What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I thought you were referring to the Christmas period as the "holidays" like they day in America, eg. "Happy Holidays" :angry:

They call it holiday season because Hanukkah is also in December. You fucking anti-Semitic b*****d.

Probably partly because of that, partly because there's plenty of other people who don't celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah. It's more a PC term than an American one.

brilliant film ,Scotland had a real purple patch with films for a while with this, Comfort and Joy,Restless Natives and Gregorys Girl all great films.biggrin.gif

That sinking feeling was my fav :)

The Big Picture - Was browsing iplayer and gave this a bash based on it starring Romain Duris and Niels Arestrup. Two actors who have put in great performances in some of the films mention in the foreign cinema thread. Involves a guy who's life is seen as very succesful, despite him not really living it the way he planned. Something happens which forces him to give up that life and start afresh. One of those films where you're really gripped in it but start picking out all the plotholes afterwards. Carried by Duris, who is one my favourite actors right now.

7.5/10

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - Loved it. Seems to be a bit of a marmite film, with loads of people saying it's too complicated. Didn't really see what was so confusing tbh. You'd struggle to even think of a much better cast of British actors. Let The Right One In is on my list of films I need to see, especially after this.

9/10.

Predators - 2/10

I should have been a good film but wasn't. Special effects and acting wasn't terrible but it was just more of the same and quoting lines out of the first film was just stupid. The Laurence Fishburne cameo appearance was just ridiculous and was up there with Morgan Freeman in Deep Blue Sea.

What a total waste of money.

Watched Compliance last night. Truth really is stranger than fiction. If I hadn't known this was based (and was largely faithful to it) on a true story I'd have dismissed it as utter nonsense. I wasn't really sure how they would manage to string it out 90 minutes and it does seem a bit stretched but worth watching if only to see how truly gullible and thick people are.

Se7en - 9/10

Added to Sky Player this week so thought I would give it a go. Absolutely fantastic film. It's hard to believe that it was released in 1995. The acting was fantastic throughout, especially Spacey who didn't appear until near the end, but what an appearance it was. The final scenes were done really well and had you on the edge of your seat. Overall this will go down as a classic if it's not already

Frozen River - 7/10

Takes place in the days before Christmas near a little-known border crossing on the Mohawk reservation between New York State and Quebec. Here, the lure of fast money from smuggling presents a daily challenge to single moms who would otherwise be earning minimum wage. Two women - one white, one Mohawk, both single mothers faced with desperate circumstances - are drawn into the world of border smuggling across the frozen water of the St. Lawrence River. Ray and Lila - and a New York State Trooper as opponent in an evolving cat-and-mouse game.

Hadn't even heard of the film when i picked it up in Fopp, but it's really good. Liked the ending as well. I've recently realised i enjoy the majority of films that are set against a snowy backdrop! This really reminded me of Winter's Bone, which is a very good thing.

Edited by Gall09

Predators - 2/10

I should have been a good film but wasn't. Special effects and acting wasn't terrible but it was just more of the same and quoting lines out of the first film was just stupid. The Laurence Fishburne cameo appearance was just ridiculous and was up there with Morgan Freeman in Deep Blue Sea.

What a total waste of money.

Morgan Freeman?

Se7en - 9/10

Added to Sky Player this week so thought I would give it a go. Absolutely fantastic film. It's hard to believe that it was released in 1995. The acting was fantastic throughout, especially Spacey who didn't appear until near the end, but what an appearance it was. The final scenes were done really well and had you on the edge of your seat. Overall this will go down as a classic if it's not already

84117535.png