What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest Hampden Ton

Die Hard 4.0 9/10

Considering how disappointing other sequels have been this year, I approached this cautiously. The trailers made it look really good, but I've been fooled before.

I need not have been worried. This film was awesome from start to finish. Action-packed and plenty of wise-cracks that you would expect from a Die Hard film.

The plot in a nutshell is that Internet terrorists (led by Timothy Olyphant) start to bring America to its knees and John McClane gets caught up in the chaos after rescuing a nerdy hacker. Whilst the Feds and police are left almost powerless, McClane starts his own fightback. Cue car chases, pile-ups, helicopters, guns, punch-ups and plenty of little nods to the original trilogy.

Go and enjoy!

I watched The Jacket, film with Keira Knightley, Adrien Brody and Daniel Craig. It is about an ex-soldier who gets charged with Murder, is found insane, and his "treatment" is being given a drug, whilst in a straight-jacket, and put in a Morgue Locker. If you can get by the initial 30 minutes of confusement, it is actually a pretty decent film.

8/10 (a bonus 2 points for a Keira Knightley Lookalike (presumably) having sex.

Also saw Saw II finally. I dont think it was as good as the original, i had figured out the twist before the end. It was still pretty decent, and i think the storyline linked to the first film very well. 8/10.

Edited by bluetooner

Turistas 8/10

A group of backpackers get stranded in a remote part of Brazil and don't get on to well with the locals, Melissa George stars in it as well as a few brazilian beauties

2001 Maniacs, 5/10 - I now have an additional reason to hate Eli Roth. Of his films, they have all been utterly shit. This was just a bad version of Devil's Rejects, but with ghosts. f**k you Eli Roth, f**k you right in the eye with a red hot poker.

Also recently seen :-

Ghost Rider. 5/10. Typical Superhero/Comic book crap.

Seraphim Falls 8/10. Pierce Brosnan is a Yankee after the civil war, who is being chased through rough terrain by Liam Neeson (who is a confederate soldier "wronged" by Brosnan). Great performances from the 2 lead actors, and a really good storyline. They gave you information at the right time to understand the storyline, and had a decent ending.

The Good Shephard. 7/10. Matt Damon had a good performance in the story of the birth of the CIA. It was a bit all over the place in terms of the storyline, and kept jumping back and forward unnecesarily. The one thing i couldnt get over was Damons characters mistreatment of Angelina Jolie in preferance of bland women. Oh well some men had no taste :lol:

2001 Maniacs, 5/10 - I now have an additional reason to hate Eli Roth. Of his films, they have all been utterly shit. This was just a bad version of Devil's Rejects, but with ghosts. f**k you Eli Roth, f**k you right in the eye with a red hot poker.

I thought it was not bad, Devils rejects was shite, although I haven't seen house of 1000 corpses so maybe if I had seen that I would have liked devil's rejects better, however it was so poor that it has put me off going watching it 1000 corpses now

I thought it was not bad, Devils rejects was shite, although I haven't seen house of 1000 corpses so maybe if I had seen that I would have liked devil's rejects better, however it was so poor that it has put me off going watching it 1000 corpses now

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Rob Zombie is god, that was blasphemous!!! I can't wait for Hallowe'en 9 :D :D :D

Edited by SaltyTON

"300" considering i don't normally watch this type of movie, i thought it was pretty good. Wouldn't have watched it through my own choice though. 7/10.

finally watched "meet the fockers" as well. i'd give it 9/10. Not quite as good as the 1st, but still very very funny :D

"300" considering i don't normally watch this type of movie, i thought it was pretty good. Wouldn't have watched it through my own choice though. 7/10.

I saw that a few weeks ago. I thought it was AWFUL.

An hour and a half's excuse for gore. No plot. And wholly unbelievable. One of the worst films I've ever seen.

I did watch a film last week that caught me by surprise by being really good when I didn't especially expect it to be. V for vandetta.

Saw it on Sky last week and given that the critics panned it when it was out in the cinemas I didn't expect much from it but it was pretty good and left as many questions unanswered as answereed at the end. Bits of it were nonsense of course but overall I'd give it an 8/10

Mixed reports on 300 which I'm going to watch tonight, sometimes its bad reading reports on here before you watch a movie as it makes you a bit wary that it could be cack. SD V for vandetta is one of the worst films I've ever seen