What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Being up with the times, I watched American History X a few nights ago.

I can't make up my mind whether the film police will find that acceptable, I'm verging towards a no though. ;)

I thought it was decent and Ed Norton (who reminds me of HB!!!) was good in it, still not as good as in Fight Club though.

7.5/10

I thought it was a good movie and both Norton and Furlong were decent. The bit at the start where he gets the black guy to bite the kerb is one of the most shocking bits of violence I've seen on film.

Watched Battle Royale on Saturday - cracking film, superb bits of violence in it. 8/10

However, we apparently watched the special edition with the alternative ending where the 2 kids escape and go on the run. Does anyone know what happened at the end of the original?

Also saw Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang. Very funny, thought it was going to be a bit too clever for it's own good at first but it got over it. Robert Downey Jr peeing on a dead body :lol: Val Kilmer in good performance shocker!!

8/10

Went to see Brothers Grimm last night - two con men (Matt Damon & Heath Ledger) make up fairytales of witchcraft in local villages and then get the villagers to pay them to rid the place of the demon. Soon they come across a really spooky forest and are caught up in having to deal with a real fairy tale/witchcraft scenario. Quite good, I enjoyed it but I wouldn't go back and see it again like a film like Wallace and Gromit so I'll say 6/10.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

I watched 2 films yesterday.

I watched Layer Cake in the afternoon. Pretty poor i thought. I had never seen it before and was expecting better things. I'll give it a rather generous 5/10.

Then at night i watched Anchorman. I've seen it before but i was still chuckling away like a little schoolboy. There was a few laugh out loud moments. I'm going to give it a rather funny 8/10.

Guest Stella Addict

Watched Lost in Translation the other night, what a pointless movie :blink:

I was waiting on Bill Murray's character firing in about Scarlett Johansson, but that failed to materialise(sp?) There were some funny parts in the film but nothing to special...

6/10 - Only because Scarlett ws prancing about in her knickers for a while ;)

One thing I noticed in the film though, after a night out in Tokyo you can hire a room to have a kareoke(sp? again :rolleyes: ) party!! Genius

That film about the dude that eats nothing but McDonalds for weeks.

Succeeded only in making me want to go to McDonalds.

Some funny bits though - especially his girlfriends comments about their sex life and how he struggled to "get it up" :lol:

6/10

Watched Lost in Translation the other night, what a pointless movie :blink:

I was waiting on Bill Murray's character firing in about Scarlett Johansson, but that failed to materialise(sp?) There were some funny parts in the film but nothing to special...

6/10 - Only because Scarlett ws prancing about in her knickers for a while ;)

One thing I noticed in the film though, after a night out in Tokyo you can hire a room to have a kareoke(sp? again :rolleyes: ) party!! Genius

It really is a fantastic movie. From the sense of uncertainty felt by both characters at opposite ends of the age spectrum, to the fact they fall in love and don't act on it, to the wonderful shots of Japan, to the several hilarious moments in it, it is superb.

It's the only movie to which I'd give 10/10.

I watched some movie about a fireman getting killed last night. Can't remember what it was called, it wasn't bad though - 6/10.