What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Die Hard 4 - 4/10

An awful mess that pisses all over the first 3 films.

Willis should die at least 5 times during the duration of the film and the cyber geek comedy sidekick is a pain in the ass and just when things cant get any worse his daughter gets involves and Kevin Smith stinks the place out, again.

Leave it alone Bruce, please, and leave us with Die Hard 3, one of the best action films of the past 30 years.

Gran Torino (2008)

Good film, with great performance from Clint Eastwood. Only problem was that he had grown to love the Hmong people enough to risk his life over the young girl getting assaulted, he still continued to racially abuse young Thao, and the others.

8/10

You can buy it from CDwow, etc, but in region 1 format so you will have to have a multi region player.

No, but the blu ray is region free so can get it from amazon.com etc.

I 'acquired' it from the internet whistling.gif

Cheers guys, I've put off buying the dvd because i wanted to see how the film worked with everything left in.

Just have to wait longer i guess sad.gif

Inglorious Basterds :huh: 7 / 10

Didnt really know what to expect with Tarantino and Nazi's!!

Certainly plenty of blood and gore.

Pitt was good in a not too demanding role, but Christoph Waltz was a 10/10 brilliant performance that made the film tick along.

The small cameo by Mike Myers was hardly worth the effort.

Spoiler below :

I suppose the key part to the movie is getting the audience to enjoy the violence against the Nazi's. Its strange how you are lulled into a sense of right and wrong that is jaded by who is on whos side.

The more human reflected nazi's were subject to attrocities and because of what they have been made to represent since the war. In any other circumstance the audience would pity and normally side with the germans.

This Happy Breed (1944)

I bought this film because I remeber seeing about 15 minuites worth on daytime TV around 4 years a go. I couldn't remember the name of the film or anything like that but managed to find it. Imagine my delight when I found it was a David Lean film (Dr. Zhivago is my join-favourite film)! The thing that amazes you most about the film is that it is in colour. The film itself is incredibly shot and very well directed. When you watch this film you really are transported into a by-gone era. I found it so odd when I realised I wasn't in the 1930's. A fantastic insight into the era, what was especially fun was how the house and fashion gradually and noticably changed over time, furniture and wallpaper changing and electricity coming in for example. The film is about a family and their fortunes and misfortunes between 1919 and 1939. However the misfortunes tend to outweigh to fortunes. I felt the film was a little rushed, especially during the 1920s. This ment that you din't really get to 'know' some of the more minor family members. It could have easily been fleshed out a bit more and lasted another half-hour or so. The film is a right tear jerker by increadiby heart-warming, you can't help by like that characters it portrays. You morn at their losses and rejoice at their gains. I bought this film out of curiosity more than anything else and was amazed at really how brilliant it was... They really don't make 'em like this anymore.

8.5/10 Only critisism being that some of that characters were never really developed and the 1920's went past very quickly.

Edited by Enigma

hot shots 5/10

maybe in it's time when it came out it was funny, but i didnt see the funny side to much of it. It still had it's moments though...

So i married an axe murderer 7/10

I may be being a bit generous with this mark, but it did have some pretty funny bits i have to say.

'Heed!, paper!, now!' :lol:

Role Models 8/10

Perfect movie for Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott. The back-up cast are brilliant as well with the Sturdy Wings bird and the two boys. Definitely a movie that won't get old.

Gayle: Your "Presence" here, court ordered.

Danny: Why did you put presence in quotes? Are you implying that we aren't here?

:lol:

The Hurt Locker ( 2008 )

Great stuff here. You can see why it was so well liked. For a start, they set the ball rolling in such unpredictable manner that you can't shake the feeling of not knowing what's going to happen, and who it's going to happen to. They also don't signpost anything that's going on in the story either. You're basically going through the things that happen to the characters, as they happen, which takes you right into the action, as if Kathryn Bigelow hadn't already done a good enough job of doing that.

9/10

The Orphan ( 2009 )

I first seen this and thought "dodgy horror movie time". It starts of very much like every other dodgy horror movie too, so expectations just didn't rise. Then the orphan arrives. It's all uphill from here. It's fairly cliche stuff, but this evil little bint is just SOOOO much fun to watch that I can kinda forget all about that.

7/10

:D

There are some brilliant lines in the movie. Paul Rudd is just fantastic.

Thought Rudd was great in Halloween 6! Everybody should have to do horror to see what their acting is like before being allowed to be mainstream!

Blood Simple ( 1984 )

M. Emmet Walsh is probably the best "cuddly sinister man" ever, and he once again takes this role in this pretty good, if slow moving thriller. The pace is good though, because it seems to build perfectly to the big climax. There's some brilliant moments in this movie. There's little things like the electricity going on the lights when Marty got angry, like his anger could have done it, or big things like the brilliant scenery at times. It's certainly not a movie that any director would mind calling their debut, so The Coens got one right here.

8/10

Quite a good disaster, end of the earth film, based on the Mayan belief that the world will end on 21/12/12. Starts slowly, but kicks off after 30 minutes and gets going. The special effects are just stunning, with a good portion of this film using SFX as the world crumbles. The scenes where they are in the plane flying past cities that are collapsing are great. The storyline is as thin as a Rizla, and you know how it will end before the start, but that's not why you watch these types of films. As said, the sfx saves any flaws. The only draw-back for me is the length, 2hrs 30 minutes is a bit long for any film in my book.

7/10

Quite a good disaster, end of the earth film, based on the Mayan belief that the world will end on 21/12/12. Starts slowly, but kicks off after 30 minutes and gets going. The special effects are just stunning, with a good portion of this film using SFX as the world crumbles. The scenes where they are in the plane flying past cities that are collapsing are great. The storyline is as thin as a Rizla, and you know how it will end before the start, but that's not why you watch these types of films. As said, the sfx saves any flaws. The only draw-back for me is the length, 2hrs 30 minutes is a bit long for any film in my book.

7/10

One of the Highest marks I have seen for this film. I though anything abouve a 3 or 4 was being generous.

valkyrie, it was ok 7/10

I have this on DVD but it kinda on the bottom of my to-watch list. Mainly because I think Tom Cruise is a bit of a c**t.

Eraserhead ( 1977 )

A lot of people say that some of what David Lynch does is just a lot of nonsense. And they'd be right too. Even Lynch himself has admitted that this is so. That's the least of the problems here though. David Lynch has at least been able to put out a good movie even with the added weirdness. What he USUALLY brings to the table though is something that you can watch. It turns out he can't even do that this time. Everything from the way it's sounds to the way it looks to the actual plot is just horrific to watch. It's terrible.

1/10