What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Blow - Johnny Depp (2001)

True story based on the Medellin Cartel an organized Colombian drug smuggling operation. I am sure most have seen it. Thought it was brilliant. My kinda film. 8.5/10

Thats 2 Johnny Depp films in my top 5. Blow & Donnie Brasco.

War of the Dead (2011)

The only recognisible face is the guy who used to play Jim Carver in The Bill. He is an American cameraman embedded with a platoon of American soldiers who are helping Finland during an assualt on a Russian bunker during WWII.

Problem is that a few years before the Nazis had experimenting on 'undeath' with Russian POW's, and had left them behind when they got kicked out............

Quite well done so 7.5/10, but then I am a sucker for a Nazi/zombie combination :lol: as long as you don't take the thought of US forces fighting with the Finnish ones too seriously..

Edited by wunfellaff

I think one of his more recent books, Under the Dome, is up there with his very best work. It's an absolutely magnificent piece of work.

A lot of his recent stuff is pretty poor.

Under the Dome was fantastic. Great characters and well written. Just like The Stand tho', shit ending.

Also enjoyed 11/22/63 recently.

A Time To Kill 10/10

For any1 who has not see this I strongly suggest you do. Absolutely an outstanding watch. Cast include Samuel L Jackson, Sandra bullock, Matthew McConaughey and Kevin Spacey. A forceful crime thriller that has a town split by race.

A must see!!!!!!!biggrin.gif

I know it is a TV movie but I have been so disenfranchised with the traditional movies I have watched recently I thought it deserved a mention.

Too big to fail 9/10

I dunno, I guess I am a bit of a geek with this thing, but it captured the intricate relationships perfectly, although they could have done more on James Woods as the character he played was ripe for this kind of thing. Did enough on the technical details without going over blown, whilst you really did appreciate how important the decisions being made were.

I'd thoroughly recommend it, one of the best films I've seen in a long time.

The Expendables - 6.5/10

Meh. The plot is totally p*sh tbh. It gets such a high score because the action scenes were pretty good. There was a few cheesy comedy moments as well which made me giggle. What purpose did Arnie serve? He has about 4 lines and was in the film for around 3 minutes. Utterly pointless if you ask me and I bet he got paid a bloody fortune for it! I dunno if they did it just so Arnie and Sly appear in the same film, but I thought it was a waste of time.

I watched it with a couple of my mates as they want me to go and see the 2nd. I have to admit that I don't have a problem going to see the 2nd, but I am not expecting anything other than 6/7 outa 10 again.

The Expendables - 6.5/10

What purpose did Arnie serve? He has about 4 lines and was in the film for around 3 minutes. Utterly pointless if you ask me and I bet he got paid a bloody fortune for it! I dunno if they did it just so Arnie and Sly appear in the same film, but I thought it was a waste of time.

Have you not seen the adverts for the sequel?(or actually seen the sequel)

The Expendables 2

I fucking loved it. I'd expect it to get a shit review but I really enjoyed it. The fight scenes were excellent and there was a decent plot too (unlike the first one which barely had one). I'm surprised that Van Damme played the bad guy but he was pretty good at it. Some really funny moments too, especially the dialogue and car scene with Schwarzenegger and Willis and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly music accompanying Chuck Norris. The only person missing IMO was Steven Seagal, possibly Wesley Snipes too but there's not much the producer could do about him being in prison. I know Seagal has mostly produced shit films but I like shit films like that and he'd have fitted right in. I don't know what it says about me that I laughed at most of the fight scenes :ph34r:

Would recommend to anyone who wants to see a film with lots of fight scenes and can't be arsed with shite dialogue.

Warrior ( 2011 )

The comparisons to The Fighter are pretty unfounded. They're both about fighters, and there's brothers involved, but that's just about where the comparison ends. The Fighter was a LOT more focused on the family than it was the fighting, whereas Warrior, while using the family as it's base, was much more about the fighting. Which is no bad thing. We see enough of the stuff outside the cage to let us get invested in the characters. Tom Hardy's character is a bit one dimensional though, and his "he's our misunderstood hero!" act is pretty forced by everything going on around. The commentary takes away from what's happening and given how predictable each fight is, they spend too much time on them. The story isn't as deep as The Fighter. It's just basically two brothers who were split and now they might be fighting. Which come to think of it, isn't the plot for The Fighter either. It's a fun movie.

7/10

Have you not seen the adverts for the sequel?(or actually seen the sequel)

No. It's not normally my genre, but as my mate wants to go and see it I will give it a go. If I thought the 1st one was sh*t I wouldn't go at all, but as I didn't mind it I have no problem going to see the 2nd.

I'm guessing Arnie has a bigger part in the 2nd? If he is even in it!

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 9.5/10

Seen this film numerous times, but it doesn't get old. Absolutely excellent film. The only sh*t thing for me was that the DVD I have was a cut down and had several scenes missing - 3 off the top of my head were Angel eyes looking for Bill Carson and finding all the injured soldiers, before he goes to the POW camp. Tuko(sp?) bathing his feet in the desert. Tuko plucking the chicken. According to my DVD, these scenes (and 4 others) were only released in the Italian version, which is garbage. So needless to say I have went and ordered the new extended version!

The Fugitive - 8/10.

Think this was my first time seeing this, I might've years ago but I cant quite remember. Harrison is on fine form in this film and I thought the cinematography was really clever. Tommy Lee Jones was brilliant as always.

Apollo 18 bought the dvd on saturday,

tagline-"There's a reason we've never gone back to the moon"

premise- officially the Apollo moon missions finished with Apollo 17, secretly Apollo 18 was sent to the moon on a top secret military mission,this is recently discovered film from that mission.

quite a good watch,not really a fan of this type of film(ie likes of cloverfield ,blair witch etc) but this was gripping

only one real jump out of seat/ shit yourself moment

8/10

Edited by rustyarabnuts

No. It's not normally my genre, but as my mate wants to go and see it I will give it a go. If I thought the 1st one was sh*t I wouldn't go at all, but as I didn't mind it I have no problem going to see the 2nd.

I'm guessing Arnie has a bigger part in the 2nd? If he is even in it!

Yeah, he's got a proper role. As does Bruce Willis.

Edited by forehead7

Apollo 18 bought the dvd on saturday,

tagline-"There's a reason we've never gone back to the moon"

premise- officially the Apollo moon missions finished with Apollo 17, secretly Apollo 18 was sent to the moon on a top secret military mission,this is recently discovered film from that mission.

quite a good watch,not really a fan of this type of film(ie likes of cloverfield ,blair witch etc) but this was gripping

only one real jump out of seat/ shit yourself moment

8/10

8/10?!?!?!?!? Each to their own I suppose. I thought it was tedious nonsense.