What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest VanderDalgarno

Brewster's Millions. Richard Pryor comedy caper. Amidst the madness some genuinely funny parts, e.g. when he buys a $1.25Million stamp and mails it to his solicitors. 7.5/10. RIP Richard Pryor

Beavis and Butthead Do America

Surprisingly watchable and goes beyong the "Huhuhuh-huhuhuh" that made them famous. Some good jokes, in particular the cop who makes everyone take full cavity searches.

7/10

What about the old woman on the bus. :blink::lol:

I rented the DVD of 'Dig!' a 'rockumentary' ( :lol: ) about the Dandy Warhols and their friends/inspirations/comrades/rivals the Brian Jonestown Massacre. It chronicles the path of the two bands over a period of about seven years. Starting out they are both trying to get a break in San Francisco, playing parties and generally behaving like they are in a film about 1970s hippy communes. The film really gets interesting when it delves into the pysche and life of the BrianJonesTown Massacre's singer, songwriter and leader Anton Newcombe - a grade A (perhaps I should have said Class A) nutcase/genius whose ego and personality manage to stop the BJM from making any real impact on the music scene, while the Dandy's manage to get a major record deal and find huge success in Europe. BJM slog through the States, managing to blow numerous record deals and opportunities. One incident sees a showcase gig set up for the band only for them to start arguing and eventually fighting on stage causing the gig to be abandoned. It's funny but also quite tragic - Anton is obviously talented but his perfectionism (after signing to XTX records he builds a studio in his house to record the album and sacks dozens of members of th eband over the years), personality defects (the film touches on his background, his alcoholic, schizophrenic father who commits suicide on Anton's birthday is interviewed) and drug addiction (he has an on-off, mostly on, relationship with heroin) blow any real chance of success. One pretty sad moment is on the BJM;s big American tour they wind up playing to 10 people in the Clevland Communist Party headquarters, a hot gig :huh:

Meantime, the Dandy's build a career in Europe that allows them to branch out into other creative areas and fulfill their ambitions. The film ends with Anton playing an accoustic comeback gig. His reputation for wild onstage antics draws the hecklers and after someone shouting at his femal eguitarist Anton calls the heckler to the front of the stage and boots him in the head before swinging at him with a mic stand. he is arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, thrown in the County jail and banned from seeing his newborn son, who he was going off to visit after the show. Quite sad.

My girlfriend HATED it, saying all th epeople in it were pretentious erseholes who should grow up and stop acting like teenagers, I suppose she had a point. It was a good study of what can happen in music though and of the rampant egotism and clashes that come from being in a band. I'll give it 6.5 out of 10.

Guest Feyenoord

Tin Cup for the 4th of 5th time last night on Sky Movies 1.

I'm not a massive golf fan, a very rarely play and if i do it's just for fun but this movie is really good. Excellent soundtrack too.

8/10

I rented the DVD of 'Dig!' a 'rockumentary' ( :lol: ) about the Dandy Warhols and their friends/inspirations/comrades/rivals the Brian Jonestown Massacre. It chronicles the path of the two bands over a period of about seven years. Starting out they are both trying to get a break in San Francisco, playing parties and generally behaving like they are in a film about 1970s hippy communes. The film really gets interesting when it delves into the pysche and life of the BrianJonesTown Massacre's singer, songwriter and leader Anton Newcombe - a grade A (perhaps I should have said Class A) nutcase/genius whose ego and personality manage to stop the BJM from making any real impact on the music scene, while the Dandy's manage to get a major record deal and find huge success in Europe. BJM slog through the States, managing to blow numerous record deals and opportunities. One incident sees a showcase gig set up for the band only for them to start arguing and eventually fighting on stage causing the gig to be abandoned. It's funny but also quite tragic - Anton is obviously talented but his perfectionism (after signing to XTX records he builds a studio in his house to record the album and sacks dozens of members of th eband over the years), personality defects (the film touches on his background, his alcoholic, schizophrenic father who commits suicide on Anton's birthday is interviewed) and drug addiction (he has an on-off, mostly on, relationship with heroin) blow any real chance of success. One pretty sad moment is on the BJM;s big American tour they wind up playing to 10 people in the Clevland Communist Party headquarters, a hot gig :huh:

Meantime, the Dandy's build a career in Europe that allows them to branch out into other creative areas and fulfill their ambitions. The film ends with Anton playing an accoustic comeback gig. His reputation for wild onstage antics draws the hecklers and after someone shouting at his femal eguitarist Anton calls the heckler to the front of the stage and boots him in the head before swinging at him with a mic stand. he is arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, thrown in the County jail and banned from seeing his newborn son, who he was going off to visit after the show. Quite sad.

My girlfriend HATED it, saying all th epeople in it were pretentious erseholes who should grow up and stop acting like teenagers, I suppose she had a point. It was a good study of what can happen in music though and of the rampant egotism and clashes that come from being in a band. I'll give it 6.5 out of 10.

Spookily enough, that was what I watched last night. :o:o:o

As a big Dandy's fan, I really enjoyed it although you can't help feeling sorry for Anton.

I'd give it a 7.5 / 10