What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Snowpiercer 6/10

Saw this French graphic novel movie adaptation recently. One of those movies that is incredibly frustrating due to it being nowhere near as good as it could've and should've been, in this case due to really messy pacing, weak script and cringeworthingly poor acting/delivery from the lead. The quirky style of Bong Joon-Ho comes through well, but this wasn't always a good thing - really stretched the required amount of suspension of disbelief at times.

So annoying, could've been a real classic in the league of The Dark Knight. Still well worth the watch, though, just don't get annoyed like me :P

This Is The End.

I don't normally gives stars or ratings but this was 0/10.

I'm genuinely curious as to what kind of movie they thought they were making. Comedy? I didn't laugh. Not once. There was not a single redeeming feature about the film, not even any of the "cameos"

I leave it to better reviewers to point out the gargantuan flaws in it.. I just hated it all.

This Is The End.

I don't normally gives stars or ratings but this was 0/10.

I'm genuinely curious as to what kind of movie they thought they were making. Comedy? I didn't laugh. Not once. There was not a single redeeming feature about the film, not even any of the "cameos"

I leave it to better reviewers to point out the gargantuan flaws in it.. I just hated it all.

You've captured the shite essence perfectly tbh.

The Purge

80 minutes? For a feature film? No surprise the film turned out to be utter shite given that it was over in such a short time. The premise of the film is actually good, and could have been a fantastic thriller if they actually followed through with it properly but instead it was just so, so bad.

2/10

Non-Stop

Took my mum and dad to see this yesterday, they love generic action films and both like Liam Neeson. It is from the same producers of 'Taken', and 'Unknown' so you get what you expect. Neeson plays the same character he has now been playing for the past few years and to be fair he is very watchable in the 'troubled, middle aged tough guy' role. The film itself was decent, pretty entertaining stuff for the majority of it despite a "shit we need to finish the film now so lets go mental" type of ending.

5/10

Having now checked the director of 'Non-Stop' his IMDB tells me that he is currently filming 'Run All Night' about 'An ageing hit man who is forced to take on his brutal former boss to protect his estranged son and his family.' Starring, Liam Neeson.

Theres one i saw a trailer for last night about an aging hitman who tries to give up his life of killing but drawn back into it

Starring.... Kevin Costner.. yes really

Theres one i saw a trailer for last night about an aging hitman who tries to give up his life of killing but drawn back into it

Starring.... Kevin Costner.. yes really

If you're surprised by his casting there, you might want to check out Mr Brooks (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/).

Pretty decent film, and he certainly isn't bad.

Apollo 18

So much potential to make this film excellent, a couple of guys on the moon only they're not alone but the story just goes right downhill and overall it's pretty poor.

4/10

Pretty accurate. Such a waste.

Watched Wreck it Ralph and loved it. Although the story was fairly obvious the attention to detail was brilliant at times.

I really wanted more of the 'retro references', there were plenty of cameos and nods to old games but I wanted more! Although that might have taken away from the story I suppose.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

What a fantastic movie, thoroughly enjoyed it and possibly smiled all the way through. Visually stunning and the interaction between the two main characters is seamless and very funny

Not a massive fan of Wes Anderson but this is outstanding. 9/10

Just watched 'They' again with the wife and nipper. Not bad, has its moments, but could've been better. The alternate ending is much better than the original.

This is the one I'm talking about: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283632/. Thought I should clarify as there's a ton of movies with titles in the vein of They! Them! It! Those! Which? They Buggers O'er There! Et cetera.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

I really wanted more of the 'retro references', there were plenty of cameos and nods to old games but I wanted more! Although that might have taken away from the story I suppose.

I havent rewatched it since my cinema viewing, i kinda thought that at the time but since its for kids as well you couldn't put in too much or they wouldnt understand what was going on

Watched Rush last night in a bit of a double whammy since I managed to get my mates old blu ray player so it was the first film i watched on it

Excellent film i can see why there was so much talk of it, kinda gutted i didnt see it at the cinema

9/10