What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Jason X deserves another point purely for the dip into all out comedy in the scene that they try to distract Jason with a hologram of two teenage lassies camping by a lake, and they're both coming away with lines like "We both enjoy premarital sex!" and "We take illegal drugs!". It cuts away and then cuts back and he's got the two of them zipped up in sleeping bags and is battering one to death with the other. :lol:

That got ripped off by something, but I can't remember what it was...

Paranormal Activity 3 - shite/10

I fairly enjoyed the first 2 films and I wasn't particularly confused by this one as some seem to have been, but it was just fcking terrible. The guy who played Randy was pretty good, and that was about it as far as positives.

Last House On The Left (2009)

Maybe I built this up a bit too much in my own head, but I was hoping for some top class gore. Instead it was a bit too rapey with some mild violence thrown in. Second half of the film was a decent watch but the ending reminded me a bit too much of The Amityville Horror.

5/10

Just watched an immense film. One of the best ive seen. Truly inspiring

It's called living utopia. It's about the spanish revolution and how anarchists took advantage of this to create a much better society. It interviews people who actuall lived through it and they all say it was great. You can download it here for free .

http://en.anarchopedia.org/Vivir_la_utopia

Click on the download which says via anarchism.org 10/10

We Need to Talk About Kevin

Excellent film. Tilda Swinton is immense, surely the Oscar beckons. Amazingly shot by Lynne Ramsay. And all the actors playing Kevin at different ages are creepy as f**k. Well worth seeing.

8/10 for film

9/10 for Tilda Swinton's performance

Edited by roverthemoon

Moscow Zero (2006)

A Russian guy goes underground in Russia, to try and find the gates of hell which are apparently easily accessible by walking off a subway platform into the tunnels. Remember nobody will stop you from doing this, and you'll never see a train.

Well he gets lost, and his pal (a priest) comes to try and find him.

They get trapped in there and demons cause a couple of people to die.

Val Kilmer and Joss Ackland briefly show up to show you how not to put on a Russian accent (I'm guessing this is where most of the $10m budget went), oh and so does the Russian girl from the first Bourne film. She served more purpose as she actually did something...

This is why the Spanish shouldn't make films in Russian! And why films should not be half in Russian, either go fully Russian, or fully English - not have the characters swap back and forth when talking to the same person!

4/10 - it was watchable, but the ending was shit / obvious, and the change of language all the time annoyed me!

Grave Encounters (2011)

It's an OK watch. They go for the whole "What you're about to see is real, we haven't doctored anything!" angle. But then there's clearly ghosts with a CGI pus? More comedy than scary. Think of The Blair Witch Project set in an Asylum and that's what this is.

4/10

Just watched an immense film. One of the best ive seen. Truly inspiring

It's called living utopia. It's about the spanish revolution and how anarchists took advantage of this to create a much better society. It interviews people who actuall lived through it and they all say it was great. You can download it here for free .

http://en.anarchopedia.org/Vivir_la_utopia

Click on the download which says via anarchism.org 10/10

How did that work out for them?

Any one seen Contagion yet?

Thinking of going tonight, good cast but mixed reviews.

Expecting big things from this also, going tomorrow. I'm a big fan of Steven Soderbergh but he has been rather hit and miss lately. 4 stars from Empire is an encouraging sign. And as you say, star-studded line-up.

I'm looking forward to reviews for Contagion. It looks good.

There is a number of good films on next week at Cineworld:

• The Ides Of March
  • Contagion
  • We Need To Talk About Kevin
  • Tintin
  • Midnight In Paris
  • Ghostbusters

Out of interest, what do they mean by a digital showing?

• The Ides Of March
  • Contagion
  • Tintin
  • Midnight In Paris
  • Ghostbusters

Contagion is the only one that interests me from that lot...

And it's either showing or not.

• The Ides Of March
  • Contagion
  • Tintin
  • Midnight In Paris
  • Ghostbusters

In what context? It would be weird to flag up a digital showing because I'd assume every film listed there is from a digital source. The only thing I can think of is that they've mentioned Ghostbusters is a digital screening in case anyone expects a 35mm print. If that's what it is it's just as well because the last 35m print I saw of Ghostbusters, two or three years ago, was in a shocking state with whole chunks of it missing.

Your film list reminds me I haven't stuck up a score for Midnight In Paris. I'll do that this afternoon.

Here's what it shows on the Cineworld website:

post-7081-0-37719700-1319816475_thumb.jp

post-7081-0-01980600-1319816484_thumb.jp

One is specifically mentioned as being digital and the other isn't. Probably an obvious answer but I'm just curious.

I'm not familiar with the multiplex websites so I'm not sure. I would have thought these days it was more relevant to point out if something was in 35mm.

Contagion is the only one that interests me from that lot...

And it's either showing or not.

The two I've seen (and reviewed) are well worth seeing. Midnight In Paris is definitely a must-see in my opinion. Both people I saw it with thought it was the best film of the year so far.

How did that work out for them?

Well it worked very well indeed. The standard of living rose and there was no unemployment. One man said even the rate of production almost doubled with no superior power. Free, proper education for all was applied. In some parts they even abolished money, yet there was not one case of selfishness. Basically every aspect of there life improved. There was brotherhood, solidarity. Everyone they interviewed from the time said it was tremendous all agreeing it is the only way humans can live freely and fairly where everyone is valued the same.

Unfortunatly, as there was a civil war going on, they eventually had to take up arms against the fascists. Sadly, due to costly errors and the disgraceful tactics of some of the oppisition, the government was reinstated and everything went back to 'normal.' Everyone was very sad about this.

Still, the 4 years they spent in anarchy proves to everyone that anarchy can work. No police men, no laws, no priests, no class divisions. Just brotherhood, freedom, freedom of the mind, real democracy and community spirit to create there own destiny.

Or, as i should have said, watch it youself and find out. :P

Edited by jojo