What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

ID agree with that. Also watched it last night, very predictable and maybe could have done with some twist like her father was organising it all. Also think Cillian Murphy (what a fucking stupid name :lol: ) is looking like a half decent actor, and played quite a good bad guy :)

ONly 7? ? :o

If that got a 7 you would have to give SEVEN a 14. The Bone Collector is a decent enough film, but SEVEN blows everything else in this area away.

Watched some of FD2 last night - the crash scene was fantastic (the kids loved it too) and the way they eventually topped the guy in the flat with the escape ladder was class. Saying all that though, I only saw about half the film so I'll give it 3.5/6. :P

Guest Hampden Ton

'Good Night and Good Luck' - 10/10

Admittedly, this might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I decided to go and see it on Saturday night due to the strength of the reviews in the press.

My verdict: If you want to see how a movie should be made, this is it. A masterpiece. Brilliantly shot and impeccably acted - worth seeing for David Strathairns' performance alone.

(Saw the trailer for 'Capote' beforehand, and it looks good too!)

Guest Tim-Robino

'Good Night and Good Luck' - 10/10

Admittedly, this might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I decided to go and see it on Saturday night due to the strength of the reviews in the press.

My verdict: If you want to see how a movie should be made, this is it. A masterpiece. Brilliantly shot and impeccably acted - worth seeing for David Strathairns' performance alone.

(Saw the trailer for 'Capote' beforehand, and it looks good too!)

Agreed, seen this last night a great movie.

Kung-Fu Hustle.

One of the craziest martial arts movies I've ever seen. Some amazing fight scenes, really funny and crossed the cultural and language barrier well. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as it was directed by the guy that done Shaolin Soccer which was rubbish, but this was top drawer.

9/10

Creepshow 2 - 6/10

Would be 3/10 if it weren't for the wooden indian scalping the guy who get going on about his hair, and the giant lake blob which after devouring 3 out of 4 of the people stuck on a raft in the middle of the lake, the last one makes a break for it, swims all the way to the shore and turns round to the blob and says "ha ha i beat you", so the blob just jumps out the water and eats him :lol: :lol:

If that got a 7 you would have to give SEVEN a 14. The Bone Collector is a decent enough film, but SEVEN blows everything else in this area away.

Watched some of FD2 last night - the crash scene was fantastic (the kids loved it too) and the way they eventually topped the guy in the flat with the escape ladder was class. Saying all that though, I only saw about half the film so I'll give it 3.5/6. :P

1) Id give Se7en a 10/10 but would give Bone Collector 8/10 (maybe its because i love films like that). The acting was good, it had Angelina Jolie, and was a good story line. What more do you want in a film? (would have got 10/10 had angelina stripped off :lol: )

2) watched all of FD2 last night. Agree with what your saying, crash scene was excellent :) i thought all the other death scenes were pretty good too, and the ending had a funny way to it, which made me laugh (something i enjoy in a "horror" film) id give it 7/10 :)

I thought the Bone Collector was pish. The ending is rubbish - oh the killer was actually the guy in the chipshop, or whatever. Load of shite.

I haven't been to the pictures in a while, will maybe go this weekend. No doubt my girlfriend will veto all half-decent films though <_<

Wolf Creek - pretty decent in a kind of gritty, ' the killer is slaughtering people for no reason' way.

But it was nowhere near as groundbreaking as it's been made out to be. Some of the scenes are a bit much in a scrotum-tightening kind of way, and I like the slow build-up; the way you get to know and like the characters, but in the end it's just a slasher flick.

7.5/10

I watched 'Capturing the Friedmans' on Channel 4 last night. What a hoot! All round family fun, I went through several boxes of popcorn and flagons of cola watching it!

Not really. For those who don't know it's the story of a Long Island family torn apart by the revelations that their father was convicted of child sex abuse. It really was pretty harrowing, but also raised some interesting points. There is/was absolutely no doubt that the father was guilty of various despicable crimes but what he pleaded guilty to was spurious in the extreme. The police questioning techniques were obviously flawed and the film featured several of the accusers basically confessing that most of the charges were falsified.

Another interesting point was the effect all this had on the dynamics of the family. The family had three sons, one of whom was convicted after pleading guilty to several charges, but the sons seemed to stick completely by their father, even though there was ample evidence that he was an abuser, that he was in possession of graphic material and had committed terrible crimes. They stuck by him and were vitriolic against the mother who said that she didn't know if he was guilty or not.

Went to see walk the line,last night. Verry good performance from both Joaquin Phoenix,and Reese Witherspoon. And the film wasn't to bad either. :D (Though i didn't have a clue who Witherspoon was meant to be playing :ph34r: )

8/10

What music? :blink:

I havent seen it, just knew that she played the wife of the bloke the film is about. Her singing just sounds like an unnecessary complication to that :huh::lol:

Well when you first see her she is just telling crap gags on stage,but then she does sing some of her own songs.

I didn't know that she wrote ring of fire. You learn something new everyday. :D