster. Brutal scenes and some decent action in it.

8/10

Enjoyed Machete as well although I'd urge anyone who's wanting to take it seriously not to watch it as they'd only be disappointed. It's nonsense at times, and mental almost all of the time.

7.5/10 I'd go for, with extra points for the parts you've included in the spoiler.