What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Bridge of Spies.

Not a spy 'thriller' in any way (if that's what people are looking for). It is more a story about morals and personal values. Spielberg knows what he is doing with films like this so I enjoyed it without it being a classic.

The best thing about it was Mark Rylance. I thought his performance was outstanding. I couldn't take my eyes off him when he was on screen and I was hanging off every single word of his.

7/10

Bridge of Spies.

Not a spy 'thriller' in any way (if that's what people are looking for). It is more a story about morals and personal values. Spielberg knows what he is doing with films like this so I enjoyed it without it being a classic.

The best thing about it was Mark Rylance. I thought his performance was outstanding. I couldn't take my eyes off him when he was on screen and I was hanging off every single word of his.

7/10

Do you worry about this review? Would it make any difference?

Grimbo

Bridge of Spies.

7/10

Enjoyed this movie, agreed not a spy thriller and Rylances character was brilliant. His little "should I look worried" quips lightened the story.

You should read more about the real Rudolf Abel character he lead an incredible life. Very intelligent and well travelled man. 7.5/10

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Edited by killiepiemuncher

Krampus

While this isn't going to meet any film of the year lists, this movie achieves exactly what it's supposed to. Be a shitload of fun, and also be pretty tense as well. Some of the set pieces going on here are absolutely spectacular, and utterly ludicrous as well, which just adds to the fun of things.

8/10

Kajaki - 8/10

Didnt have high hopes for this in the first ten minutes but ended up really enjoying it. Really tough watch but enjoyable.

What was that boy playing at with the bottle of water? I was screaming at the tele like a madman :)

I think the film tried to portait the bravery of "our boys", however the main message i got was just how massively under prepared the allied forces are this type of conflict.

Would recommend to anyone to watch this, just not on a hangover/cum down or when your eating your dinner.

Krampus is superb fun. Some really funny set pieces, built up tension very well and some decent jump scares in there too. Probably the most fun film I've seen since The Guest.

Put me at mind of the gremlins a little bit, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Without giving anything away, I feared the ending wouldn't live up to the rest of the film. My fears were misplaced.

A very dece 8/10

Edited by Kyle

The Crucible:

I thought some of it was pretty good but was a bit of a chore to watch at times as the plot almost came to a stop at times. It definitely conveyed the messages of paranoia and hysteria that the original play had but, when it didn't explore this, it didn't really seem like it was telling you anything about anything.

6/10

Krampus

While this isn't going to meet any film of the year lists, this movie achieves exactly what it's supposed to. Be a shitload of fun, and also be pretty tense as well. Some of the set pieces going on here are absolutely spectacular, and utterly ludicrous as well, which just adds to the fun of things.

8/10

Ive only seen a brief glimpse of the trailer, but the "creatures" look very Pans Labyrinthy to me

Some are. Some definitely aren't. Although some of the stuff definitely has a touch of Del Toro in it outside of the helpers.

Was just the look of them tbh, look "real" instead of completely CGI, which is why I loved PL so much I think

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

Pretty decent, although

Parts felt rushed, especially Prim's death. All we really got in terms of a reaction to that was Katniss shouting at a cat. Finnick's death didn't get much except another teary moan from Katniss. Peeta just getting over his brainwashing was poorly handled as well.

Although much of what unfolded was clearly telegraphed by the viewer, it was still on the whole well done. The twist of Coin being a bit of a c**t was good, but it was always clear that she would get the arrow. They really couldn't have signposted it much more. The bombing of the kids was grim although it was another part where you could see what was about to happen.

Saw it described somewhere as having a 'Return of the King' ending(s) and that was true.

Disappointed that Joanna never got involved and that the TV show host wasn't shown getting a hideous kicking.

I am 31 in two weeks. I am not a teenage girl

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

Pretty decent, although

Parts felt rushed, especially Prim's death. All we really got in terms of a reaction to that was Katniss shouting at a cat. Finnick's death didn't get much except another teary moan from Katniss. Peeta just getting over his brainwashing was poorly handled as well.

Although much of what unfolded was clearly telegraphed by the viewer, it was still on the whole well done. The twist of Coin being a bit of a c**t was good, but it was always clear that she would get the arrow. They really couldn't have signposted it much more. The bombing of the kids was grim although it was another part where you could see what was about to happen.

Saw it described somewhere as having a 'Return of the King' ending(s) and that was true.

Disappointed that Joanna never got involved and that the TV show host wasn't shown getting a hideous kicking.

I am 31 in two weeks. I am not a teenage girl

I was raging when Finnick died tbh. Hero. Also Prims death was barely fucking mentioned, bizarre.

Movie 43 - nothing like as bad as I was expecting. It's tremendously puerile and crude, as you'd expect from anything involving the Farrelly Brothers, but there's also an endearing lack of cruelty, and occasional sweetness too. Not particularly my cup of tea, but it was an entertaining enough time waster to watch at home, in a similar (but lesser) vein as The Kentucky Fried Movie and Amazon Women on the Moon. I can't imagine it was a particularly enthralling cinema experience, however.

Strangely, it seems like the UK/International version is quite a bit different to the original US release; the short sketches with the big stars are all the same, but the linking story is entirely different, and one can only assume it was completely re-written and shot due to the abysmal reviews that the film received.