What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

The Jacket is excellent, 9/10. I would reccomend this to anyone, its a superb story and Keira Knightly gets her baps oot.

Keira doesn't have any baps. She's got 2 aspirin on an ironing board, a couple of bee stings, a pair of .......you get the picture :P

I had a double header of The Jacket and Road Kill last night.

The Jacket is excellent, 9/10. I would reccomend this to anyone, its a superb story and Keira Knightly gets her baps oot.

Road Kill is an entertaining way to pass an hour and a half without being overly original. 7.5/10.

Who did she borrow them from?

Keira doesn't have any baps. She's got 2 aspirin on an ironing board, a couple of bee stings, a pair of .......you get the picture :P

Who did she borrow them from?

Great minds... or something like that... :lol:

Dead Man's Shoes 10/10

If there is a finer actor than Paddy Considine in the land I'll be damned.

The best anti-hero since Travis Bickle, without doubt.

Excellent performances all round though, especially the boy playing his brother who steers clear of the usual tired "disabled" performances.

I have recently seen:

Jarhead - Not a fan of war flms so wasn't expecting much. Fairly standard stuff although Jake Gyllenhall looked hot.

5/10

Memoirs of a Geisha - Against my better judgment (Chinese actresses playing Japanese characters?) I went along to see this. Quite disappointing really and you can tell it was made by Americans - a bit of a soppy ending. Zhang Zhyi is stunning as usual but the star was Gong Li.

6/10

Final Destination 3 :lol: - I love these films :ph34r: . It's like Casualty only better as you get to play how is the next person going to die in a particularly gruesome and inventive way! Sunbeds really are bad for you kids!

6.5/10

Toy Story 2 - Not as good as the original I think.

6.5/10

Derailed - What can I say. Complete and utter gash. Jennifer Anniston playing against type doesn't work yet and Clive Owen is not at his best. The twist can be seen a few long broons off.

3/10

Final Destination 3 :lol: - I love these films :ph34r: . It's like Casualty only better as you get to play how is the next person going to die in a particularly gruesome and inventive way! Sunbeds really are bad for you kids!

6.5/10

I am looking forward to seeing that, the first two were ace! :lol: The UGC cinema card was invented for films like that! :D

Too right it was! i think my UGC cinema card was the best present ever! :lol:

There was a spell when I first got it where I would actually want the film to be pish, so I could come out and say "at least I never paid for that!" :lol:;)

Memoirs of a Geisha - Against my better judgment (Chinese actresses playing Japanese characters?) I went along to see this. Quite disappointing really and you can tell it was made by Americans - a bit of a soppy ending. Zhang Zhyi is stunning as usual but the star was Gong Li.

6/10

I didn't really have a problem with Chinese actors in Japanese roles. I've not seen the film (I can't ever see the day that I do) but it was a lavish Hollywood production, much in the same way Braveheart had non-Scots in many roles. I've seen many, many films where actors play different nationalities. Elvis played a Mexican once I think. One of the boys in House of Flying Daggers is Japanese but nobody mentioned it because it was a Chinese production.

The novel it is based on was written by some guy from Boston or Texas who at that point hadn't been to Japan so I wouldn't get hung up on the project's authenticity.

I started back at uni on Monday and in one of our classes we had to watch a very strange film called the Last Wave. Apparently it was from the producer of the Truman show but I didn't really understand it at all, infact no one did so if anyone has seen it please explain 5/10

Dead Man's Shoes 10/10

Excellent performances all round though, especially the boy playing his brother who steers clear of the usual tired "disabled" performances.

That's a fantastic film. I can only agree with your comments. Shane Meadows best film since twentyfourseven.

Think I will stick Withnail & I on tonight. Got it at Christmas but havent watched it yet. Not seen it in a good long while.

10/10

My 2nd favourite film of all time and by some strange coincidnence, the 2nd last film I watched. 10/10 from me too.

Last film I watched was Batman Begins which I thought was excellent despite Christian Bale using the exact same accent as he used in the hideously awful American Psycho

7/10

Dead Man's Shoes 10/10

I saw that as well. Is great but the ending was a bit pish, that last guy just seemed to be tacked on to add another 2 minutes to the film - 8/10

Im I the only one who thought the brothers looked like Dave Gorman & Kevin Phillips?