What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I went to see King Kong last night. We rushed back from the girlfriends mums to get to the 7:00 showing only to be told by the fecking lassie taking the tickets that there were only seats at the front. COuld you not have told us that before we bought our feckin' tickets? :angry: So we spent the whole time cranking our necks and gtting motion sickness :angry::lol:

Aside from that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is long, but doesn't drag. Jack Black is excellent in a straight(ish) role as Carl Denham, film producer and complete b@stard, who hussles his way to SKull Island. The action on the island is amazing, with Kong (played by Andy Serkis) stunning looking, but 'human' enough not to simply seem as though he's out of a computer game. The assortment of giant insects, dinosaurs and brutal natives add to the fun. The thrid 'act' back in New York is fantastic as well, with the inevitablity of Kong's escape and eventual death not detracting from the drama. The scenes on top of the Empire state Building are spectacular.

I'd give it 9/10

Memento. :D

One of my Christmas presents.

One of my favourite ever films.

For those people who have never seen it, beg, borrow or steal it. It is absolutely fantastic. That said, having seen the film before watching it again it all makes sense nowadays, but I remember the first time I watched it it I was transfixed.

For those that dont know, without giving too much away, the scenes are all shown backwards.

I still have two discs of extras to watch as well. :D

Went to see The Producers tonight, took the prospective g/f to see it. We didn't know what to see so just picked a film at random - really enjoyed it, good songs and a few great comedy moments.

8/10. Hell, Uma Thurman looks amazing in it, so I'm going to bump that up to a 9.

I watched 'The SHipping News' the other night.

It starred Kevin Spacey as a man who ends up married and having a child with a lady of ill-repute. Early in the film his wife runs off on him and sells his daughter to a black market adoption agency. However, her car crashes and she is killed. Spacey's parents had also just died at this point and a visit from his hitherto unknown aunt (played by Judi Dench) prompts Spacey's character to move to Newfoundland, where his family originated from. The rest of the film follows spacey's integration intot he community and his uncovering of dirty secrets from his family's past.

I thought it was a good little film, surprising plot, good performances and some stunning sceneryt and photography. Newfoundland is pretty bleak, but beautiful.

I'll give it 7.5/10

• 2 weeks later...

King Kong 8/10

Really good entertainment. The scene with the dinosaurs was unlike anything I've ever seen before. Plot had a few holes in it right enough. I was wondering how they were going to get the phucker back to NY after they'd knocked him out but they just skipped that! Also, I'd guess that it must have broken the record for the percentage of a movie filmed in front of a blue screen.

Retrieved from page 7 !! :o

Brokeback Mountain - absolutely excellent. 9.5/10

Both Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhall are brilliant in this. It's a cert to win at the Oscars :):D

I concur.

An excellent movie, brilliantly acted and filmed.

All the talk about it being a 'gay cowboy' movie does this film a major disservice. It's so much more than that and such a crude description doesn't capture the emotional force of the movie.

9/10.

I saw King Kong at the weekend. Overall I quite enjoyed it but by the end I was like 'just die already will you' as it was dragged out a wee bit.

The scenes on the island were very exciting though and quite scary at times - especially the locals! King Kong himself was superb and it's probably the first time I've felt more for a CGI character than the real actors. A tribute to Andy Serkis really......

I would give it a 7/10

Retrieved from page 7 !! :o

Brokeback Mountain - absolutely excellent. 9.5/10

Both Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhall are brilliant in this. It's a cert to win at the Oscars :):D

I concur.

An excellent movie, brilliantly acted and filmed.

All the talk about it being a 'gay cowboy' movie does this film a major disservice. It's so much more than that and such a crude description doesn't capture the emotional force of the movie.

9/10.

Even though a "gay cowboy" movie didn't appeal to me I thought it must be good due to the rave reviews it received.

So I went with the missus who was dying to see it and to be honest i thought it was pretty awful.

Good acting by the two main characters but it was slow, monotonous and I lost interest after 20 mins.

Overrated.

3/10