What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Green Hornet

Much like a couple of posts above

7/10

Machete

Brilliant. Danny badass, de-niro, don jonson, lohan,alba and best of all, Michelle rodriquez . :)

High body count, low on thought (maybe thats why i liked it) :P

9/10

I went to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo earlier this week. It's basically a pretty faithful remake of the Swedish version, with a couple of slight differences. David Fincher's direction is excellent though, he really is an excellent visual technician. The opening credits are awesome, like most of his films.

There's a bit in the film where one of the main characters is brutally sodomised and raped by her guardian, it's a horrific scene, you could feel people looking away during it. Well, just as the scene had finished, the film stopped and the lights came up and a member of Cineworld staff came in and told us the fire alarm had gone off and we'd have to evacuate. Everyone stood about for a bit with no-one leaving as the exits were too busy and once everyone was back in the usher (is that the word?) said the film would restart just before it had stopped. So we got to watch the brutal, prolonged anal rape scene again! Yay. We were saved when one of the audience ran out and asked the usher to forward past it.

Edited by ICTChris

The Artist 10/10

Its not released here until January but last night I was lucky enough to be at a preview screening of The Artist - a silent movie tribute to the end of the silent movie era. Gobsmackingly brilliant doesnt even begin to describe how fantastic this film was, and just when you think it cant get any better Malcolm McDowell turns up.

You'll laugh, you'll cry and the scene where he puts the glass down on his dressing room table will chill you to the bone.

I doubt I'll see a better film in 2012.

SEE IT! SEE IT! SEE IT!

Agree with, and can't emphasise enough, all of this, saw it this morning and it was so good we went again in the evening.

Added to the unique, nostalgic silent black-and white picture style are so many twists, surprises and moments of utter genius: lots of visual metaphor, glorious shots (some of the most imaginative stuff I've ever seen) and many clever lines in its scarce dialogue. The leading performance is terrific; I think we'll see a lot more of this man, starting in a tuxedo at Hollywood next month?

It's rare that seeing a film will make you rethink what's great about this fine art, but this one's shaken it up completely: for me a totally unpretentious and romantic yin to my opinion on the "sun-shines-out-its-arse" The Tree Of Life's yang. One of the most ambitious films in modern times, take a bow Michel Hazanavicius, you won't be a nobody much longer...

I'm under the impression that the masses are drawn to this one for the novelty of seeing a modern silent film, but there's so much more to discover, and I urge everyone to do so.

Ferris Buellars Day off - 6/10

Decent but like Donnie Darko I just didn't get the cult bit at all. Worth watching though, fairly entertaining and the musical bit was well staged.

Four Brothers - 8/10

Probably the most watched action movie in my collection. Mark Wahlberg, Andre 3000 (yes, from Outkast) and Tyrese Gibson star. Probably Wahlbergs 2nd best film after The Fighter, a proper guy film but with a heart behind it. I was going to post a plot description but it makes it sound worse than it is.

Give it a watch if you like: Bad Boys (less action, more story)

Go watch The Departed, right now! tongue.gif

Awww aye, forgot about that :ph34r:. 3rd best then

As part of my nifty fifty I watched 5 films today that I had never seen before:

The Godfather - 6/10

Inglorious Basterds - 9/10

Ice Age - 6/10

Body of Lies - 2/10

Goodfellas - 8/10

Take it back... <_<

Awww aye, forgot about that :ph34r:. 3rd best then

Take it back... <_<

Some excellent acting performances, I just found the whole thing a bit boring and dull. Perhaps because its billed as one of the greatest films of all time, its never going to quite live up to your expectations. And Stewbo I am a huge fan of shows like Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men etc so the style is something I'm used to - just wasn't for me however and I doubt I'll watch the second one now (even though its meant to be the best one)

Edited by gordon the gopher

Four Brothers - 8/10

Probably the most watched action movie in my collection. Mark Wahlberg, Andre 3000 (yes, from Outkast) and Tyrese Gibson star. Probably Wahlbergs 2nd best film after The Fighter, a proper guy film but with a heart behind it. I was going to post a plot description but it makes it sound worse than it is.

Give it a watch if you like: Bad Boys (less action, more story)

Agree. Very good film.

Some excellent acting performances, I just found the whole thing a bit boring and dull. Perhaps because its billed as one of the greatest films of all time, its never going to quite live up to your expectations. And Stewbo I am a huge fan of shows like Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men etc so the style is something I'm used to - just wasn't for me however and I doubt I'll watch the second one now (even though its meant to be the best one)

I did not care for the Godfather. It insists upon itself.

I did not care for the Godfather. It insists upon itself.

I will concede that its a bit slow to get going but when it does it really sets the bar for mafia movies. You fellows might prefer the book, its the same story obviously but you fell more connected to the characters than in the film.

I just watched "Along Came A Spider" on Film 4 and I thought it was superb. A touch of a rip off of Diehard 3 though when he's running around answering phones and ends up in the Subway. Morgan Freeman is fantastic and the plot twists kept you guessing throughout.

I'm watching "Never Say Never Again". Which is kind of a Bond film, but the listings say it's a remake of Thunderball. It's not very good. Does it technically count as a Bond film, and what do you think of it if you've seen it?

Its not considered a real Bond film, done by different studio. Never seen it myself, dont really want to either.

I watched (500) Days of Summer for the second time tonight, just finished watching it there.

I watched it about two years ago for the first time and didn't really like it or think it justified the hype it got. However after watching it just there, I thought it was great, miles better than on first viewing.

First viewing 4/10.

Second viewing 8/10.

Pulp Fiction on Saturday night. Top quality, Samuel L Jackson is just a king in this. Every scene he's in is absolutely stunning.

9.5/10

The only reason it's not 10/10 is because I watched Reservoir Dogs last night and it is 10/10. It's a flawless film IMO. As my top 5 thread suggests, it's soundtrack is unbelievably good. The acting from Keitel, Madsen, Roth, Buscemi, Penn and Tierney is fantastic. The story is simplistic and the budget is low, but that just adds to the film's edge. One of the best films ever made and probably in my top 2/3 films.

Pulp Fiction on Saturday night. Top quality, Samuel L Jackson is just a king in this. Every scene he's in is absolutely stunning.

9.5/10

The only reason it's not 10/10 is because I watched Reservoir Dogs last night and it is 10/10. It's a flawless film IMO. As my top 5 thread suggests, it's soundtrack is unbelievably good. The acting from Keitel, Madsen, Roth, Buscemi, Penn and Tierney is fantastic. The story is simplistic and the budget is low, but that just adds to the film's edge. One of the best films ever made and probably in my top 2/3 films.

Pulp Fiction sh*ts all over Reservoir Dogs in my opinion