What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Even though a "gay cowboy" movie didn't appeal to me I thought it must be good due to the rave reviews it received.

So I went with the missus who was dying to see it and to be honest i thought it was pretty awful.

Good acting by the two main characters but it was slow, monotonous and I lost interest after 20 mins.

Overrated.

3/10

Pleb.

Das ist alles.

Even though a "gay cowboy" movie didn't appeal to me I thought it must be good due to the rave reviews it received.

So I went with the missus who was dying to see it and to be honest i thought it was pretty awful.

Good acting by the two main characters but it was slow, monotonous and I lost interest after 20 mins.

Overrated.

3/10

Thats how hearing about it i will probably think of the film, but you never know. Im sure ill have to watch it with the missus as shes a huge Heath Ledger fan :rolleyes: but not one to look forward to.

(its ok i put up with this she puts up with my scary/gory films)

Guest SaintGareth

Watched Get Shorty earlier on. Decent, but over-hyped IMO. Travolta was good, he is a similiar character as in Pulp Fiction, although down played slightly.

Watched Scarface after that, picked it up from Groucho's for £4. For what i saw of it (i fell asleep :rolleyes: ) it was really good, although incredibly brutal. :guns

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Watched Get Shorty earlier on. Decent, but over-hyped IMO. Travolta was good, he is a similiar character as in Pulp Fiction, although down played slightly.

Watched Scarface after that, picked it up from Groucho's for £4. For what i saw of it (i fell asleep :rolleyes: ) it was really good, although incredibly brutal. :guns

Ah grouchos. What a great shop. It stinks of piss or puke or both but it is a great shop. I got a Dundee United v Gothenburg 1987 UEFA final poster from there :D

Guest SaintGareth

Ah grouchos. What a great shop. It stinks of piss or puke or both but it is a great shop. I got a Dundee United v Gothenburg 1987 UEFA final poster from there :D

It's definitely puke ;) . They sell tons of Utd crap (sorry, memorabilia :P ) in there, signed pictures of Golac etc. It's my fave shop in Dundee tbh, excellent selection of DVD's and Albums for really cheap, am always in the place. :)

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Went to see Match Point last night. The script was utterly appalling, the acting stilted, the plot barely maintaining interest.

It had Scarlett Johansson soaked to the bone in a rain scene.

10/10

Does it really? :o You don't happen to get a cheeky glimpse of her personality do you? ;)

Retrieved from page 7 !! :o

Brokeback Mountain - absolutely excellent. 9.5/10

Both Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhall are brilliant in this. It's a cert to win at the Oscars :):D

I concur.

An excellent movie, brilliantly acted and filmed.

All the talk about it being a 'gay cowboy' movie does this film a major disservice. It's so much more than that and such a crude description doesn't capture the emotional force of the movie.

9/10.

Having seen this myself I can only concur with the above assessments.

I have also recently seen:

Public Enemy - A Korean film about a dodgy cop and a killer going head to head. Not that best - acting seemed a bit hammy to me and I think the subtitles weren't that great. 5/10

A Bittersweet Life - Another Korean film. Much better. Violent revenge thriller that ends up as a bit of an homage to westerns. Cracking stuff 8/10

Having seen this myself I can only concur with the above assessments.

A Bittersweet Life - Another Korean film. Much better. Violent revenge thriller that ends up as a bit of an homage to westerns. Cracking stuff 8/10

Went to see Brokeback Mountain on Friday, but saw the trailer for that - at the time I was devastated that I had foregone that violent bloodbath to watch gay cowboys!

But I agree with the general praise of Brokeback Mountain, I'd give it 8/10. Heath Ledger is great in it. I wasn't sure about Gyllenhall's ageing process though, with the tache and sideburns I'm surprised he wasn't outed as gay much earlier in the film!

Went to see Brokeback Mountain on Friday, but saw the trailer for that - at the time I was devastated that I had foregone that violent bloodbath to watch gay cowboys!

But I agree with the general praise of Brokeback Mountain, I'd give it 8/10. Heath Ledger is great in it. I wasn't sure about Gyllenhall's ageing process though, with the tache and sideburns I'm surprised he wasn't outed as gay much earlier in the film!

Heath Ledger certainly showed hitherto unseen talent! Michelle Williams was also very good.

I would definitely recommend A Bittersweet Life. Can't beat 2 hours of gratuitous blood and brains and violence. :ph34r::D

I would definitely recommend A Bittersweet Life. Can't beat 2 hours of gratuitous blood and brains and violence. :ph34r::D

Hear hear! Probably not a first date movie though :lol:

Have you seen the Japanese film Brother? It is awesome and had a fairly high body count, a quite ridiculous level of cold-blooded killing. Brilliant film though :D