What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Futurama : The Beast with a Billion Backs ( 2008 )

Far better than Bender's Big Score. Much more laughs and some quality stuff coming from every character. Zapp Brannigan is particularly awesome in this one. Also great to see the return of ...

Snoo Snoo

Better than most episodes of the show as well.

8/10

The Mist

Very good adaption of a Stephen King story, directed by Frank Darbont, the guy who did The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

Basically it starts with a big storm of some kind, and in the morning the town of Castle Rock (isn't it always with King ;) ) is shrouded in a strange mist. Needless to say there's nasty beasties in the mist.

Most of the story takes place in a little supermarket that some of the townsfolk are sheltering in and it's the usual Stephen King fare, basically are the monsters on the outside, or the people trapped within?

Some of the creatures are pretty imaginative and it's very funny in parts too. For a change they shun the "hollywood" ending, which is a good thing.

It pretty much pisses all over Cloverfield, which is similar in many ways.

7/10

Futurama: Bender's Big Score (2007) (V)

A good long episode, but gets an extra point for having a panda hunting area and for this line which made me laugh a lot.

Lars: Sir, you're just a little enraged 'cause you're dying.

7/10

Me and Junior went to see Hancock today.

7/10

I love Will Smith but was disappointed with the lack of a gratuitous torso shot. There was a buttock though. Pretty enjoyable none the less and not entirely what I expected. The villains of the piece were poorly drawn but Jason Bateman was excellent. Junior was transfixed for the first half but snoozed his way through the second.

Freakshow 6/10

Remake of an The Freaks from about 50 years ago, not bad, not great. I was impressed by the bloke with no arms who managed to get a match out of the matchbox, strike it, light a fag then smoke it by using his feet.

Creepshow ( 1982 )

Horrendous stuff here. Veers into the "so bad it's funny" territory on more than one occaision. I'm not sure what the point is here, but this is loved by a lot of people. I almost feel like I've missed the point of the whole thing. All I got was a bunch of really shit stories put into one really shit movie.

2/10

Creepshow ( 1982 )

Horrendous stuff here. Veers into the "so bad it's funny" territory on more than one occaision. I'm not sure what the point is here, but this is loved by a lot of people. I almost feel like I've missed the point of the whole thing. All I got was a bunch of really shit stories put into one really shit movie.

2/10

Creepshow 2 is far better! The Leslie Neilsen bit is just awful...

There Will Be Blood

Daniel Day Lewis is excellent (albeit his vocal delivery is a John Huston impression) but yet again what's it all about about?

An "oilman" who hates everything about life including his son

and as for the "bowling ball" scene...sure he hated Eli but to bludgeon him? And it for to be the ending of the film?

5/10

Open Water (2003)

A reasonably good film, with you actually caring what happens to the two characters by the end (albeit that care is "eat those irritating b*****ds")

A bit like Phonebooth in that it all takes place in the one scene, bar a bit of scene-setting at the start and two really pointless clips in the middle where it shows some birds (the flying kind) in the Caribbean.

Would have been a 6, but the ending of the film (I know it's based on real events, but f**k reality) was a little cutesy-poo for a 15 rating (gaven purely for the nudity which if they'd left out it would have been a 12 at most)

5/10