What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

On Her Majestys Secret Service

To fit in with the winter theme outside what better movie to watch than James Bond taking on SPECTRE in a winter wonderland. There are ski chases, bobsleigh chases, avalanches, cable cars, stock cars on ice and a villains secret HQ at the top of a snow covered mountain.

Nothing beats being warmed up by watching the greatest Bond film of all.

Next it'll be Where Eages Dare.

Predators - Totally forgettable & predictable rubbish with nothing like the number of quotable lines of the original. 2/10

Anyone seen Machete?

Thought the remake was decent.

Yes, if you liked either parts of Grindhouse(Planet Terror or Deathproof) then you should like it.

Zombieland

The missus and I watched this last night and I have to say I thought it was terrific. Black humour throughout, with a fine performance by a semi-mental Woody Harrelson. Enough blood and gore to satisfy even the most sadistic of film buffs, and an opening five minutes of genius, topped off by For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica to accompany the opening credits. Great stuff!

8/10

Unstoppable (2010)

Brilliant, such a simple idea but gets the emotion and the feeling into such a small setting, 95% of the film takes place on the train, or talking about the train, yet it doesn't seem forced at all.

Denzel Washington is one of the five coolest guys on the planet, along with Robert Downey Jr, Morgan Freeman, Samuel L Jackson and Johnny Depp, so can pretty much get away with anything, but this is well worth the watch!

9/10

Unstoppable

Denzel Washington plays a renegade train engineer who risks his life to stop a run away train, which as it turns out is actually stoppable.

I thought it was a predictable and hammy film . The film makers do their best to make a pretty boring story exciting by throwing in a few explosions and screams , but I it was dull overall.

4/10

The Social Network

A great film, in particular the acting by the chap who plays Mark (Jesse Eisenberg from Zombieland) and the astonishingly brilliant screenplay by Aaron Sorkin.

The dialogue and scripting is phenomenal, it's like some of the best episodes of The West Wing, it's that good.

I'm reluctant to give films 10/10 but I genuinely can't think of a fault with it.

I watched it at work a few weeks ago.

I just couldnt see how the movie was going to be any good, despite people rating it so highly.

Anyway, I gave it a go and thought it was absolutely tremendous. 9/10 for me.

See I'm just not sure about that film, what exactly can they make a film about someone creating a website?

Usually films about geeks creating websites usually end up as pretty brutal horrors, but I can't see that happening... so what is it really about?

Thats what I thought but I gave it a go anyway and was pleasantly surprised. .

Seriously, its one of these weird phenomenons that just doesnt make sense as to why its so good.

Give it a go. Its very very good.

Thought the remake was decent.

Yes, if you liked either parts of Grindhouse(Planet Terror or Deathproof) then you should like it.

Nice one bud. Planet Terror was quality & i thought Death Proof was really underrated. Good to see Danny Trejo getting a role like this after Predators kinda wasted his talents.

Nice one bud. Planet Terror was quality & i thought Death Proof was really underrated. Good to see Danny Trejo getting a role like this after Predators kinda wasted his talents.

Yeah, only Rodriguez will touch him because of his drug and crime links. He is his second cousin after all! Machete is probably his best performance imo. Con-air and Predators were alright but too short for me.

I've watched the Back to the Future Trilogy, one in the past three nights. First time I've watched them all in their entirety I'm ashamed to say.

Pretty good, obviously the visual effects aren't great but it was 25 years ago. A solid 9/10 for them. Probably only second to the original Star Wars in the trilogy league.

Yeah, only Rodriguez will touch him because of his drug and crime links. He is his second cousin after all! Machete is probably his best performance imo. Con-air and Predators were alright but too short for me.

I've watched the Back to the Future Trilogy, one in the past three nights. First time I've watched them all in their entirety I'm ashamed to say.

Pretty good, obviously the visual effects aren't great but it was 25 years ago. A solid 9/10 for them. Probably only second to the original Star Wars in the trilogy league.

I think the part in Back to the Future Part 2 where he goes back to 1955 and sees himself in Back to the Future Part 1 is one of the cleverest few scenes I've ever seen in film.

I think the part in Back to the Future Part 2 where he goes back to 1955 and sees himself in Back to the Future Part 1 is one of the cleverest few scenes I've ever seen in film.

What would have made it better would be if in BTTF 1, you caught a quick glimpse of his 'future' character from BTTF 2 looking at him in BTTF1. But I daresay the makers didn't know at the time it was going to be successful enough for sequels.

None of that makes any sense, does it?

What would have made it better would be if in BTTF 1, you caught a quick glimpse of his 'future' character from BTTF 2 looking at him in BTTF1. But I daresay the makers didn't know at the time it was going to be successful enough for sequels.

No I know what you mean, but I guess you're right, they didn't know there was going to be a sequel to it.

Finally got round to watching 'Zombieland' yesterday. Found it to be a lot better than I was expecting and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The scenes at Bill Murray's mansion were a particular highlight.

7.5/10 (The .5 is purely because Emma Stone is out of this world.)

Law Abiding Citizen (2009)

Brillliant film, was has received fuck all recognition from the major award distributors for reasons I can't fathom. They normally love Jamie Foxx as well...

Well worth the plaudits it's been getting on this thread, and deserves my 10 for 2009, I'm taking that away from Crank 2 as that was just taking the piss tbh!

10/10

Law Abiding Citizen (2009)

Brillliant film, was has received fuck all recognition from the major award distributors for reasons I can't fathom. They normally love Jamie Foxx as well...

Well worth the plaudits it's been getting on this thread, and deserves my 10 for 2009, I'm taking that away from Crank 2 as that was just taking the piss tbh!

10/10

Been meaning to watch this for ages. Might use my free Saturday to do so tomorrow.

The trouble is they say time is linear, which means that in Part 1 you have to think that he wasn't there the first time he did it.